'25 NC OT David Sanders (Tennessee commit)

I know we don’t “over spend” for a recruit. But this is one you definitely “over spend” for if you have to. Do not let a team out bid you. Not for this guy.
Agreed. UGA couldn’t hang with the OSU and UT NIL offers. They were hoping for a discount based on NFL pedigree and recent success and it didn’t work. Should be an interesting battle between these two traditional powers in this new NIL world.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I know we don’t “over spend” for a recruit. But this is one you definitely “over spend” for if you have to. Do not let a team out bid you. Not for this guy.
Nope. Reason and logic NEVER go out of style. Stupid money could get you multiple guys whose cumulative value exceeds any one guy NOT a generational talent with a desire to play for you.

IMHO, the only position you could consider over spending on is QB. An O lineman isn’t in a position to single-handedly change the outcome of a game in the same manner as a QB. Certainly quality players are needed all over the field which includes O linemen but there are 5 of them playing in unison to accomplish their mission. Breaking the bank for one of them seems a poor investment to me. JMO

IMHO, the only position you could consider over spending on is QB. An O lineman isn’t in a position to single-handedly change the outcome of a game in the same manner as a QB. Certainly quality players are needed all over the field which includes O linemen but there are 5 of them playing in unison to accomplish their mission. Breaking the bank for one of them seems a poor investment to me. JMO
An OLineman could certainly change the outcome of a game by letting the QB get killed

Accidental post

Looking at the draft and size of contracts, NFL priorities seems to be:

1. QB
2. OT, Edge
3. corner, DT, WR

I could see “overpaying” for any of those top 2-3 positions. I’m sure it’s also impacted by need and/or what may seem to be generational talent at a given position.

All that to say OT is definitely one of the positions where good programs are investing the most.

Last edited:
Looking at the draft and size of contracts, NFL priorities seems to be:

1. QB
2. OT, Edge
3. corner, DT, WR

I could see “overpaying” for any of those top 2-3 positions. I’m sure it’s also impacted by need and/or what may seem to be generational talent at a given position.

All that to say OT is definitely one of the positions where good programs are investing the most.
I’m about ready to see us overpay for an elite CB. Bryce and Alontae were good DBs but it feels like ages since we’ve had a true lockdown CB.

Seems many highly ranked off linemen don’t work out. They look great against smaller players, But you got to do your homework and take some chances.

I mean did anyone expect Ohio State not to take their best swing here for the best tackle in the country?

He still ends up a Vol.
Still don't get why anybody would choose boring Columbus over Knoxville. If you got the talent, both universities will get you to the pros. Ryan day has the personality of a X A&M baseball coach.🥱

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain

VN Store

Back