'25 NC OT David Sanders (Tennessee commit)

Warren Sapp, Reggie White, John Henderson, Billy Ratliff, Aubrayo Franklin. I mean there are many more.
Is Sapp a good guy? He was arrested for Domestic Battery…. then was arrested and fired for assaulting two prostitutes that he didn’t want to pay for services rendered.

Is Sapp a good guy? He was arrested for Domestic Battery…. then was arrested and fired for assaulting two prostitutes that he didn’t want to pay for services rendered.
original discussion was about people who seemed nice but flipped a switch on the field.

I know everyone thinks this kid is can't miss. I'm not so sure. He doesn't come off personality wise like an elite lineman. He seems like a nice kid and usually lineman are mean a-holes. Maybe he's the rare guy who can switch up. But I wouldn't be disappointed if our NIL guys didn't try to one up Ohio State if Ohio State overpays.
Trey Smith???

I know everyone thinks this kid is can't miss. I'm not so sure. He doesn't come off personality wise like an elite lineman. He seems like a nice kid and usually lineman are mean a-holes. Maybe he's the rare guy who can switch up. But I wouldn't be disappointed if our NIL guys didn't try to one up Ohio State if Ohio State overpays.
So future Vol got it

From Rivals:

Sanders is an athletic specimen at left tackle. The five-star and No. 2 overall prospect in the Rivals250 has been clocked at a sub-five-second 40-yard dash, is 6-foot-6 and about 280 pounds, has a wingspan longer than 81 inches and arms about 36 inches long. That’s a rare physical makeup and his film is elite as well.

Sanders is an outstanding pass blocker at this stage of his development, showcasing a strong punch and excellent lateral agility. He has a very mature understanding of pass rushing techniques so he’s ready for pretty much anything defensive ends throw at him.

As a run blocker, Sanders is quick to engage with his target and pushes them backward with relative ease.

It’s also worth noting that Sanders played much of last season with a torn rotator cuff but still didn’t miss a game.

From Rivals:

Sanders is an athletic specimen at left tackle. The five-star and No. 2 overall prospect in the Rivals250 has been clocked at a sub-five-second 40-yard dash, is 6-foot-6 and about 280 pounds, has a wingspan longer than 81 inches and arms about 36 inches long. That’s a rare physical makeup and his film is elite as well.

Sanders is an outstanding pass blocker at this stage of his development, showcasing a strong punch and excellent lateral agility. He has a very mature understanding of pass rushing techniques so he’s ready for pretty much anything defensive ends throw at him.

As a run blocker, Sanders is quick to engage with his target and pushes them backward with relative ease.

It’s also worth noting that Sanders played much of last season with a torn rotator cuff but still didn’t miss a game.
But what about his personality? That’s what really matters the most with offensive linemen.

Darnell Wright is one of the nicest people you will ever meet so don’t know why you decided to have this opinion. Penei Sewell is a great guy. Spraggins is known to be a great guy off the field just mean on the field. Shoot I can think of countless lineman who are nice guys but can flip the switch on the field
He’s in his laboratory cheming up troll potion and you sauntered in for the free lemonade. 😏

Darnell Wright is one of the nicest people you will ever meet so don’t know why you decided to have this opinion. Penei Sewell is a great guy. Spraggins is known to be a great guy off the field just mean on the field. Shoot I can think of countless lineman who are nice guys but can flip the switch on the field
Don't forget how nice a guy Paul Bain was.

From Rivals:

But if he is not an ******* then he is not good. I do not make the rules.

This guy still exists?

HJ doesnt belong with the others. Good thing hunter johnson didnt come here. Dude was trash. I wonder what recruits think when they reflect on the recruiting process. I wonder if he regrets going to clemsux. I believe he finished his career at NW lol
I don’t disagree but at the time he was a big recruit and the appearance was that he swayed Higgins.

He transferred back to Clemson after NW. I don’t think he ever did anything.

Reactions: #Vol4Life1991
Trey Smith is super nice off the field.

There was a video that dropped years ago of Trey Smith slapping around up some other o-lineman in a dorm room. Trey is a killer first who can become a nice guy. Nobody who functions properly in society is an a-hole 24/7. I'm talking inherent character dispositions. Guys like Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant were inherently a-hole killers who could tone it down when they needed to. Versus a guy like LeBron who is a nice guy who you gotta tell to be a killer.

I think the saying is sports is I'd rather have a guy I gotta tell to slow down rather than having to tell a guy to get it going. Elite lineman are naturally aggressive violent guys who learn to control that nature rather than being nice guys who you gotta tell to be violent.

Please just stop. This is as dumb as when you claimed a QBs talents were based on his looks. You really don’t know anything about talent evaluations.

I'm not the only one who has said elite QBs tend to be good looking. It's a common observation that has been made countless times. In fact I would go so far as to say most of the greatest athletes of all-time were exceptionally good looking. Just look at all the GOATs. Michael Jordan, Muhammad Ali, and Tom Brady. All very good looking. In fact if you were to name the top athletes of all-time you would be hard pressed to find many that were ugly by conventional beauty standards.

Reactions: Govolsman98

VN Store

Back