'25 NC OT David Sanders (Tennessee commit)

If he goes to f* Nebraska, meh. For irrational hatred-related reasons I don’t wanna lose him to OSU.

Assuming Lance Heard is what we think, this kid won’t make or break our class. Might affect our ranking quite a bit, whether or not that matters VN has yet to solve.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Poster: Wiltfong is good at what he does but in this situation up to this point it seems that AP has the best, most current information.
No shame in that. Steve is good at what he does. David Sanders doesn’t talk to the media…anyone giving opinions is doing so solely based off talking to their side. So OSU feels good..TN feels good. Nebraska has fingers crossed.
-AP

Nebraska fans I’ve met over the years are pretty good people. I used to attend many business meetings with a guy from Omaha. I told everyone at dinner their players thought the N on their helmets stood for Knowledge. He laughed for years at that.

At the Music City Bowl we were talking trash back & forth to some in a bar before the game. I told them they hadn’t been any good since steroid testing began and they laughed & reluctantly agreed.

Poster: Wiltfong is good at what he does but in this situation up to this point it seems that AP has the best, most current information.

-AP
I just go by consistency when it comes to this recruitment. First it was UT and Clemson. Then it was UT and UGA. Then it was UT and OSU. Now its UT and Nebraska. UT has been there since the beginning and is closest to home. But I am no insider. haha

Last edited:

-AP
I am never confident until they show up. Never know what the decision drivers are or the sequence or how they are weighted. I remember once we won a battle cause E TN had lots of trees. Too old to remember who.

Will celebrate our wins and analyze our losses but never feel compelled to seek the edge of the bridge. Heck, losses today can be temporary setbacks and wins too short term to get too emotional.

Signing days are still important, but not as impactive LONG TERM as they used to be.

I do believe we are still out front on this one, yeah.

-AP
Fwiw I believe if you speak kingvflese you wouldve caught that i pointed to Nebraska as a serious option and maybe #2 iirc.

All I’ll say is this- Jordan Seaton was maybe the wildest recruitment I’ve ever seen but it wasn’t unexpected necessarily because the kid was always all over the place.

If David Sanders ends up anywhere but Tennessee, I’d put it up there as the weirdest recruitment I’ve ever seen. Family was super methodical and diligent until the last month and then started listening to random schools like Nebraska? I just don’t buy it. Vol imo.

Fwiw I believe if you speak kingvflese you wouldve caught that i pointed to Nebraska as a serious option and maybe #2 iirc.

All I’ll say is this- Jordan Seaton was maybe the wildest recruitment I’ve ever seen but it wasn’t unexpected necessarily because the kid was always all over the place.

If David Sanders ends up anywhere but Tennessee, I’d put it up there as the weirdest recruitment I’ve ever seen. Family was super methodical and diligent until the last month and then started listening to random schools like Nebraska? I just don’t buy it. Vol imo.
I’ll look for your post every day! Lol!

Recruiting services building up “drama” to make their subscribers monthly/annual payments “worthwhile”

Hoes....stunt on them

Or Davis building up drama so he has his surprise Moment a lot of kids dream of.
Ap said his people isnt speaking to the media. And this scenerio isnt unique to sanders & co. If you follow recruiting outside of ut, its the same ploy.
1. Dude sets a commitment date
2. Weeks/days leading up to said commitment, “reports” come out x/y schools are making a push
3. Fanbases get rowdy
4. Rinse and repeat

From Rivals:

Timetable: Aug. 17

The No. 1 offensive tackle in the Rivals250, Sanders Jr. is set to make his college decision on Aug. 17 ahead of his senior year at Charlotte (N.C.) Providence Day. Sanders was well-traveled this summer with official visits to Georgia, Tennessee, Nebraska, Ohio State and Alabama, as well as a springtime official to South Carolina.

Sanders has a final four comprised of the Vols, Dawgs, Huskers and Buckeyes, and the latter came out of June with buzz as the team to beat. With a few more weeks until a decision and visits on deck, this recruitment has room for some late drama with one of the best in the country.

VN Store

Back