'26 NC QB Faizon Brandon (Tennessee commit)

I could be wrong but I think/thought Schaeffer was a 5-star. Ainge I believe was a solid or high 4-star but Schaeffer a 5-star.
Last time i look at 247 I thought they had him as a borderline 3/4* guy but were talking two decades ago. 247 could of gone back and changed their rankings.

Reactions: MemphisVol3
Last time i look at 247 I thought they had him as a borderline 3/4* guy but were talking two decades ago. 247 could of gone back and changed their rankings.
247 wasn’t a website yet at that point. Shaffer came out of high school in 2005 and 247 wasn’t founded until 2010.

Rivals was the main recruiting site at that point. Which is why on Shaffer’s 247 high school profile he has a composite 4 star rating but no rating from 247. They (247) went in and added players from before the site was founded at some point.

He was rated as 5.8 - 4 star on rivals.

247 wasn’t a website yet at that point. Shaffer came out of high school in 2005 and 247 wasn’t founded until 2010.

Rivals was the main recruiting site at that point. Which is why on Shaffer’s 247 high school profile he has a composite 4 star rating but no rating from 247. They (247) went in and added players from before the site was founded at some point.

Right. Neither were close to being 5*s at the time. Scout and Rivals were the services then. Believe Ainge was a 3* in one and a 4* in the other. That may have also been the case with Shaeffer. Neither was a top 5 QB nationally. Not sure if either was top 10.

Right. Neither were close to being 5*s at the time. Scout and Rivals were the services then. Believe Ainge was a 3* in one and a 4* in the other. That may have also been the case with Shaeffer. Neither was a top 5 QB nationally. Not sure if either was top 10.
Scout! Thank you, I was trying to remember who the other big one was at the time!

I think Schaffer and Ainge were freshman in 2004. Rivals had them both as 5.8 4 stars when I checked but neither were 5s. One was the 7th best QB and the other was 10th I think. Still pretty solid 4 stars.

Reactions: AllThingsTN
I listened to Bill King and his partner (Bell)? On Nashville radio
I still remember Bill saying Jamal Lewis will be RB1 the day he steps on the practice field.
Cut’s wrongest call starting Mark Levine. Cost us the Florida game imo. Soon as Lewis got greenlit, the team was unbeatable before Nebraska.

VN Store

Back