'26 NC QB Faizon Brandon (Tennessee commit)

Basically I think there’s only so many good regional scouts that go around and evaluate players. When 247 came about it pulled most of the good people from Rivals then ON3 came about and took basically whoever they wanted as well. Rivals is only as good as the people they have evaluating players. Of course ESPN has sucked for years and people still pay for that service. 😂
Yeah I don’t even consider ESPN at all lol. Rivals still has some good scouts and I think they nailed the Boo Carter eval the best (camp reports seem to confirm). But yeah they got pretty much gutted by 247 and now on3 is kinda doing the same.

Reactions: volsfan_17
It use to be in Tennessee High School Athletics that you could not compete in a sport if you turned 19 before that sport began competition. Or maybe I dreamt that I'm not sure.

Can't ever recall such a huge discrepancy amongst ratings for a prospect. Are scouts really that split on him or are the guys at ESPN/Rivals & on3/247 beefing again?

#1 247Sports
#42 ESPN (4 star #5 QB #2 in-state)
#9 on3 (5 star #2 QB #2 in-state)
#134 Rivals (4 star #8 QB #9 in-state)

Can't ever recall such a huge discrepancy amongst ratings for a prospect. Are scouts really that split on him or are the guys at ESPN/Rivals & on3/247 beefing again?

#1 247Sports
On3 prolly has the best crew these days (they took SOME of the best from 247).

ESPN and Rivals are trash, but ESPN is still decent at higher guys. They actually have a couple of talented, experienced evaluators, but are EXTREMELY limited as a full-fledged "staff". Twss

Rivals just flat sucks in every way. Poor evaluators and are now dried up in staff (Shrinkage!! Twss)

Some of y’all don’t get it. No one hates Curtis or thinks that Curtis won’t be good. He probably will. It’s just that he doesn’t fit the UT system as well as Faizon (according to the coaching staff). And then there was another individual who wanted us to NOT take GMac in 25 so we could prioritize Curtis in 26 (which is really the dumbest take I’ve ever heard of on here).
He's had lots of really dumb takes like that over the years.

Gonna be a busy summer for Faizon. Not worried but nice to keep an eye on, wonder if he’ll commit before the year is done

Upcoming visits for Brandon include Florida State (June 9), LSU (June 15), Alabama (June 22) and Penn State(July 27). In-state programs in North Carolina and NC State are also in the mix for the 6-foot-3.5, 195-pounder. As of now, though, Tennessee is making a big move with the elite QB.

#1 247Sports
It’s two summers before his senior year. Rankings don’t mean anything yet

VN Store

Back