'26 NC QB Faizon Brandon (Tennessee commit)

Let’s say Faizon commits and signs. Best possible case scenario for these quarterbacks we have is:

-Nico starts 2024 and 25, drafted after jr year
-Merk wins the job in ‘26, Gmac sits as a sophomore, Faizon as a freshman. Merk balls out as a junior and gets drafted early
-Gmac starts as a junior in 2027 while Faizon sits as a sophomore, balls out and gets drafted early
-Faizon starts in 2028 as a junior

It’s reality now but in 2025/2026 I just don’t see both Gmac and Merk sticking around, depending on who wins the job. I could be entirely wrong and I’m not “worrying” about it. Just thinking out loud

I think the most likely scenario is Nico starts in 2024 and 2025. Gets drafted. Then we start 2026 with either Merk or GMac as the starter but Faizon Brandon is too good to keep on the bench and he takes over mid-season.

I think the most likely scenario is Nico starts in 2024 and 2025. Gets drafted. Then we start 2026 with either Merk or GMac as the starter but Faizon Brandon is too good to keep on the bench and he takes over mid-season.
Faizon will only be a freshman.
Merkilnger will play some THIS season.
He starts in 2026 and 2027. Merkilnger is already giving Nico a healthy push.

GMAC vs Faizon will be the real battle

The most beautiful thing about this one...
This is the type of player that would be going to Clemson before Josh got here..
North Carolina kid, five star elite playmaker, etc..
Dude's film is ridiculous, he out there dropping dimes in double coverage..
It also looks like Kendre Harrison (#11 overall in Nation) is also in play too...
I know Price said something the other day about North Carolina recruiting, but whomever running that needs a raise ASAP.

This is the type of player that would be going to Clemson before Josh got here..
It also looks like Kendre Harrison (#11 overall in Nation) is also in play too...
I know Price said something the other day about North Carolina recruiting, but whomever running that needs a raise ASAP.

Clemson isn’t even a finalist for this guy nor does he have an offer from them.

Talk about missing the point…

In the very first line he said this is the type of player that would go to Clemson pre-Heup.

This player he used as a model of the type of player that would go to Clemson isn’t even considering them. I’m Heup’s biggest fan but even pre-Heup this cat wouldn’t be going to Clemson.

This is the type of player that would go to Bama pre-Heup.

Last edited:

Faizon Brandon previews decision; Nation's No. 1 prospect discusses Alabama, LSU, NC State and Tennessee​

Alabama Crimson Tide: “Kalen DeBoer is a good head coach. He did a lot of good things at the program he was just at, so I know it’s going to be a lot of great things at Alabama. He’s a very grounded guy. It seems like you can talk to him about pretty much anything outside of football, so that’s the main thing with him.”

“Alabama has a lot of great support system that goes beyond the coaching staff. They have a lot of great players around you, so you’re always going to have a great team there.”

LSU Tigers: “Brian Kelly is a very good leader. You can see that when you’re going around the facilities. All the players follow him and look up to him… just by the way the players react to him when he speaks. You can tell he’s a good guy talking to him.”

“Coach (Joe) Sloan is the big piece that stands out to me. He’s one of the best teachers I’ve been around out of all the visits I went to. He made it very easy to understand the offense, which was amazing.”

North Carolina State Wolfpack: “They are a very good program that’s close to home. For them to be this close to home and have a great program like they do is very appealing and exciting. I could see myself being here and staying close to home.”

Tennessee Volunteers: “The thing about Tennessee is the relationships I have from the top down - from Coach Heup [Josh Heupel] to coach Joey (Halzle) and everybody else - even on the defensive side of the ball. It’s great relationships all around.”
They do a great job with the development piece there — from Hendon Hook to Joe Milton to Nico (Iamaleava). They do a pretty good job with quarterbacks there.”

That would give the Vols one of their top commitments in program history, alongside East (Kansas) five-star running back Bryce Brown (2009), Creekside (Georgia) five-star safety Eric Berry (2007), Warren (California) quarterback Nico Iamaleava (2023) and Clayton Valley (California) five-star defensive tackle Kahlil McKenzie (2015).

Faizon Brandon previews decision; Nation's No. 1 prospect discusses Alabama, LSU, NC State and Tennessee​

Alabama Crimson Tide: “Kalen DeBoer is a good head coach. He did a lot of good things at the program he was just at, so I know it’s going to be a lot of great things at Alabama. He’s a very grounded guy. It seems like you can talk to him about pretty much anything outside of football, so that’s the main thing with him.”

“Alabama has a lot of great support system that goes beyond the coaching staff. They have a lot of great players around you, so you’re always going to have a great team there.”

LSU Tigers: “Brian Kelly is a very good leader. You can see that when you’re going around the facilities. All the players follow him and look up to him… just by the way the players react to him when he speaks. You can tell he’s a good guy talking to him.”

“Coach (Joe) Sloan is the big piece that stands out to me. He’s one of the best teachers I’ve been around out of all the visits I went to. He made it very easy to understand the offense, which was amazing.”

North Carolina State Wolfpack: “They are a very good program that’s close to home. For them to be this close to home and have a great program like they do is very appealing and exciting. I could see myself being here and staying close to home.”

Tennessee Volunteers: “The thing about Tennessee is the relationships I have from the top down - from Coach Heup [Josh Heupel] to coach Joey (Halzle) and everybody else - even on the defensive side of the ball. It’s great relationships all around.”
They do a great job with the development piece there — from Hendon Hook to Joe Milton to Nico (Iamaleava). They do a pretty good job with quarterbacks there.”

That would give the Vols one of their top commitments in program history, alongside East (Kansas) five-star running back Bryce Brown (2009), Creekside (Georgia) five-star safety Eric Berry (2007), Warren (California) quarterback Nico Iamaleava (2023) and Clayton Valley (California) five-star defensive tackle Kahlil McKenzie (2015).

If we were to compare Nico to Faizon at this point in their careers who has more talent? I think arm wise Nico would be ahead but it’s so close and there are prob things Faizon does better than Nico other then that they both looked amazing on their Hs tape.

Heupel time after time finds the best talent to run his offense and can beat any coach in the country for who he wants…kinda refreshing

Scott Altizer.

If we were to compare Nico to Faizon at this point in their careers who has more talent? I think arm wise Nico would be ahead but it’s so close and there are prob things Faizon does better than Nico other then that they both looked amazing on their Hs tape.

Heupel time after time finds the best talent to run his offense and can beat any coach in the country for who he wants…kinda refreshing
Nico wasn’t putting up the kind of numbers Faizon put up as a sophomore in HS.

At that stage post sophomore year, Faizon is an all around better QB.

And the Heup will only build over these next two seasons

The big news this weekend is going to come from the top ranked QB in the 2026 class in Faizon Brandon. Much like Sanders, Tennessee has had Brandon to campus more than any other school and his relationships with Heupel and Halzle are top notch. He will commit at 3 pm on Saturday afternoon and it’s hard to not like where Tennessee is in this one.
-VQ

Remember when people were freaking out we weren't going after that Curtis dude, the in-state number one quarterback. Good times.

Remember the days when our quarterback room consisted of guys like Justin Worley, Brian Maurer, dormady?

Now, we will have multiple top five quarterbacks in the same room. If you would have told me that in 2025 we'd have that multiple top five quarterbacks 5 years ago I would have said you were lying and punched you in the face

Remember when people were freaking out we weren't going after that Curtis dude, the in-state number one quarterback. Good times.

Remember the days when our quarterback room consisted of guys like Justin Worley, Brian Maurer, dormady?

Now, we will have multiple top five quarterbacks in the same room. If you would have told me that in 2025 we'd have that multiple top five quarterbacks 5 years ago I would have said you were lying and punched you in the face
Dude that “knows talent” on here wanted us to skip a QB in the 2025 class so as to not scare Curtis off. 😅

VN Store

Back