'26 NC QB Faizon Brandon (Tennessee commit)

They don’t look alike at all outside of wearing the same number. They play in two completely different systems: Dobbs was throwing mostly 10 yard curls and out routes in his high school highlights, Brandon is throwing mostly deep go routes and fades in his. Brandon’s arm is stronger, and he looks faster to me. Very different throwing motions as well.

I'm guessing you think Dobbs isn't that good of talent. I disagree. We'll be lucky if this kid becomes as good as Dobbs in the SEC or NFL. More 5 star QBs bust than end up starting games in the NFL.

I'm guessing you think Dobbs isn't that good of talent. I disagree. We'll be lucky if this kid becomes as good as Dobbs in the SEC or NFL. More 5 star QBs bust than end up starting games in the NFL.
He's not the athlete Dobbs is/was. But arm talent wise, Brandon is better. Very few kids have touch at 15/16. He is special. Hense why he is the number 1 player in the country.

He's not the athlete Dobbs is/was. But arm talent wise, Brandon is better. Very few kids have touch at 15/16. He is special. Hense why he is the number 1 player in the country.
I think Dobbs has/had a little more wiggle, but to me it looks like Brandon is faster. Jmo

No not at all. I love JD. I just think FB is a superior talent.

Based on what? Recruiting rankings? You do know there are 5-star busts every year. Not saying Faizon will be a bust. But comparing him to a All-SEC QB that was drafted in the 4th round of the NFL draft and has played 8 years thus far in the NFL is not a slight. Most 5-star QBs don't accomplish that.

We would be lucky if Brandon Faizon is the QB Dobbs was. Cause Dobbs with Josh Huepel is a heisman trophy caliber college QB.

I agree about the passing touch. Dobbs never quite developed that consistent pinpoint accuracy. That's why my NFL comp for Brandon is Josh Johnson.

Josh Johnson is also very similar to Dobbs. Just a little less athletic but better passing touch. Which is what I see Brandon being.

Based on what? Recruiting rankings? You do know there are 5-star busts every year. Not saying Faizon will be a bust. But comparing him to a All-SEC QB that was drafted in the 4th round of the NFL draft and has played 8 years thus far in the NFL is not a slight. Most 5-star QBs don't accomplish that.

We would be lucky if Brandon Faizon is the QB Dobbs was. Cause Dobbs with Josh Huepel is a heisman trophy caliber college QB.
I like his film, his mechanics, and the way that he can attack the field all 3 levels. His completelion percentage was elite, especially when you consider that he was only a sophomore (who age wise could/should be a freshman) and that he wasn’t dunking and dunking his way to that %. And he has a great burst on running plays but he almost always looks to pass first when scrambling.

And yes dude, I know their are 5 star busts…I know you love Dobbs (I do too) but this guy is Dobbs with elite arm tallent and more burst. He has early 1st round starter potential imo. But yes its just potential at this point.

I’ll leave it at that. It was never a diss on Dobbs. And I don’t want to clutter this thread with my amateur opinions. This guy just has Nico level potential.

Last edited:
Let’s say Faizon commits and signs. Best possible case scenario for these quarterbacks we have is:

-Nico starts 2024 and 25, drafted after jr year
-Merk wins the job in ‘26, Gmac sits as a sophomore, Faizon as a freshman. Merk balls out as a junior and gets drafted early
-Gmac starts as a junior in 2027 while Faizon sits as a sophomore, balls out and gets drafted early
-Faizon starts in 2028 as a junior

It’s reality now but in 2025/2026 I just don’t see both Gmac and Merk sticking around, depending on who wins the job. I could be entirely wrong and I’m not “worrying” about it. Just thinking out loud

Let’s say Faizon commits and signs. Best possible case scenario for these quarterbacks we have is:

-Nico starts 2024 and 25, drafted after jr year
-Merk wins the job in ‘26, Gmac sits as a sophomore, Faizon as a freshman. Merk balls out as a junior and gets drafted early
-Gmac starts as a junior in 2027 while Faizon sits as a sophomore, balls out and gets drafted early
-Faizon starts in 2028 as a junior

It’s reality now but in 2025/2026 I just don’t see both Gmac and Merk sticking around, depending on who wins the job. I could be entirely wrong and I’m not “worrying” about it. Just thinking out loud
Only change I would make is Faizon is a redshirt Sophomore in ‘28 instead of a Jr. I believe all three QBs will get a fair shake at the job the spring after Nico leaves. Even a true freshman Faizon. I believe George will really push Merk for the job, especially if he’s able to get up to 215 by then.

VN Store

Back