'26 NC QB Faizon Brandon (Tennessee commit)

Remember people saying, I do not know about this Heupel guy. Not sure he can recruit in the SEC. Where are they now?
Really? Most of us had questions about his recruiting abilities in the SEC. Let me guess, you were one of the ones who didn’t right? I mean you knew he would stack 3 5* QBs in a row right?

Reactions: Adam2014
Any clues on other players he helps us out with the most?
I can only guess but it would be a decent guess. You can see a lot of the players he attended a recent UA camp with at Mallard Creek. I’m sure he had some conversations about playing with a few of those guys particularly Harrison but again I’m only guessing. We’ve really made some noise in that area as far as recruiting.

Really? Most of us had questions about his recruiting abilities in the SEC. Let me guess, you were one of the ones who didn’t right? I mean you knew he would stack 3 5* QBs in a row right?

It was fair to question but the ones that were he couldn’t like it was already a fact were a bit dumb in hindsight. lol

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Been busy but had to drop by to drop a

BOOOOOOM!!!!!!

monkey-dancing-monkey.gif

Hendon already blew past Peyton and Joe's 1 full year here was equivalent to Shuler's (27/5 vs 28/8).

By 2028 CJH will have 4 of the top 5 UT QBs all-time, I'd bet everything.

I wouldn’t compare QB stats to anyone from before the concussion protocol era to someone who began playing during concussion protocol era. Defenses were a lot tougher before players started getting ejected for hitting dangerously. Pass interference was called differently also. Shuler and Manning were both runner-up Heisman finalists for good reason.

I really hate that Hendon didn’t finish his final season because he played the best senior year of anyone I’ve seen, next to Joe Burrow.

Hendon already blew past Peyton and Joe's 1 full year here was equivalent to Shuler's (27/5 vs 28/8).

By 2028 CJH will have 4 of the top 5 UT QBs all-time, I'd bet everything.
This^

Joe Milton was 314- of-498 (. 631) passes for 4,159 yards and 32 touchdowns with five interceptions at UT.

Yet people talk about how terrible JM was and then turn around and have doubts about future production at the position 😂

People forget the 2021 team was one of the best offenses in TN history. I mean maybe even the second best ever lol. With a depleted roster in year one of a massive rebuild...

Kinda hard to temper expectations considering the talent we have and will have on offense. It's gonna go vroom.

I’m right here. Happy to eat crow and be wrong on it. When he was hired I’ll admit I was probably at about rock bottom as far as confidence in the program. What he and White have done is nothing short of remarkable.
And no one should have blamed you. 15 years had taught you that we would somehow screw it up again. Nothing wrong with taking the "believe it when I see it" approach at that point.
office.gif

No, I never said either way. I knew when a joke of a coach like Butch Jones walked in and started recruiting top talent that UT recruits itself and regardless who was named coach would start pulling talent. Heupel had a system and played things the correct way that put the program on an upward trajectory. And you have to give Donde, Randy Boyd, and Danny White credit to promote success and exclude the division around the program that was evident under the previous AD and administration.

One reason I think it will be many moons before Heupel ever leaves here is there may not be a better situation in the country to have success in a program. And all he has to do is let it happen.

VN Store

Back