Needing prayers.

mrs AV says fitbit indicates she's been in afib all day, and she has only got out of bed twice
Did they send her home on any kind of monitor, or is one built into her pacemaker?

Edit to add: when my low-level heart adventures began last spring, my watch notified me several times of afib. The EKG reading is stored, and my doctor reviewed them (he was impressed by how good they were, coming from a watch.) He finally decided it wasn't afib, but a different atrial arrhythmia, PACs I think.

These watches and Fitbits are impressive, but maybe Mrs. AV's Fitbit is doing the same thing my watch did. 🤞 🙏

Did they send her home on any kind of monitor, or is one built into her pacemaker?

Edit to add: when my low-level heart adventures began last spring, my watch notified me several times of afib. The EKG reading is stored, and my doctor reviewed them (he was impressed by how good they were, coming from a watch.) He finally decided it wasn't afib, but a different atrial arrhythmia, PACs I think.

These watches and Fitbits are impressive, but maybe Mrs. AV's Fitbit is doing the same thing my watch did. 🤞 🙏
I have PAC'S and palpatations also, I had to wear a Holter monitor for a week when I was first diagnosed with afib, which by the way cost if i am remembering correctly $7500 for one week and insurance did not cover it all either. I was reading about the risk factors for afib a while back and was surprised to read that being an athlete was one of the risk factors.

Last edited:
Reactions: ArdentVol

Built in
We talked to aide to one of her doctors yesterday, who did not see any reason to rush to ER after she calmly described events leading to present; He asked her to take BP and it was a surprisingly low 127/77. He also told her it was safe to resume a heart medication she wasnt receiving att ER. Began to feel better by 6, had a decent dinner and she sounded much better while on phone to friends, etc. Awake now, but still in bead.

BTW, her fitbit showed she was in afib during time ER said she was not in Afib

Built in
We talked to aide to one of her doctors yesterday, who did not see any reason to rush to ER after she calmly described events leading to present; He asked her to take BP and it was a surprisingly low 127/77. He also told her it was safe to resume a heart medication she wasnt receiving att ER. Began to feel better by 6, had a decent dinner and she sounded much better while on phone to friends, etc. Awake now, but still in bead.

IMG_1866.jpeg

Reactions: ArdentVol
Built in

This sounds very reassuring. And again, Fitbits and fancy watches are great for telling you to get your rear end to the doctor, but they’re not meant to be super-precise.

Im not a fan of his at all but prayers for President Trump and our country...
Just told Tiffany the same. I don't care to say I'm not a fan of either, but regardless of me not wanting either choice, I don't wish any harm on either. This isn't some 3rd world country (yet), we have elections if you don't like them. That kills me, I know people who hate Trump, and Biden, but they never even vote. Anyway........

will be bringing Mrs AV home from hospital today. We took her to ER on Friday after her heart rate bounced dangerously high and low. Once she was stabilized, her doctors said she needed to be kept for the night for observation and additional tests and were discussing an ablation. One night stretched into ttwo, and she continued experiencing more migraines/

Major problem was another hospital blunder. She was put on a new heart medication when she received the pacemaker, and the prescription was written for one pill a day instead of two. The doctor did a song and dance, saying that it was an understandable mistake. Over a week ago, documentation that she was suffering from sinus arrest was lost, and that was the reason she was not put on a full-size pacemaker.

Best news was that our son was with us for a week, flying back to STL just before this new episode occurred

will be bringing Mrs AV home from hospital today. We took her to ER on Friday after her heart rate bounced dangerously high and low. Once she was stabilized, her doctors said she needed to be kept for the night for observation and additional tests and were discussing an ablation. One night stretched into ttwo, and she continued experiencing more migraines/

Major problem was another hospital blunder. She was put on a new heart medication when she received the pacemaker, and the prescription was written for one pill a day instead of two. The doctor did a song and dance, saying that it was an understandable mistake. Over a week ago, documentation that she was suffering from sinus arrest was lost, and that was the reason she was not put on a full-size pacemaker.

Best news was that our son was with us for a week, flying back to STL just before this new episode occurred
My goodness. How frustrating and scary.

A friend's husband had to have ablation, and they thought they were going to have to do it a second time, but he hasn't gone into afib again. That was last summer. He's doing good now.

I’m so sorry to hear this, especially about the Rx screwup and the bad documentation. So very frustrating! But it’s wonderful that she’s coming home.

Just wanted to say thanks for all the prayers for my stepmom. She finally is home. We’re still worried because she’s having some moments of confusion and we’re praying it’s not permanent. But compared to where we were several weeks ago… just crazy different.
I had a bag packed thinking I was going to a funeral.

Prayers work. Still praying for the rest of you and your loved ones’ issues.

Just wanted to say thanks for all the prayers for my stepmom. She finally is home. We’re still worried because she’s having some moments of confusion and we’re praying it’s not permanent. But compared to where we were several weeks ago… just crazy different.
I had a bag packed thinking I was going to a funeral.

Prayers work. Still praying for the rest of you and your loved ones’ issues.
I’m so glad she’s doing better. I really hope she continues to get better. I recently had a friend I thought was going to die within a week or so and he turned the corner and is also continuing to get better. I pray your stepmom does so as well.

Edit: I forgot to insult you. I apologize for that lapse.
Clearly your stepmom deserves good health as she has to put up with you.

Love you

I’m so glad she’s doing better. I really hope she continues to get better. I recently had a friend I thought was going to die within a week or so and he turned the corner and is also continuing to get better. I pray your stepmom does so as well.

Edit: I forgot to insult you. I apologize for that lapse.
Clearly your stepmom deserves good health as she has to put up with you.

Love you

Glad your friend is doing better, and you’ll always be my favorite piece of crap.

VN Store

Back