Needing prayers.

Mom keeps getting better over all health wise, but dementia took turn for the worse. She's sure she is at Northgate (she's still in rhab hospital), and that my dad has PUT her there because he doesn't want her around anymore. He's been there every single day only going home to sleep since this began...and yet she's now blaming him for it all.....it's really hard to see for both of them, she's truly confused and scared, and he's truly feeling helpless. If he were the type to cry he would have. I have never see my dad cry my entire life though. One time when he had to lay a bunch of people off including friends he'd known for decades...he did stay in his car in the driveway for hours...other then that, I have never seen the man shed a tear. Wether you like me or not, please keep my parants in prayers.
Praying 🙏

Same here

Been a long time comin
moved this one over from the OKie game thread

found a box of old photos the other night...been sorta havin to look through em....my wife and daughter pics with Jamal, Peyton, daughter huggin up on Fulmer, Jeremaine Copeland playin in the floor with Katie....all of us with Big Al...me lookin at those pics cryin like a baby lookin at the bottom of a bottle of Captain Morgan....good times...wish my wife was able to see where we are now...breaks my heart that she can't process, and not just about football, but everything else....gonna take some of these pics up to her and hope it connects on some level....all surreal, and I have no business airin that out here but ya'll are Vol family...Wed night another resident accidentally ran over her foot with a wheelchair, nothing's broken, but on Sunday they found out she had pinkeye and started her on meds.....it's one thing after somethin else....please continue to keep her and my family in your prayers

am so graateful I went back to school...the kids give me a sense of "normal" during the day, if that makes sense...told one the other day Frankie you stay on my dam nerves about half the time but you're a teenager and you're supposed to so thank you for giving me something normal haha

Hey....how did your Dad's surgery go....good I hoping and praying 🙏
It went well, but he is in a lot of pain. We are concerned since he isn't really moving much yet, not really attempting either...which could lead to blood clots, etc. My brother is going to go over there tomorrow to see if he can help out.

Thanks for asking!

found a box of old photos the other night...been sorta havin to look through em....my wife and daughter pics with Jamal, Peyton, daughter huggin up on Fulmer, Jeremaine Copeland playin in the floor with Katie....all of us with Big Al...me lookin at those pics cryin like a baby lookin at the bottom of a bottle of Captain Morgan....good times...wish my wife was able to see where we are now...breaks my heart that she can't process, and not just about football, but everything else....gonna take some of these pics up to her and hope it connects on some level....all surreal, and I have no business airin that out here but ya'll are Vol family...Wed night another resident accidentally ran over her foot with a wheelchair, nothing's broken, but on Sunday they found out she had pinkeye and started her on meds.....it's one thing after somethin else....please continue to keep her and my family in your prayers

am so graateful I went back to school...the kids give me a sense of "normal" during the day, if that makes sense...told one the other day Frankie you stay on my dam nerves about half the time but you're a teenager and you're supposed to so thank you for giving me something normal haha
Thinking about you guys every day. I hope she can connect with the photos. 🙏🏻

Here, in this thread, you will always be embraced with earnest acceptance and sympathy. Glad you’re finding a little normalcy. Prayers for your missus. 🙏🏽

I ask for prayers for my 80+ year old brother in law. He was taken to the ER at Roane Medical this afternoon after being extremely confused. A scan showed a brain tumor on the right lobe with swelling. He is being transported to Park West. Please pray for his healing and strength for my sister.

I ask for prayers for my 80+ year old brother in law. He was taken to the ER at Roane Medical this afternoon after being extremely confused. A scan showed a brain tumor on the right lobe with swelling. He is being transported to Park West. Please pray for his healing and strength for my sister.
Prayers up

Praying.

It went well, but he is in a lot of pain. We are concerned since he isn't really moving much yet, not really attempting either...which could lead to blood clots, etc. My brother is going to go over there tomorrow to see if he can help out.

Thanks for asking!
Oh I am sorry to hear that he is in pain, praying for his pain to ease up and for his recovery to be quick.

We'll be praying

Prayers up

Prayers 🙏

Prayers A: Thank you. Mom came home today. My Dad, myself, and my sister all helped her coming home a bit easier cleared pathways, tried to make sure she has a much better situation. Health wise she is doing better. Memory she is doing better, but I am not sure my dad is prepared for the level she is going to need him and he's pushing 85. Sister is staying a few more days but then it will be and my dad. She can't go to bathroom without some level of help, so this will be an adjustment. All in all considering how this started, we are optimal, and I do think prayers matter.

Prayers A: Thank you. Mom came home today. My Dad, myself, and my sister all helped her coming home a bit easier cleared pathways, tried to make sure she has a much better situation. Health wise she is doing better. Memory she is doing better, but I am not sure my dad is prepared for the level she is going to need him and he's pushing 85. Sister is staying a few more days but then it will be and my dad. She can't go to bathroom without some level of help, so this will be an adjustment. All in all considering how this started, we are optimal, and I do think prayers matter.
continued prayers for you all, SNF

Prayer B: "Important unimportant thing." My basement has flooded numerous times. My wife has ptsd from any hard rain, and she will get anxiety attacks. We have never had a rain like what may be coming, and we also have never prepared like I did today. Sandbags, tarps, gutter extensions, a brand new sump pump on standby, tarps on angles around the house, weighted by rocks and buckets of concrete....Tonight we are the flood alamo....the good news is I am not near any creek just the river and I am a good 15+ feet above that at least. Yes even on top of the hill, with extra wide gutters, and gutter guards keeping leaves out etc, I get 3-6 inches of water in basement from any bad storm we have had to rip stuff out numerous times carpet, furniture boxes of ruined stuff. Then deal with mold etc. We finally just left it unfinished and use it for storage. So Prayer's for Fury's basement....or rather for Mrs Fury not having a 24-48 hr anxiety attack. Myself I have just got used to rolling up my sleeves and say "here we go again." I fully expect despite my efforts to be splashing in the basement by morning... :( It is what it is. I was the one the required any house we looked at had a basement in the event of a bad storm.....jokes on me.

I’m so glad that she’s better and has come home!

Try to get your dad to check into home health care, even for just a couple hours a day to give him a break and help your mom shower, or even if it’s only for house care (cooking, cleaning, etc.

Also, there’s some financial help for families trying to keep loved ones at home. Only a few states have family caregiver assistance, none in the South, but your mom and dad might be eligible for a Community First Choice program. Any income from that might help him pay for more hours of in-home help. He’s going to need breaks, even if only to take a nap. There should have been a medical social worker assigned to your mom in the hospital. That would be a good place to start. They’re familiar with the ins and outs of in-home care.

It’s really important that he not sacrifice his own health during this. Praying for you guys.

I’m so glad that she’s better and has come home!

Try to get your dad to check into home health care, even for just a couple hours a day to give him a break and help your mom shower, or even if it’s only for house care (cooking, cleaning, etc.

Also, there’s some financial help for families trying to keep loved ones at home. Only a few states have family caregiver assistance, none in the South, but your mom and dad might be eligible for a Community First Choice program. Any income from that might help him pay for more hours of in-home help. He’s going to need breaks, even if only to take a nap. There should have been a medical social worker assigned to your mom in the hospital. That would be a good place to start. They’re familiar with the ins and outs of in-home care.

It’s really important that he not sacrifice his own health during this. Praying for you guys.
My dad has done well enough I doubt they would qualify for much. He's already looking at a service to come a few days a week....but it's pricey. Hoping maybe insurance will cover some if only because it's cheaper then assisted living etc. Main issue is he's just done well enough to have good retirment insurance etc...but not well enough to be unconcerned by it.

Our Heavenly Father, we thank you for your love and forgiveness. We thank you that we may have the promise of eternal salvation should we simply ask for your forgiveness, as you carried our sins to the cross. We pray for all the sick and afflicted mentioned here and for those that are not mentioned as well. We ask for understanding, comfort and strength for all with suffering loved ones. May your will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven. In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit we give all the praise, the honor, and the glory forever. Amen.

I thank you all for the prayers for my brother-in-law. His healing will come in Heaven, as his tumor is inoperable stage 4 glioblastoma. Peace be with you all.

Our Heavenly Father, we thank you for your love and forgiveness. We thank you that we may have the promise of eternal salvation should we simply ask for your forgiveness, as you carried our sins to the cross. We pray for all the sick and afflicted mentioned here and for those that are not mentioned as well. We ask for understanding, comfort and strength for all with suffering loved ones. May your will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven. In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit we give all the praise, the honor, and the glory forever. Amen.

I thank you all for the prayers for my brother-in-law. His healing will come in Heaven, as his tumor is inoperable stage 4 glioblastoma. Peace be with you all.
same as my wife has, man
the "operation" on her consisted of removing 1/8 of her left frontal lobe...the only choice we really had
thoughts and prayers with your family for sure...it is terrible

Sorry to hear that man, prayers for your family

VN Store

Back