Neverending MBRO memory thread

I mean most intersections involving interstate involve a bridge, but let’s assume that’s the one you’re referencing. Where were you coming from to go through there? I thought you were more in South JC and out towards Bristol?

Lol I hit that on the way in yesterday. Luckily the light was red. Gave me a minute to survey the situation.
1662769791310.png

@volfanbill
I will try it again with a more positive attitude. HAHAHA
My wife used to work for someone in BC, and she would go to the FC, to Headtown, and back to the JB Hwy and get on Interstate at that exit. She drove it every day, and agreed it was a pain.
When we were over that way a few months ago and I posted up about it, I had no idea it had changed and we were up on it before I could really process what it was all about hahaha

I mean most intersections involving interstate involve a bridge, but let’s assume that’s the one you’re referencing. Where were you coming from to go through there? I thought you were more in South JC and out towards Bristol?
I think I was on 381(?) Going in and 26 on the way out. The only thing I dislike about gps is I spend to much time looking at the screen and listening to Google maps than enjoying the scenery.

Reactions: volfanbill
I assume you can’t avoid that exit to get to Bob Evans though?

Anyone that grew up dealing with the BC/Jonesborough exit on an almost daily basis knows it’s a fantastic fix. Anyone else prolly gets lost. Old people prolly get lost too.
Its really easy unless you think about it. The right turn lane on the left coming off the interstate is my secret weapon, nobody uses it and its handy to blow past the Subarus and retirees from Illinois before you hit Boones Creek to Jonesborough, which takes a long time when youre going 45. Which is why I stopped using it and went home through Sulphur Springs when I worked in KPT

I think I was on 381(?) Going in and 26 on the way out. The only thing I dislike about gps is I spend to much time looking at the screen and listening to Google maps than enjoying the scenery.
381 is where you can run over a crackhead at 625am and get distracted by college girls on the way home at 5 🤣

381 is State of Franklin. So the Boone’s Creek exit would be the next exit off I-26 going towards Kingsport.

Reactions: GordonC
Its really easy unless you think about it. The right turn lane on the left coming off the interstate is my secret weapon, nobody uses it and its handy to blow past the Subarus and retirees from Illinois before you hit Boones Creek to Jonesborough, which takes a long time when youre going 45. Which is why I stopped using it and went home through Sulphur Springs when I worked in KPT
My cousin just bought an old farmhouse in SS. I used to be on that road a lot, because I loved the Onks Greenhouse location in Rheatown. They closed that one and moved everything out near DBHS. They are good folks.
We're in Rock Springs area, and I was raised in Fordtown. I usually go back way to Ford Creek and then across Hugh Cox to avoid all the traffic, which I hate. haha

Reactions: volfanbill
When I'm driving, I'm more of a landmark kinda guy than I am a mile marker, I-whatever person. Weird. ikr!

I used to go behind Daniel Boone to Hale’s Chapel, to old BC/Jonesborough Hwy to get to Headtown. i could never win a race against a real professional race car driver, but I’d earn their respect if we ever raced on the old BC/Jonesborough Hwy. half the time, I’d even use the old Hwy instead of the new straight one when going to Jonesborough proper. I love that road

View attachment 488253

@volfanbill
I will try it again with a more positive attitude. HAHAHA
My wife used to work for someone in BC, and she would go to the FC, to Headtown, and back to the JB Hwy and get on Interstate at that exit. She drove it every day, and agreed it was a pain.
When we were over that way a few months ago and I posted up about it, I had no idea it had changed and we were up on it before I could really process what it was all about hahaha
I had read about it so in knew it was different. But it’s so much better than any of the previous twelve attempts to improve traffic flow there.

I used to go behind Daniel Boone to Hale’s Chapel, to old BC/Jonesborough Hwy to get to Headtown. i could never win a race against a real professional race car driver, but I’d earn their respect if we ever raced on the old BC/Jonesborough Hwy. half the time, I’d even use the old Hwy instead of the new straight one when going to Jonesborough proper. I love that road
I just dont like that way for whatever reason, so I take sulphur springs to tn-81.

That dude who got whacked by the trooper up the street this week got off the Fall Branch exit and ran up tn-81 to leesburg and ended up wrecking in a pasture. Thats a hell of a driving job to make it that far in a high speed chase

I just dont like that way for whatever reason, so I take sulphur springs to tn-81.

That dude who got whacked by the trooper up the street this week got off the Fall Branch exit and ran up tn-81 to leesburg and ended up wrecking in a pasture. Thats a hell of a driving job to make it that far in a high speed chase
Oh I can be pretty good on Hwy 81 too. Used to take Jonesborough to the pizza plus right before fall branch every day in the summer. I was a member at Graysburg golf. My college buddies and I were the dew busters trying to play 27 we’d have to work that afternoon. But there were more deputies out there to keep me in check speed wise.

VN Store

Back