New California bill. More insanity

No it isnt. People should be aware that their representatives are wasting their tax dollars writing bills that wont pass.

You going to hold Republicans to that standard? Please point me to your disparaging remarks on the forum concerning the following:

Fetus-Free Food
For sheer weirdness, nothing beats Oklahoma state Sen. Ralph Shortey, who wants to ban “food or any product intended for human consumption which contains aborted human fetuses.” Are a lot of aborted fetuses ending up in Oklahomans' dinners? Even he admitted, “I don’t know if it is happening in Oklahoma.” No word on whether he’s going to follow on with a courageous stand against Soylent Green.

Oklahoma also brought what has been called the “every sperm is sacred” bill, for the old Monty Python sketch, which, in the spirit of granting personhood at the moment of conception, would deem any waste of sperm (as in, for example, masturbation) “an action against an unborn child.” This month a local Delaware council approved a similar resolution. (While these bills are real, they were also composed tongue firmly in cheek aiming to poke fun at the "personhood" movement.)

One bill in the Volunteer State’s legislature would ban teachers from talking about homosexuality in elementary and middle school sex ed classes (hence its nickname: the “don’t say gay” bill). Homosexuality “happens in nature, but so does bestiality,” said the bill’s sponsor, Sen. Stacey Campfield. “That does not make it right or something we should be teaching in school.” Campfield and his allies agreed to let the bill stall when they realized that Tennessee currently has no sex ed in elementary and middle school.

You going to hold Republicans to that standard? Please point me to your disparaging remarks on the forum concerning the following:

Are you brain dead? I am defending the idea that it is newsworthy reporting.

I know you live in blue/red world, but that isnt the point here.

But please find my post on suggesting less info is better. Hurry back.

More ....

Wyoming’s legislature debated (and killed) legislation which came to be known as the doomsday bill that called for the state to start making plans for a catastrophe that incapacitated the federal government—including the possibility of setting up an “alternative currency” to the U.S. dollar. Another provision, which would have looked into setting up a draft and acquiring an aircraft carrier, was added with the intent of sinking the bill. It succeeded.

Are you brain dead? I am defending the idea that it is newsworthy reporting.

I know you live in blue/red world, but that isnt the point here.

But please find my post on suggesting less info is better. Hurry back.

So its newsworthy if a Dem proposes an antagonizing bill with no chance to pass, but when a Republican does it that's okay because he/she is just defending legitimate freedoms.

giphy.gif

So its newsworthy if a Dem proposes an antagonizing bill with no chance to pass, but when a Republican does it that's okay because he/she is just defending legitimate freedoms.

giphy.gif

I guess the part where I said more info is better, confuses you.

Unless actual abuse is happening, I don't think society should be interfering with the family dynamic. Parents should raise their children, not society.

There are things that can be done within the confines of a business which are both good for business and society. I am not for government interjection in this type of situation, but I would wholeheartedly support retailers making the decision to alter their practices of their own accord. And that very well may be the point of this bill... to simply raise awareness.

VN Store

Back