New list for loudest college stadiums

I don't agree with Georgia's stadium. Granted, we don't have much to say recently, but they leave midway through the 4th quarter to go downtown.

i'll be interested to hear from you all after the oregon game.

i just can't believe autzen is that loud with that few people. it's one of those things that i have always suspected is overblown.

Reactions: 12 people
We damn sure have the potential to get there, but to be honest, its been awhile

i just can't believe autzen is that loud with that few people. it's one of those things that i have always suspected is overblown.

I'm amazed with the backing they have from their boosters that it isn't bigger.

Tim Couch said Memorial Stadium in Little Rock was the loudest venue he's ever played in...and he said that his senior year. MS holds about 55,000 people. Acoustics are the key.

When Tennessee has a good team on the field I doubt if there's a louder stadium anywhere. When Clint Stoerner fumbled in '98 it was a like an earthquake hit the stadium.

Reactions: 2 people
Is Oregon's stadium really that loud? I can't say much though, as I have only really seen Oregon play on TV a few times.

Remember the Montana fans on here that said they had the loudest stadium in the country?

everyone's experience at an opposing stadium is different because you don't get the same situations and environments are different for various reasons.

so, if you were a florida fan and your only trip to neyland was in 1998, your perspective is going to be different than if you are a florida fan and your only trip to neyland was in 2008.

i feel bad for some other programs because they don't get the same experience and understand why a place gets the reputation it does. the noise factor depends on the opponent and how good the team is that year. i have had arkansas fans tell me that the swamp wasn't all that loud. i told them that's because you're arkansas. it would sound a tad bit different if you were florida state.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
everyone's experience at an opposing stadium is different because you don't get the same situations and environments are different for various reasons.

so, if you were a florida fan and your only trip to neyland was in 1998, your perspective is going to be different than if you are a florida fan and your only trip to neyland was in 2008.

i feel bad for some other programs because they don't get the same experience and understand why a place gets the reputation it does. the noise factor depends on the opponent and how good the team is that year. i have had arkansas fans tell me that the swamp wasn't all that loud. i told them that's because you're arkansas. it would sound a tad bit different if you were florida state.
ouch arky just got owned

ouch arky just got owned

it's truth.

there have been years where some player from a cupcake team (like an arkansas state) would say something after the game that the swamp wasn't all that intimidating.

some people have no clue that fans don't have an equal level of excitement for every game.

a great example is sec basketball arenas. there is the arena when kentucky comes to town and then there is the arena for every other game on the schedule.

They say the way the stadium layout is makes 60k people sound like 110k.

VN Store

Back