New list for loudest college stadiums

it's truth.

there have been years where some player from a cupcake team (like an arkansas state) would say something after the game that the swamp wasn't all that intimidating.

some people have no clue that fans don't have an equal level of excitement for every game.

a great example is sec basketball arenas. there is the arena when kentucky comes to town and then there is the arena for every other game on the schedule.

Its all about rivalries and what's at stake.

I'm sure when we go to Autzen this year it won't be as loud as a USC or Oregon State game but...I have no doubt it will be loud. The crowd sits right on top of the field in Autzen, giving it a very up close and personal feel, or so I've heard from some acquaintances who were from Oregon.

I really wish I could go...Autzen is definitely a stadium I'd like to go to, regardless of UT being there. In fact, I'd rather see a rivalry game there, you get a more authentic feel.

i'll be interested to hear from you all after the oregon game.

i just can't believe autzen is that loud with that few people. it's one of those things that i have always suspected is overblown.

Really wish I could make it to that game. If I could, I've give a full report.

it's truth.

there have been years where some player from a cupcake team (like an arkansas state) would say something after the game that the swamp wasn't all that intimidating.

some people have no clue that fans don't have an equal level of excitement for every game.

a great example is sec basketball arenas. there is the arena when kentucky comes to town and then there is the arena for every other game on the schedule.

Yep, I've had fans of school like Marshall or MTSU say Neyland wasn't that loud, and I told them to come back when UT plays a biggest SEC team.

Been to the BIG HOUSE and it was pretty loud...surprised Michigan didn't make the list.

While the probability is very low and might approach zero, I hope Autzen's 54,000 sounds more like 27,000 or less by the end of the game

Tim Couch said Memorial Stadium in Little Rock was the loudest venue he's ever played in...and he said that his senior year. MS holds about 55,000 people. Acoustics are the key.

Been to probably 10 games there back in the Holtz days and before. It was loud. But it is not Neyland loud unless it has radically changed.

Been to the BIG HOUSE and it was pretty loud...surprised Michigan didn't make the list.
Had a friend from another message board that lives in the Detroit suburbs and he went to a game at Ann Arbor and said it was boring. Told him to catch a game at Neyland, he did and said it beat the socks off the Big House.

everyone's experience at an opposing stadium is different because you don't get the same situations and environments are different for various reasons.

so, if you were a florida fan and your only trip to neyland was in 1998, your perspective is going to be different than if you are a florida fan and your only trip to neyland was in 2008.

i feel bad for some other programs because they don't get the same experience and understand why a place gets the reputation it does. the noise factor depends on the opponent and how good the team is that year. i have had arkansas fans tell me that the swamp wasn't all that loud. i told them that's because you're arkansas. it would sound a tad bit different if you were florida state.

It isn't often that I completely agree with 99gator, but this is one of those instances. Crowd noise is directly proportionate to the relative success a given program has enjoyed lately and, even then, the magnitude of the game. Frankly, I am surprised that we are ranked this high right now. Neyland has been like a morgue for the last five years, and understandably so, but that will radically change when we get the program back up to Tennessee standards.

And btw all hatred aside floridas stadium is a joke. It is not that loud for a 90k stadium. I've been there a few times and never heard it approach Neyland when Neyland is going. Ben hill griffin is overrated. Both my parents went to osu and have been tn season ticket holders for a long time. They say tn is way louder. Whoever makes this list is insane. Lsu I won't argue with.

Last edited:
Replace Sanford with Jordan-Hare, and swap Jordan-Hare with Neyland.

In my travels LSU is easily the loudest, followed by Auburn and UT. UGA wasn't all that loud...then again they didn't have much to cheer about that particular day.

Can't speak for Ohio State, Lane Stadium or Happy Valley...but Clemson is OVERRATED.

Replace Sanford with Jordan-Hare, and swap Jordan-Hare with Neyland.

In my travels LSU is easily the loudest, followed by Auburn and UT. UGA wasn't all that loud...then again they didn't have much to cheer about that particular day.

Can't speak for Ohio State, Lane Stadium or Happy Valley...but Clemson is OVERRATED.

Been to your stadium for games we beat u and games we lost and never been impressed. Borderline top 10.

There is only one reason for this drivel every year: drive traffic with mad and glad people.

Congratulations.

I just don't know why it gets hype just because you guys have been good. The stadium is not as loud as Neyland. It's really not debatable. And I was there for number 2 vs number 5 with the sec east on the line so don't say it depends on the game.

I just don't know why it gets hype just because you guys have been good. The stadium is not as loud as Neyland. It's really not debatable. And I was there for number 2 vs number 5 with the sec east on the line so don't say it depends on the game.

It's debatable, but it won't change your opinion and you won't change mine, so again...congratulations.

Yeah there's NO WAY you're biased or anything.

Let me guess....you think Neyland is #1.

I'm not going to lie, and this is not an attack on 99gator or anyone else but the swamp was the most disappointing stadium I have ever been in. I went for thr UT game in 2012 and I saw most of the crowd sit for 60 minutes. It was so anticlimactic that I had no intention on staying in Gainesville. The swamp is not all it pretends to be, and I hope it's a lot better come the third Saturday in september

VN Store

Back