New Pay Raise for Fulmer Announced (Merged)

What Do you think about Fulmer's raise?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Summary based on voting thus far:
Nega-Phils :no:
allvol123, allvolinky, BigAl, billbattle, BleedinOrange, Business, Cartervol, champyvol, DJ2005, dobre_shunka, drewwes01, duckman398686, General Jack, head1, jakez4ut, jeblevins, j_thrill, kptvol, lewis co vol, LS Vol, MyBloodRunnethOrange, OrangeEmpire, RockyTop18, rpvol, saxvol, sickemsmokey10, T-TownVol, TennesseeVols16, tennfanatic, TEX_VOLFAN, TheDeeble, tidybowlchamps, TravisHenryCBlockedMe, TreeGreen, tvolsfan, utstu, Vol423, Vol4ever, VolDad, VolFirebirds, VolGrad 04', VolinArizona, volsforever27, VolunteerHillbilly, Voluripides, We're In Trouble
If and when he does something to actually earn such a raise, like winning the SEC, I'll be happy to admit that I was wrong. Until then, I'm perfectly happy to accept the label of NegaPhil, or Negavol or whatever you call it.

It really has turned into the good ole boy's club at our university. If Fulmer was at Notre Dame, Michigan, Ohio State, or USC he would be in the unemployment line. But Hambone and Fulmer dont care about being mediocre as long as they get their money. I think we need to make Bruce Pearl the AD and make the Fulmer the janitor.

Yep, and while I don't know the intimate details of those other universities, I would be willing to bet that the HBC didn't help land the AD his job.

Should have known we were going to have a conflict of interest when the coach helped to select his own boss.

Yep, and while I don't know the intimate details of those other universities, I would be willing to bet that the HBC didn't help land the AD his job.

Should have known we were going to have a conflict of interest when the coach helped to select his own boss.

I just always thought that a raise was given when someone did an exceptional job. I dont understand this raise at all, I mean with Fulmer as coach I see nothing but 8-4 seasons. Every single person pro Fulmer or anti Fulmer that I have talked too disagrees with this extension and raise. Not to mention that he has a horrible record versus Tuberville, Saban, Spurrier, and Meyer. With us giving him an extension our opponents are not scared but happy because Fulmer does not scare anyone as a coach.

I just always thought that a raise was given when someone did an exceptional job. I dont understand this raise at all, I mean with Fulmer as coach I see nothing but 8-4 seasons. Every single person pro Fulmer or anti Fulmer that I have talked too disagrees with this extension and raise. Not to mention that he has a horrible record versus Tuberville, Saban, Spurrier, and Meyer. With us giving him an extension our opponents are not scared but happy because Fulmer does not scare anyone as a coach.

He scares Mark Richt and Houston Nutt!

I just always thought that a raise was given when someone did an exceptional job.

This contract gives him a $37,000 bonus just for making the Music City Bowl.

Who gives a bonus for the Music City Bowl? :crazy:

Combine that with the 8 win clause and you have to wonder just how far down Tennessee's "exceptional job" standards have fallen.

This contract gives him a $37,000 bonus just for making the Music City Bowl.

Who gives a bonus for the Music City Bowl? :crazy:

Combine that with the 8 win clause and you have to wonder just how far down Tennessee's "exceptional job" standards have fallen.
Does this = mediocrity? :eek:hmy:

A 3-4 record against Richt doesn't exactly inspire shock and awe.

...not to mention the fact that Richt has won two SEC Championships and 4 out of 7 SEC East Championships since becoming the Georgia head coach in 2001. Richt also has a 5-2 bowl record as the head coach of Georgia, including a 2-1 record in BCS bowls since 2001. How many BCS bowl games has Fulmer made since the 2001 season again? That's right. Zero. Hell, we should consider Richt as a candidate for the head coaching job at UT. He more than meets the standards set by our AD. It's a shame that he would probably never consider the opportunity.

Last edited:
...not to mention the fact that Richt has won two SEC Championships and 4 out of 7 SEC East Championships since becoming the Georgia head coach in 2001. Richt also has a 5-2 bowl record as the head coach of Georgia, including a 2-1 record in BCS bowls since 2001. How many BCS bowl games has Fulmer made since the 2001 season again? That's right. Zero. Hell, we should consider Richt as a candidate for the head coaching job at UT. He more than meets the standards set by our AD. It's a shame that he would probably never consider the opportunity.

Nice edit. The original post wasn't quite as negative as it needed to be. Good to see you haven't lost your edge.

Nice edit. The original post wasn't quite as negative as it needed to be. Good to see you haven't lost your edge.

When a simple listing of the facts appears negative to the UT football program, perhaps it's time to make a change at the top of the UT football program.

When a simple listing of the facts appears negative to the UT football program, perhaps it's time to make a change at the top of the UT football program.
I did think it was kind of funny that you used those 4 SEC East "Championships" as a positive for Richt.

We've actually "won" or tied for it the exact same number of times as Richt has since 2001 (01, tied in 03, 04 and 07) but the SEC East "Championships" really don't matter . . . unless you need them to pump up an opposing an opposing coach apparently.

Last edited:
So if Richt is so superior to Fulmer, what does it say about him since he's lost the past two to CPF by a combined 86-47?

The raise Fulmer got doesn't really bother me, since he is only the 7th highest paid coach in the SEC. The contract extension does bother me a little, but what bothers me the most is the 8 win clause. To me, 8 wins each year is not good enough. That is basically saying that Fulmer can lose 4-5 games each year and everything is good. To me, that is not good!

The raise Fulmer got doesn't really bother me, since he is only the 7th highest paid coach in the SEC. The contract extension does bother me a little, but what bothers me the most is the 8 win clause. To me, 8 wins each year is not good enough. That is basically saying that Fulmer can lose 4-5 games each year and everything is good. To me, that is not good!
That's what I was talking about, vol in ark, regarding the mediocre standards set by Hammy boy and company.

The athletic department increased football ticket prices for the upcoming season to help pay for both salary increases and the rising costs to do business in a tougher economy.

"The fans want championships, they expect championships and in essence they pay for it," Hamilton said.

Tennessee's Fulmer gets fat raise | ajc.com

It is obvious that the raise is for all of those championships he brought us the past 8 years. :confused:

I did think it was kind of funny that you used those 4 SEC East "Championships" as a positive for Richt.

When they're combined with 2 SEC Championships and 3 BCS bowl appearances in the previous 6 seasons, then they're not such a bad accomplishment.

VN Store

Back