New Pay Raise for Fulmer Announced (Merged)

What Do you think about Fulmer's raise?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
it's really not insufficient....either you win or you don't. we haven't yet.

even with a win this year, it's still difficult to say he's still not better.

the guy won a NT and an SEC title in year 2. in the toughest division in all of college football. with a bunch of freshman. he's recruiting top 3 classes with what seems no effort.

there's nothing to support that since UM has joined the SEC he's not better than CPF.

it's really not insufficient....either you win or you don't. we haven't yet.

even with a win this year, it's still difficult to say he's still not better.

the guy won a NT and an SEC title in year 2. in the toughest division in all of college football. with a bunch of freshman. he's recruiting top 3 classes with what seems no effort.

there's nothing to support that since UM has joined the SEC he's not better than CPF.

The fact that football has been played longer than 3 years is something and there's the fact that no college coach's career should be judged even before his first recruiting class has graduated. Be patient, grasshopper.:)

jake..dont take that the wrong way..Fulmer is the dean of all SEC coaches..Meyer couldn't carry his jock if he wanted..

Maybe he can't but two things are for sure:

1. Fulmer can in no way, shape or form coach with Meyer or anyone else in this league. Phil has to have vastly superior talent in order to win because he just flat out cannot 'coach up' his players or have an imaginative game plan.

2. He is the dean because the 'Good Ole' Boy Club' has kept him in power - much to the demise of the UT football program.

Check his performance against the criteria set for incentives. The incentives are correct. His performance against them has not been outstanding, but it has not been horrible either.

I'm not willing to concede that CUM is a better coach yet. If Saban was honest, he might be. Spurrier is the only guy to which I tip my hat at this stage. All else... give them more time.

In short, Fulmer is the best man for the job. There's absolutely no reason to dismantle the football program at UT. It's alive and well! Tune in this fall.

You continue to solidify your position as having the most orange tinted glasses on this board. Kudos.

If care to address it, my original question was:

"How does it make sense to pay well over market (I would assert double in this case) for the service of a head coach who hasn't met the public expectations of his boss (2 SEC championships every 10 years)?

Why should an underperformer - against very measurable criteria
(2 SEC championships every 10 years) - be paid much greater than market?"

I realize its a tough one, so I'm looking forward to what you have to say. Particularly from the MBA side of you since the contract looks so bad to me from a business perspective.

The fact that football has been played longer than 3 years is something and there's the fact that no college coach's career should be judged even before his first recruiting class has graduated. Be patient, grasshopper.:)

When he takes the SEC again this year, what will you say then?

it's been played longer than 3 years at Florida as well.

the only set of informatino we have to use though, is the 3 years UM has been in the SEC and gone head to head with us.

that set of data says he's better.

if in 20 years he's still there that story may change.

right now it is what it is.

i have no patience. and i stomp on grasshoppers.

jake..dont take that the wrong way..Fulmer is the dean of all SEC coaches..Meyer couldn't carry his jock if he wanted..
:salute: wanna trade then?:p

it's been played longer than 3 years at Florida as well.

the only set of informatino we have to use though, is the 3 years UM has been in the SEC and gone head to head with us.

that set of data says he's better.

if in 20 years he's still there that story may change.

right now it is what it is.

i have no patience. and i stomp on grasshoppers.

:salute: wanna trade then?:p

LawGator wasnt around..someone had to stir a lil with some twisted sarcasm :thumbsup:

Maybe he can't but two things are for sure:

1. Fulmer can in no way, shape or form coach with Meyer or anyone else in this league. Phil has to have vastly superior talent in order to win because he just flat out cannot 'coach up' his players or have an imaginative game plan.

2. He is the dean because the 'Good Ole' Boy Club' has kept him in power - much to the demise of the UT football program.

You have been filed in the NegaVol folder...

You have been filed in the NegaVol folder...

What are the proportions here? 10 to 1 ? 5 to 1? Wish I had a folder. You called it correctly.

It's easy to be a NegaVol here. It takes guts to drink the kool-aid.

Now, bottoms up Vol fans!

What are the proportions here? 10 to 1 ? 5 to 1? Wish I had a folder. You called it correctly.

It's easy to be a NegaVol here. It takes guts to drink the kool-aid.

Now, bottoms up Vol fans!

Jim Jones would have loved you.

Why would he turn down a raise?

Because he has done absolutely nothing for the football program over the last ten years. When I heard he was getting a raise I thought it was a joke. Now Pearl deserves a raise, because he consistently wins big games and won the SEC championship last year. But Fulmer getting a raise is laughable and asinine.:realmad:

VN Store

Back