New Uniform Pictures

History lesson,

East Tn mostly sided with the Union and tried to secede from west Tennessee over it. Before the war even started they had to bring up troops from Georgia, and Alabama to try and control east Tennessee against it's will. West tn men went to the south and joined the Confederacy, but as many in East Tn went north and joined the Union. Many who stayed here were apart of gorilla warfare efforts and burning bridges and otherwise destroying infrastructure. Look up the "Bridge Burners" sometime... Crack a history book. East TN = Appalachia = Union, West Tennessee = Plantations = Confederacy. Early on in football tradition this was part of the angst between Tennessee and Alabama, People in the 20's and 30's still knew the family stories.....it was still a apart of fighting that old war.

Truth ^

go ahead and get the same color helmet with a power T and let's play

^ This.

How about grey carbon fiber helmet with the power T?

h7.JPG

Reactions: 6 people
Oh my God. Now they're talking about if Volquest "did the right thing" on the radio.

Hillbilly backwood media BS. Unbelievable.

YOU ARE IN THE NEWS BUSINESS.

History lesson,

East Tn mostly sided with the Union and tried to secede from west Tennessee over it. Before the war even started they had to bring up troops from Georgia, and Alabama to try and control east Tennessee against it's will. West tn men went to the south and joined the Confederacy, but as many in East Tn went north and joined the Union. Many who stayed here were apart of gorilla warfare efforts and burning bridges and otherwise destroying infrastructure. Look up the "Bridge Burners" sometime... Crack a history book. East TN = Appalachia = Union, West Tennessee = Plantations = Confederacy. Early on in football tradition this was part of the angst between Tennessee and Alabama, People in the 20's and 30's still knew the family stories.....it was still a apart of fighting that old war.

Not according to "the night they drove old Dixie down"

Im glad they kept the traditional white helmets. Players tend to wear a ton of white wrist, arm, and leg bands so itll all come together perfect.

Not trying to step on toes, but weren't we the "VOLS" before we were ever the "big orange" or the "power T"? This is why I always felt like the uniform issue was always a mute point...our identity is volunteers, we are called the volunteer state, not the orange state or the power t state, so maybe we re-market the VOLS, Smokey, and the Crockett thing instead of a color or a letter.

Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: 4 people
History lesson,

So was Middle Tennessee neutral? :)

I personally love the white helmet, always thought white helmets look the best especially when there is paint from the other team on it!

Reactions: 1 person
For one game, it won't bother me too much. There's no way this new uni becomes anything worn regularly.

History lesson,

East Tn mostly sided with the Union and tried to secede from west Tennessee over it. Before the war even started they had to bring up troops from Georgia, and Alabama to try and control east Tennessee against it's will. West tn men went to the south and joined the Confederacy, but as many in East Tn went north and joined t
he Union. Many who stayed here were apart of gorilla warfare efforts and burning bridges and otherwise destroying infrastructure. Look up the "Bridge Burners" sometime... Crack a history book. East TN = Appalachia = Union, West Tennessee = Plantations = Confederacy. Early on in football tradition this was part of the angst between Tennessee and Alabama, People in the 20's and 30's still knew the family stories.....it was still a apart of fighting that old war.

This is true and evident with a little looking around. Take a ride down Chapman Highway and check out the old graveyards nearby...far more Yanks buried there than Rebels. These men (mostly young men or boys) were buried there by their loved ones. My pappaw used to take me around all these old places when I was a kid and tell me the stories of the battles waged right across the river from our beloved Neyland Stadium.

White helmet ruins it for me, which is a shame because I love the jersey and pants

VN Store

Back