New Uniform Pictures

i think it's a sharp looking uniform.

however, when i see it i don't think "tennessee".

maybe, i will over time. but, again, it's just hard to look at that uniform and think "tennessee vols"

Good. Maybe you guys will think its Ole Miss or MSU etc and we'll actually get a shot at winning. It seems like every time UF sees orange and white, they play like the freakin' Patriots. Then when you play a west division team ... ugggh. I've not researched it, but it seems that way.

Most importantly, Butch said the recruits were blowing up his phone over this. More bricks about to be added . . . .

Reactions: 1 person
Just for the traditionalist that wants the black outlined numerals on the white jerseys, they havent always had the outlines in fact. I prefer the non-outlined version. The numbers are smaller now than I ever remember, but I am psyched about these! GBO!

Just for the traditionalist that wants the black outlined numerals on the white jerseys, they havent always had the outlines in fact. I prefer the non-outlined version. The numbers are smaller now than I ever remember, but I am psyched about these! GBO!

pg2_g_shuler_400.jpg

RS1_96031.jpg

Deerpark, is this the helmet for all of the uniforms? Is the "VOLS" back in the front as opposed to the Power T under Dooley? Also, is this a matte finish? I at least do not see any of the "sparkles" that were present in 2011 or so.

Right from the UT Brand book, published by the University (note that gray is NOT the predominate color):

Attachments

• UT-Brand.png
    UT-Brand.png
    40.2 KB · Views: 28
One thing I'd like to see is the power T on the gloves. I like the "VOLS" but the T would look sweet

I have been nervous about straying from Tradition, but I think they hit a homerun. It looks great for a once per season showing and doesn't hurt my traditionalist feelings. I'm referring to the Smoky unis. All the others in that particular picture seem like something is just not right. Like they don't fit, maybe? Don't know. But, the ones we saw a couple of weeks ago I liked. Anyway, I like 'em all if we're winning!

Last edited:
White/white is sharp. Best of the group, IMO. Hoping this is our primary away uniform.

Orange/white is a classic. Clean look. I'm hoping that is our primary home uniform.

White/orange should be used sparingly. I like it, don't want it to be our signature look.

Orange/Orange is bad, IMO. Different fabrics don't match in color and they look like creamsicles.

Smokey? Well, where there is smoke, there is fire. And this definitely lit this team and the 2014 class up.

Look... I'm as tradition minded (not bound) as they come, but to see the player's reactions and smiles and hoopin and hollerin... well that right there gets me excited. It's one maybe two games right! Enjoy it!

As my son said... "Welcome to the new age..." Go Big Orange!!!!!!!

Also, note that white is NOT the predominate color either. If you're okay with white uniforms; why shouldn't you be okay with the smoke?

Fair question.

I never said I wasn't okay with the "Smokey" color at all - I'm against it as the primary color. Also, from the photos, I don't think the helmet matches that particular uni very well.

If they want to use that uniform as one-wear-per-year recruiting tool, which I still question, then why not go all the way and have a helmet that matches the rest of the uniform, too?

Lastly, if you really know UT Tradition, you know how the orange and white color scheme was originally selected . . . and, it didn't involve gray. The gray was only originally introduced to help outline the numbers and offer the graphics arts folks more of a palette to work from with marketing literature and/or printed materials (not necessarily in that order).

All in all, from the online polls, I see that my opinion is in the minority of those "tuned-in" to online polls. However, I'm not so sure those who've been following the Vols for longer than the average age of of the Volnation user are fans of the "Smokey" uni either, as I honestly believe the line between like and dislike will be strongly correlated with age.

Last edited:
I hope in the future when folks finally come around to them we can mix and match a little more such as white tops/smokey pants on the road.

Even have smokey tops/white or orange pants at home.

Don't like the uniform being messed with. When the Vols or another SEC team that I was interested in wasn't on tv I hunted for Penn State because they believed in a fundamentally sound team with plain uniforms with no names on the back. It was all about 'team' and not individual flashiness. Want good, sound fundamental football with basic uniforms not a team running around worrying about making a fashion statement.

Don't like the uniform being messed with. When the Vols or another SEC team that I was interested in wasn't on tv I hunted for Penn State because they believed in a fundamentally sound team with plain uniforms with no names on the back. It was all about 'team' and not individual flashiness. Want good, sound fundamental football with basic uniforms not a team running around worrying about making a fashion statement.

Then I suggest you become a Penn State fan. I hear they're in need of fans these days.

Reactions: 2 people
Then I suggest you become a Penn State fan. I hear they're in need of fans these days.

Yes, yes they are.. they are always looking for fans.. I just wish state college and that stadium I drive by everyday would fall inro a sink hole.. god I hate thay place

VN Store

Back