New Uniform Pictures

I think the white helmets work aesthetically and (more important) tactically......they will stand out on the field of play as opposed to black or gray helmets, making it easier for the QB to spot receivers downfield and not causing him to get used to something different.

People are unrealistic. This uniform is going to be worn once or twice and everyone seems to complain about them. IMO the uniforms are about the recruits and current players who are the lifeblood of the program. I think theyre awesome! GBO

I couldn't agree with you more! I mean its not an every game uni and honestly we need more positive headlines instead of our losing record being consistantly talked about. This sparks a new era of Tennessee football with a new, proven winner of a coach! I'll I can say is that I'm for a little change and this uni still looks classy but wicked sick at the same time! GO BIG ORANGE!!!

You know what the best thing is about not liking these? YOU DON'T HAVE TO WEAR THEM.

However, I think they're "sick." So does our #1 recruiting class. GBO

Reactions: 1 person
Found this post in an old uniform thread. Congrats to griffdog14 for this prediction 4 months ago!

griffdog14 said:
i think ut needs to add more of that dark, slate grey. looks good with orange. I love what alabama does with their grey undershirts, and they would go really well with the orange.
I'm sure everyone is going to get enraged at the thought of being like alabama, but come on.

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-football/38334-vol-uniform-helmet-design-discussion-merged-794.html#post8381973

<-------
<-------
As you can see from the avatar that I've used since '09, I was down with the orange and gray before being down with the orange and gray was cool...just sayin... :p
<-------
<-------

Love them!

But the helmet doesn't match.

Love the gloves and the shoes!

Gray helmet with orange power T and they would look perfect.:yes:

Last edited:
adidasTenneseeTECHFIT_Gloves_crop_exact.jpg

You can see the checkerboard pattern in the numbers in this picture

Reactions: 2 people
I'm a traditionalist and I like them. For those who keep saying "they're okay, but if only they had ______ "... please just give it a rest. A lot of fans have wanted a new uniform for the past few years, so now that we have them it would be nice to just appreciate what we have! If they're not perfect, most likely modifications will come in the future.

Also... nice touch on the gloves.

Gloves.jpg

Barf! As my uncle would say;

"You need tow sets of these jerseys; one to sheet on and one to cover them up with!"

I love the other four but the smokey uniform looks like ass. Horrible. Thank God they're only wearing that crap in Eugene.

grey matted helmet would make this uni BAD ASS...otherwise it is still awesome

That is all I have to say too. It just would have looked great. But, it seriously may have killed some old guy with heart failure or something. :unsure:

VN Store

Back