New Uniform Pictures

I really like the state patch on the back above the name. Anybody else feel like it's a minor shot at Vandy? This is OUR state!

I love the "active camo" or whatever its called in the stitching....These are sweet and a definite upgrade. Old School meets New School!

I guess I'll chime in on the usual year to year pants argument. Give me the orange pants. I can't stand seeing us in all white. We're the big orange. I want to see as much orange on our uniform as possible and the orange pants look superb. I love the orange on white look at home and the white on orange look on the road.

As far as this year's uniform, all I can say is well done Butch! :thumbsup:

Reactions: 7 people
Here is a quick mock up I made of what the home jersey might look like if they had outlined the player's last name with the state. It's crude but it gives you an idea.

Attachments

• g458.jpg
    g458.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: 5 people
I like the new jerseys. They retain the overall traditional look while using modern materials and some spiffy textures and extra touches. :thumbsup:

Now, where is the tearaway version?? :) I loved seeing VOLS like Conredge Holloway and Stanley Morgan leaving DBs with nothing but a handful of jersey.

Reactions: 1 person
attachment.php

Not bad. Good work

Thanks! At least you would be able to see it on TV. Don't get me wrong, I like the state patch on the back but unless you're on the field or the cameras do an extreme close up shot, no one is ever going to notice it.

Another cool idea would be to have the state patch be like the locker room slap sign and it say "I Will Give My All For Tennesee Today" inside of it.

Last edited:
Here is a quick mock up I made of what the home jersey might look like if they had outlined the player's last name with the state. It's crude but it gives you an idea.

I do like that look in THAT example, however, it wouldn't look right or work with a name like "reeves-maybin" or especially long names. They would either have to shrink the font or have the state so large it extended past the sides. It wouldn't be consistent and would look odd.

I do like that look in THAT example, however, it wouldn't look right or work with a name like "reeves-maybin" or especially long names. They would either have to shrink the font or have the state so large it extended past the sides. It wouldn't be consistent and would look odd.

Not only that but the symbolism is terrible. It says that the player IS Tennessee when you put their name in the state outline. Plus its just reeeeally a horrible idea visually. With a small TN above the name, it communicates many things, including that no player is above Tennessee; that they are playing for both a school and a whole state.

Reactions: 2 people
Ya well, they need to put the uni on a better male sports manikin. Those man boobs stickin out of skinny shoulders an weird twisty muscles make it too hilarious to look at for too long. Can't take it serious.

Not only that but the symbolism is terrible. It says that the player IS Tennessee when you put their name in the state outline. Plus its just reeeeally a horrible idea visually. With a small TN above the name, it communicates many things, including that no player is above Tennessee; that they are playing for both a school and a whole state.

Meh, that's a bit of a reach IMO. I don't that's the symbolism at all. I just think it symbolizes the state of Tennessee and that particular player represents it.

How about we get off topic for a little bit and give our unis a rest, what do you guys think, who has the best and worst college football unis?

I wish the players could choose cleat color on an individual basis. That used to be the case. I wager that many/most players would choose to wear black.

No way, everyone should be wearing the same cleats

Last edited:
How about we get off topic for a little bit and give our unis a rest, what do you guys think, who has the best and worst college football unis?

I have always liked FSU's uniforms, great color scheme and great helmet design. Arkansas' Uniforms are some of the ugliest to me, especially the ones they wore last year.

I wish the players could choose cleat color on an individual basis. That used to be the case. I wager that many/most players would choose to wear black.

Absolutely not. If everyone wears their own individual cleat, that would be hideous. Whether its black or white, they need one cleat that the whole team wears.

I have always liked FSU's uniforms, great color scheme and great helmet design. Arkansas' Uniforms are some of the ugliest to me, especially the ones they wore last year.

Yeah, I like Florida State's as well, I love the spear on the helmets. I actually live in Arkansas, and believe me i'm right there with you, that fade into silver on the numbers is terrible. I think Maryland and Kentucky are pretty awful as well.

My favorites (besides Tennessee)...

Michigan
Iowa
UCLA
Penn State
Florida State
Clemson
Kansas State

Least favorites/Ugliest

Virginia Tech
Oregon
Ole Miss