New Uniform Pictures

DCVol is going to be surprised when these uniforms hit the sunlight. It is the same color.

No matter how the sun hit those jerseys last year, it resembled my dog's self blended grass smoothies.
..if that was our official color...change it!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 1 person
One thing that stands out for me is that patch of the State of Tennessee. Very Cool. It reminds each player to give his all for Tennessee, the Patch, the Team and not for me, on game days on every play. Fresh.

I still like the Husker's Black unis bestest. I wish we could do something in Black. Black is the new White. It could be cool at night. I'll be patient but its gonna happen.

Last edited:
a1l.PNG

175e.png

g458.png

They look great. Best version in the last few years. I think the state outline could be a little bigger.

2 questions about that first pic:

1. What the heck happened to his left arm? His triceps are in the front.

2. Why the boobs with nipples showing?

What are the "tiger stripes" that have been spoken of?

Nice color, not a huge fan of the checkerboard sleeves.

I wouldn't exactly call them "tiger stripes," but look at the upper back panel of the Kerbyson jersey. The faint pattern reminds me a bit more of the configuration of barbed wire or an EKG signal.

Reactions: 2 people

very nice.they hold on to tradition and they add something new.this should satisfy the traditionalist.plus,it gives a little to the people asking for something different.

now,bring on the away uniforms.

:rock:

very nice.they hold on to tradition and they add something new.this should satisfy the traditionalist.plus,it gives a little to the people asking for something different.

now,bring on the away uniforms.

:rock:

Agreed! Plus I am really digging that new font for the numbers! I think it fits really well with our unis and maybe it's just me but the numbers look bigger, which is something I've wanted to see on our jerseys for a while now! GBO!! :clapping:

Last edited:
g458.png

One thing I noticed I really like is the thin black outline that borders the state. Really makes it pop!

Would be interesting to see what the names and numbers would look like if they used black thread to sew them on instead of white. It would be just enough to really make them standout.

Does that include the away unis? 2011 looks lighter than 2010.

View attachment 64640

View attachment 64641

Yep, all about the lighting.

They made a slight adjustment in the TechFit material after the 2010 season because it appeared so flat that the colors (for all teams) looked washed out under lights on night games. But sitting next to each other, you wouldn't be able to tell a difference.

Yep, all about the lighting.

They made a slight adjustment in the TechFit material after the 2010 season because it appeared so flat that the colors (for all teams) looked washed out under lights on night games. But sitting next to each other, you wouldn't be able to tell a difference.

I'm amazed that you don't have a paragraph that you just copy and paste every time someone talks about how the color was wrong at some time

Reactions: 5 people
2001%20Bama%20Stephens.jpg

We need to go back to this design. Big numbers black outline and black name on the back for aways. Also white pants no stripe but with a power T on the front, and just drop the orange pants completely. If we could go back to our late 90s early 2000s uniform design but with matte white helmets I would be extremely pleased.

We need to go back to this design. Big numbers black outline and black name on the back for aways. Also white pants no stripe but with a power T on the front, and just drop the orange pants completely. If we could go back to our late 90s early 2000s uniform design but with matte white helmets I would be extremely pleased.

Im with you 100% on the pants

Reactions: 3 people

When you have a trademark like Tennessee Orange you use as much of it as possible. Majors brought the orange pants and white shoes in when he came back in 1977. It was a fantastic move to what was a very average road uniform. We need more orange and less black.

UT never had a great road uniform before Majors because previously to 1971 we, unlike any other program in college football, very rarely wore anything other than orange jerseys both at home and on the road.

Fulmer did not like the orange pants.

Reactions: 3 people

i think the white jersey and orange pants is the best looking jersey in football

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back