New York City

I’ve seen some pretty aggressive stuff on those subways. The thing I find interesting is that there were several people holding down the man who died. Not just the marine. That seems to imply that everyone there thought the threat was real.

We will see…I guess

Did the homeless man have a weapon? I haven't followed this story closely, but the answer is no, correct? If several people were holding the man down, there was certainly no need to keep him in a choke hold, which will obviously kill somebody. There is using /reasonable force/ to subdue an individual who is acting in a threatening manner and then there is excessive force. This seems a case of excessive force, mitigated by the fact the Marine was acting to subdue a perceived threat. Did the deceased actually harm anybody on the train? I think the answer is no. You can't kill somebody because of what he might do. It's a tough case--a good Samaritan who went too far--and I think witness statements will be key in determining whether any charges are filed. It may be hard not to charge the Marine with something given that the medical examiner has ruled the death a homicide.

Reactions: NashVol11
Did the homeless man have a weapon? I haven't followed this story closely, but the answer is no, correct? If several people were holding the man down, there was certainly no need to keep him in a choke hold, which will obviously kill somebody. There is using /reasonable force/ to subdue an individual who is acting in a threatening manner and then there is excessive force. This seems a case of excessive force, mitigated by the fact the Marine was acting to subdue a perceived threat. Did the deceased actually harm anybody on the train? I think the answer is no. You can't kill somebody because of what he might do. It's a tough case--a good Samaritan who went too far--and I think witness statements will be key in determining whether any charges are filed. It may be hard not to charge the Marine with something given that the medical examiner has ruled the death a homicide.

Did the guy who supposedly killed him have a weapon? Obviously it wouldn't appear to require a weapon to kill another person.

My current theory is to do all I can to ever avoid setting foot in one of the deep blue leftist hellholes known as America’s big cities. The odds are heavily stacked against you. First there is the danger from crime itself (plus disease from the feces and needle infested sidewalks of some cities). Then the fact that you are prohibited from carrying the means to defend yourself from career criminals who have been released dozens of times already. Third, if you DO take steps to defend yourself, YOU will be the one prosecuted, especially if the right cry baby camp starts “peacefully protesting”. Unless your job requires it; just don’t physically go there. Definitely don’t invest or spend your hard earned dollars there. The voters have chosen the ninth circle of Hell of their own volition. Leave them to it
I have an LA layover later this evening. I won't spend one red cent in that place. I'm taking my own food with me.

Reactions: OrangeBoro and AM64
A guy threatening them who has a past history of violence. If he were just yelling for no reason and at no one in particular multiple people would not have called 911 to report the incident prior to the marine getting involved.

Lol at the “had no idea how to apply”. “Where’s your community college certificate in chokeholds! You can’t do that!”. And let’s not pretend that part even matters. If he shows you proof of training from his military experience in hand to hand combat which covers chokeholds, you’re not going to say “well, he was certified!”. So why even bring up something so stupid?

I’ve seen the 15 minute claim from the media but idk of anything that backs up that claim. Can you?

Obviously you brought race up. People are murdered every day. The fact that you decided to speak out against this specific example implies your motivations are racial.

I have to admit you are pile driving @NashVol11.

I chuckle at rubes who constantly try to run down cities while they live in one-horse towns that have absolutely ZERO going for them--except
for tractor races and shooting tin cans off of fence posts. Whoopee! "Having a blast, ma, in nowheresville!"

I chuckle at rubes who constantly try to run down cities while they live in one-horse towns that have absolutely ZERO going for them--except
for tractor races and shooting tin cans off of fence posts. Whoopee! "Having a blast, ma, in nowheresville!"

Could be we'd rather see the land than the air. Could even be that we prefer seeing animals, birds, bees, and flowers in our own yards than viewing them with hundreds of others in parks or the ones penned up in the rest of the zoo. I prefer the critters like racoons, possums, ground hogs, dogs, and cats roaming in my yard better than the rats in yours.

DSC_0014s.JPG

Child Killer And Rapist who was FREED on Parole in New York is now back behind bars after he Sexually Assaulted an Elderly Woman and Slashed Another with a Knife Within Weeks of Each Other

An ex-con who raped and murdered a 10-year-old Queens girl is back in prison after he sexually assaulted multiple elderly women while out on parole.

Charles Rowe, 56, was able to take advantage of Kathy Hochul's 'Less is More' act, which makes it easier to stay out of prison, even after he was hit with a felony for an auto theft in December, according to the New York Post.

The repeat offender was allowed to remain on the streets is now being charged with another rape and sexual assault.

Child killer and rapist who was freed now back behind bars after he sexually assaulted elderly woman | Daily Mail Online

EXCLUSIVE: Jordan Neely's Uncle who called for no plea deal for Daniel Penny over subway chokehold death is ARRESTED in NYC 'after being caught with Knife and Several Stolen Credit Cards'

Jordan Neely's uncle fled police and then was arrested Monday after being caught with several allegedly stolen credit cards, a day after he urged no plea deal for the ex-Marine accused of placing his nephew in a fatal chokehold, DailyMail.com can exclusively reveal.

Christopher Neely was arrested late Monday night after running away from a police pickpocket team that confronted him at the Port Authority bus terminal in Manhattan, police sources said.

He was wanted for a string of larcenies in Manhattan when he was approached. After police caught up with him, Neely was found with several credit and debit cards baring other people's names, including at least one that was reportedly stolen during a prior pickpocket. He was also carrying a gravity knife, sources said.

71315685-12115667-Christopher_Neely_44_was_arrested_late_Monday_night_after_runnin-a-53_1684858615004.jpg

Christopher Neely, 44, was arrested late Monday night after running away from a police pickpocket team that confronted him at the Port Authority bus terminal in Manhattan, police sources said

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...alled-no-plea-deal-Daniel-Penny-ARRESTED.html

The Marine is a hero and we are better off today because of his actions

There's a lot to be said for city life if it's in a decent city, just as there's a lot to be said for small town life if it's in a decent town.
There's very little to be said for pompous nitwits who think they're elite because of where they're from or where they live.

VN Store

Back