New York City

No one said it was the #1 thing NYC is known for, but I would argue with a strawman too if I claimed to live in NYC and didn’t know a basic thing everyone here knows
You said it’s was known for good water.
It was a stupid thing to say.
Absolutely nobody thinks “hey, the water is awesome in New York City “

You said it’s was known for good water.
It was a stupid thing to say.
Absolutely nobody thinks “hey, the water is awesome in New York City “
It is. Everyone who lives there and plenty of people who don’t know that NYC has good tap water, other than you apparently; that doesn’t mean I’m saying the water is more famous than the Statue of Liberty, galaxy brain. You’re overreacting because you don’t read good

Last edited:
It is. Everyone who lives there and plenty of people who don’t know that NYC has good tap water, other than you apparently; that doesn’t mean I’m saying the water is more famous than the Statue of Liberty, galaxy brain. You’re overreacting because you don’t read good
Yes, but have you had the water?
I was in Italy not long ago and told someone I used to live in New York and they were so jealous.
They told me going there to have the water was on their bucket list.

Everyone knows!!

I was in Italy not long ago and told someone I used to live in New York and they were so jealous.

Everyone knows!!
To be fair, this would not be the first time this kind of phenomenon has occurred.

In speaking with the media legendary golfer Shooter McGavin stated:
“I tell you, the real winner today is the city of Portland. Every time I come here it gets hard to leave. I bet you put something to the water.”

This is plausible evidence that there is a relationship between water quality and a desire to stay in a particular area of the world.

Video evidence!

Last edited:

Everyone knows!!
Most people who know anything about NYC pizza and/or bagels know that and plenty of others in addition, idk if I would be bragging that I just found that out but here you are

Most people who know anything about NYC pizza and/or bagels know that and plenty of others in addition, idk if I would be bragging that I just found that out but here you are
So my curiosity kept me looking and I think I found what is really going on between water "quality" and the pizza/bagel dough issue. NYC doesn't actually score particularly high on the previously cited water quality lists but it is very "soft" water which apparently has an effect with the gluten in dough making. Here's the whole breakdown.

It's a thing

Reactions: NashVol11
It's a thing

Water from New York was all they talked about when we were in Europe. That’s what NYC “is known” for.

Reactions: jp1 and InVOLuntary
Water from New York was all they talked about when we were in Europe. That’s what NYC “is known” for.
NYC is known for having good cheesecake and that doesn’t mean cheesecake is a top-5 attraction in the city or that people in Europe would ask you about it, please tell me you are smarter than this

So my curiosity kept me looking and I think I found what is really going on between water "quality" and the pizza/bagel dough issue. NYC doesn't actually score particularly high on the previously cited water quality lists but it is very "soft" water which apparently has an effect with the gluten in dough making. Here's the whole breakdown.

The place we go out in north port has possibly the best bagels on the planet. They have their own filtration system where they basically make sure the water has the qualities they’re looking for. It turns out that water, like any other ingredient, has different properties. And just because it’s filtered doesn’t mean it is optimal for what you are making.

Beer guys can explain that in great detail.
I’m sure NYC has figured out how to filter the water differently for each client. It is what they’re known for.

But I digress

NYC is known for having good cheesecake and that doesn’t mean cheesecake is a top-5 attraction in the city or that people in Europe would ask you about it, please tell me you are smarter than this

If you wanted to say they’ve improved their water system, then that would be a fair statement.
And that’s how you should have refuted the other posters statement.

Quick question. Who did NYC turn to for help with their water infrastructure problem? Can you answer without googling it? Are those people “known” for their water?

Again if you ask 1000 people what NYC is known for it ain’t the water. It was a Fing stupid thing to say.

Sure it’s a crime ridden shithole that doesn’t want to be a sanctuary city anymore but man have you had the water?

Reactions: VOLS INC.
If you wanted to say they’ve improved their water system, then that would be a fair statement.
And that’s how you should have refuted the other posters statement.

Quick question. Who did NYC turn to for help with their water infrastructure problem? Can you answer without googling it? Are those people “known” for their water?

Again if you ask 1000 people what NYC is known for it ain’t the water. It was a Fing stupid thing to say.

Sure it’s a crime ridden shithole that doesn’t want to be a sanctuary city anymore but man have you had the water?

This is all because you don’t understand what “known for” means, even after being given a very basic cheesecake example, and are trying and failing to be the grammar police when you’re wrong lmao. Quit while you are behind

To be fair, this would not be the first time this kind of phenomenon has occurred.

In speaking with the media legendary golfer Shooter McGavin stated:
“I tell you, the real winner today is the city of Portland. Every time I come here it gets hard to leave. I bet you put something to the water.”

This is plausible evidence that there is a relationship between water quality and a desire to stay in a particular area of the world.

Video evidence!

Meant to respond to this earlier.
When we go out to Oregon fly fishing, the taste of the mountain water has been a conversation. Whatever minerals that occur there makes their water taste good.

All this is because you are a tribal hack who said something stupid.
I will say this one more time using words you can hopefully understand: a city can be known for having good cheesecake, or good bagels, or good water without it being “the first thing 1000 people would say about the city”. You are wrong and are too dumb to understand that you are wrong lol

It's a thing

A shame that Biden wants to close pizzerias.

Last edited:
NYC is a crime ridden Shithole and we don’t want to be a sanctuary city anymore, people are leaving in droves but we have pretty good water.
Fyp.
I understand fully why you keep wanting to talk about water.
I wonder how long I can keep this going?

Saying the city has good tap water isn’t even partisan, you just didn’t know about it and couldn’t comprehend what you read lol
Hold on, how did you go from among the best in the country and being known for it to “good tap water “?

Are you unable to comprehend what you post, or do you just forget what you said?

I do love how you’ve moved the goalposts all over the place to try and justify the moronic claims

Hold on, how did you go from among the best in the country and being known for it to “good tap water “?

Are you unable to comprehend what you post, or do you just forget what you said?

I do love how you’ve moved the goalposts all over the place to try and justify the moronic claims
That’s not moving anything lol, another poster showed you how other cities in the country import NYC water for their pizza dough too and you’re still here trying to show off what kindergarten reading comprehension looks like

That’s not moving anything lol, another poster showed you how other cities in the country import NYC water for their pizza dough too and you’re still here trying to show off what kindergarten reading comprehension looks like
Yes you said something really stupid and had to bring up everything you can think of to cover for the stupidity and now you can’t let it go. You’ve even backed off now to the water just being good.
if you’re water is so impressive then why are y’all not in the top 10?
Memphis Tennessee is clearly the best at water.

VN Store

Back