New York City

Moron comes to our country & commits crimes against the citizens of NYC. SMH.
He'll probably vote democrat bc of the easy get out of jail laws the loons have there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zues1
I just spent a week in NYC after living/working there in the recent past for 21 years. It's fine. Rubes love hyping every urban problem--makes them
feel better about living in a trailer in bumf--k America, where there is absolutely NOTHING to do.

People freaking out about NYC in this thread are incredibly soft and mostly haven’t been there

Reactions: berryvol
I’m sure victims of all the random attacks and massive uptick in violent crime feel just like some clown on a Tennessee message board.

59th among major American cities in violent crime rate, behind terrifying places like Lincoln, Nebraska and St. Paul, Minnesota, yet there's a whole thread of people scared to walk down an NYC street

kobe-soft.gif

To make sh**holes like NYC seem safer than they are.
Let's say a violent criminal breaks into a house with 3 people in it, so there's 1 violent criminal out of 4 people total. Elsewhere in the state, there's a city of 1 million people with 2 violent criminals in it. If you think with a straight face that the city is "more dangerous" then NY Post has turned your brain to mush

To make sh**holes like NYC seem safer than they are.
It’s like people who have pets that piss all over the house. They are nose blind to it. They live in it and can’t smell it. Everyone else can though.

I’ve lived there. My family has all moved out onto the island to get away from it. I was there in July. It’s a crime ridden shithole now compared to what it once was. You’re not going to convince the nose blind that their house stinks.
But it definitely stinks

It’s like people who have pets that piss all over the house. They are nose blind to it. They live in it and can’t smell it. Everyone else can though.

I’ve lived there. My family has all moved out onto the island to get away from it. I was there in July. It’s a crime ridden shithole now compared to what it once was. You’re not going to convince the nose blind that their house stinks.
But it definitely stinks
That's stupid, someone that lives there definitely has a better idea of how dangerous it is on a day-to-day basis than someone like you who spends 3 days a year in Midtown or whatever. And if you lived there in the 80s-90s like my parents did then you definitely wouldn't freaking out about how dangerous 2023 NYC is

That's stupid, someone that lives there definitely has a better idea of how dangerous it is on a day-to-day basis than someone like you who spends 3 days a year in Midtown or whatever. And if you lived there in the 80s-90s like my parents did then you definitely wouldn't freaking out about how dangerous 2023 NYC is
^^^^^
Nose blind

But it definitely stinks
Kind of like someone comes to your house and says ‘oh, you have a cat’ 😂 and the cat is hiding.. but you think it smells great…. wait 😂

NYC definitely has some issues, but it seems a bit over blown to me. Me and the wife have certain people in the family that freak out telling us to keep our heads on a swivel, don’t ride the subway, it’s so dangerous there, etc..
But in our experience, it’s been perfectly pleasant as far as safety goes. We stay in lower manhattan in the World Trade Center area mostly. Also spend a lot of time in dumbo/Brooklyn. We use the subways as much as we can. We haven’t had any issues. To be honest, we feel safer in Manhattan than we do in Nashville. Also find the homeless people in Nashville far more aggressive. We tell our family members this stuff, but they still tell us how over run the streets of manhattan are with homeless and criminals, subways are a death trap, even though they’ve never stepped foot in manhattan lol… just repeating the narrative portrayed on tv. But that’s just our experience. We just go on visits, certainly not claiming to know more than people who live there/have lived there. I know there’s definitely issues, just think it’s over played by some.

NYC definitely has some issues, but it seems a bit over blown to me. Me and the wife have certain people in the family that freak out telling us to keep our heads on a swivel, don’t ride the subway, it’s so dangerous there, etc..
But in our experience, it’s been perfectly pleasant as far as safety goes. We stay in lower manhattan in the World Trade Center area mostly. Also spend a lot of time in dumbo/Brooklyn. We use the subways as much as we can. We haven’t had any issues. To be honest, we feel safer in Manhattan than we do in Nashville. Also find the homeless people in Nashville far more aggressive. We tell our family members this stuff, but they still tell us how over run the streets of manhattan are with homeless and criminals, subways are a death trap, even though they’ve never stepped foot in manhattan lol… just repeating the narrative portrayed on tv. But that’s just our experience. We just go on visits, certainly not claiming to know more than people who live there/have lived there. I know there’s definitely issues, just think it’s over played by some.
Bolded part is this entire thread lol

Fire chief who was first to respond to 9/11 attacks to testify at homeland security field hearing​

EXCLUSIVE — The first fire chief to respond to the scene of the 9/11 terrorist attacks in New York will be among the slate of witnesses to appear at a field hearing next week to examine evolving homeland security threats, according to a list of confirmed witnesses shared with the Washington Examiner.

Rep. Anthony D’Esposito (R-NY), who chairs the House Subcommittee on Emergency Management and Technology, is set to lead the hearing on Tuesday, one day after the anniversary of the 2001 terrorist attacks. The New York Republican will be joined by five witnesses, including Fire Department of the City of New York First Deputy Commissioner Joseph Pfiefer, who was the first fire official to respond to the attacks over two decades ago.

The field hearing is set to examine the evolving threat landscape the country continues to face since the 9/11 attacks, which has been recorded as the deadliest incident for firefighters and law enforcement personnel in U.S. history. Members will convene at the site of the 9/11 Memorial Museum to commemorate the anniversary.

The city's Department of Transportation selected 15 sidewalk locations for the one-year pilot. The selection process considered theft data, available space, and population density. Each locker features LED lighting, security cameras, and other mechanisms for safe deliveries. Package recipients receive access codes from participating carriers. Local officials approved the pilot as it faces an estimated 90,000 lost or stolen packages daily.

The city's Department of Transportation selected 15 sidewalk locations for the one-year pilot. The selection process considered theft data, available space, and population density. Each locker features LED lighting, security cameras, and other mechanisms for safe deliveries. Package recipients receive access codes from participating carriers. Local officials approved the pilot as it faces an estimated 90,000 lost or stolen packages daily.

3rd world

Biden Border Policy pitting him against NYC could alter Local Elections​

New York City officials are slamming President Joe Biden for his handling of the migrant crisis, which has swarmed the city and could have drastic effects on local elections.

Local leaders claimed there were three people responsible for the influx of more than 100,000 immigrants since last spring; Democratic New York City Mayor Eric Adams, Gov. Kathy Hochul (D-NY), and the president.

The criticism comes as the mayor attempts to secure work permits for adult immigrants, which would consequently give them the power to work for local businesses that would help take some of the burden off the city and allow them to vote in city elections.

1694733175817.png

VN Store

Back