NFL Game Thread

Jets suck
giphy.gif

Reactions: 1 person
Them and the Steelers are the only team in the west that I can see possibly beating the Pats.

The Chiefs and Steelers both have a decent chance to beat New England, though it is hard to bet against Brady and Belicheck. Oakland has no chance now that they have lost Carr.

The Chiefs and Steelers both have a decent chance to beat New England, though it is hard to bet against Brady and Belicheck. Oakland has no chance now that they have lost Carr.

I think the Steelers are the only real threat. Oakland would have been my second choice behind the Steelers if Carr doesn't go down. I don't think the Chiefs have the offense to beat NE.

Reactions: 1 person
I think the Steelers are the only real threat. Oakland would have been my second choice behind the Steelers if Carr doesn't go down. I don't think the Chiefs have the offense to beat NE.

Agreed. I think Pats-Steelers for the AFC Championship is almost a foregone conclusion. But I actually think the Steelers win

Tom Brady is hard enough, but they are first in defense this year, and even though that may be the benefit of an easy schedule, they still have a top 5 defense. I actually think there are more teams in the NFC that could have given the pats trouble.

Tom Brady is hard enough, but they are first in defense this year, and even though that may be the benefit of an easy schedule, they still have a top 5 defense. I actually think there are more teams in the NFC that could have given the pats trouble.

They may be first in yards or something, but in DVOA their defense is 19th, and 5th of the 6 AFC playoff teams. It's actually part of why I think they'll lose to Pittsburgh.

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | 2016 DEFENSE EFFICIENCY RATINGS

Oh, first in points against. That is somewhat meaningful to me, but I still don't think of them as a dominant shutdown defense. They're beatable IMO

They may be first in yards or something, but in DVOA their defense is 19th, and 5th of the 6 AFC playoff teams. It's actually part of why I think they'll lose to Pittsburgh.

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | 2016 DEFENSE EFFICIENCY RATINGS

Their defense is still solid. Between all the teams with a great quarterback this year, I would say Brady has the best defense to complement him, making the Patriots the most complete team.

VN Store

Back