Nico’s eligibility?

Dude will you please stop with this dumb stuff. You are so negative it’s sickening. You are the only one who thinks any of this and you are completely wrong. Why are you doing this? Do you just want us to get hammered?
I’m not the only one who fears the worst here, none of us know what will happen from this, Somebody is trying to make a example out of us and take us down they see that we are a program on the rise and a threat to them with a generational QB in Nico. I think we all know who that someone is too. If nothing else this whole situation will negatively affect recruiting and the timing of it is very suspicious.

I have a side question about Nico and the rumored $2 million ( some say $8 million ) NIL contract he signed. Does this money require him to promote a product and if so what does he promote ?

We’ll receive punishment, he’ll probably have to pay some money, but I don’t think he would be ruled ineligible. Although it’s the NCAA, they do some really stupid stuff sometimes.
pay money back for what ? It was a private jet -- and who was the rat ?

why couldn't you call a private business a "booster" when the private business is made up of "boosters" and functions as what it is, a booster group.

If the university has no control over Spyre, then who does?

Dear NCAA: Please let the rich old boosters who clearly have too little going on in their lives, and who clearly pay way too much attention to the outcomes of college football games, have their fun.
Universities cannot control private businesses

UT would not buck the NCAA without SEC approval. We’ll fight this, and try to limit the damage, but unless we have other schools willing to join us in thumbing our nose at the NCAA, we won’t.

There will be other schools, bet the house on that. NCAA has a list FSU, UF, Vols, AtM, any other school with a collective.

I’m not the only one who fears the worst here, none of us know what will happen from this, Somebody is trying to make a example out of us and take us down they see that we are a program on the rise and a threat to them with a generational QB in Nico. I think we all know who that someone is too. If nothing else this whole situation will negatively affect recruiting and the timing of it is very suspicious.

Don’t be scared. You really think the NCAA would win in court?

There has been a large contingent around saying "tell the NCAA to ki$$ our a$$, and dare them to do something". Well, it's happened. And this is what it feels like.
I wish this were happening, but I was hopeful it would be some besides us going along w UVA. 🤷

There has been a large contingent around saying "tell the NCAA to ki$$ our a$$, and dare them to do something". Well, it's happened. And this is what it feels like.
I wish this were happening, but I was hopeful it would be some besides us going along w UVA. 🤷
The NCAA still has alot more power to wield around than people think and that makes me wary. Some people on here are laughing this off like nothing is gonna happen the facts are they don’t know right now, nobody knows. I do know that the NCAA is desperate to send a message to someone and make a example of and no it will won’t ever be Georgia or Bama both who were paying players long before the NIL and plus those teams are money making premier programs right now. The same could be said for Michigan and their stealing signs scandal. We just got done with the whole Pruitt fiasco so we are unfortunately a target for them and a convenient whipping boy.

I think this will take years. I also believe any attempt by the NCAA to deal punishment (of any kind) beforehand, will be met with a restraining order.

Nico should file a suit in California and in Tennessee. This guy has a contract for employment with a private corporation. It's not even fair to call it gray area in the cluster **** college football is right now with how all parties should navigate if there are no concrete rules.

If folks are saying you have to opporate under the old rules when all of this was "illegal", those old rules were invalidated by the Supreme Court's ruling on NIL. The old rules violate constitutional rights......
He does not have a contract for employment - he’s not an employee of the corporation. He has a contract as an independent contractor to endorse their product.

Who is that someone? AP, Hubbs and even Jimmy Hyams have said it won’t hurt us in recruiting. Like I said, what have you been reading that is different from what the rest of us has? Yes we do know what’s going to happen.

Nico could be ruled ineligible and he’d still be QB1. If CJH trots him out, what’s gonna happen? NCAA gonna demand a forfeit and not allow the game to be played? ESPN now joins the lawsuit. Tennessee is going to remove the NCAA’s remaining teeth

I’m just the messenger here but I was listening to sports talk radio in the outter Atlanta suburbs this afternoon (mostly UGA fans), and they were saying that Nico likely loses a year of eligibility, if not being declared ineligible for his entire college career. They also think Heupel will be forced out and receive a show cause penalty over this. They said this is a much bigger deal than what happened under Pruitt and AD Fulmer’s watch. They don’t think Danny White is safe either. Finally, they said Spyre will likely be shut down and our players won’t be able to receive any NIL deals for years. They did agree we were being treated very unfairly but said the NCAA is out to make an example of certain teams, and our only chance is likely through the court system.

I’m just the messenger here but I was listening to sports talk radio in the outter Atlanta suburbs this afternoon (mostly UGA fans), and they were saying that Nico likely loses a year of eligibility, if not being declared ineligible for his entire college career. They also think Heupel will be forced out and receive a show cause penalty over this. They said this is a much bigger deal than what happened under Pruitt and AD Fulmer’s watch. They don’t think Danny White is safe either. Finally, they said Spyre will likely be shut down and our players won’t be able to receive any NIL deals for years. They did agree we were being treated very unfairly but said the NCAA is out to make an example of certain teams, and our only chance is likely through the court system.
Atlanta sports talk radio would not have a clue about our situation 🤣

Reactions: Jimmy Football
Now that is wishful thinking.

Nico could be ruled ineligible and he’d still be QB1. If CJH trots him out, what’s gonna happen? NCAA gonna demand a forfeit and not allow the game to be played? ESPN now joins the lawsuit. Tennessee is going to remove the NCAA’s remaining teeth
Tennessee will not accept ineligibility of any player under any circumstances. They also will not accept any post season ban. They'll go to the SCOTUS with the state against the NCAA if necessary.

Nico would file for a injuction to prevent him from being penalized. Seriously, is a hs junior supposed to ask who owns a plane before he takes a ride?

I predict this will be settled later after everyone calms down. First, lawsuits get old real quick. 2nd, NCAA has their entire future at risk if they lose with very little to gain if they win. They cannot afford for every school and state to drag them thru the court system

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL

VN Store

Back