Nico to start the bowl game? Confirmed

God i'll be glad when this crap is over with....People with rumors of him starting...Just let Joe have his time..Poor Nico is going to have the whole world on his shoulders and when he makes ONE mistake the entire VOLnation is going to be in attack mode.

God i'll be glad when this crap is over with....People with rumors of him starting...Just let Joe have his time..Poor Nico is going to have the whole world on his shoulders and when he makes ONE mistake the entire VOLnation is going to be in attack mode.
Better to make mistakes in a meaningless bowl game than against your first taste of real competition during the 2024 regular season, but I digress...

Reactions: MountainDooley
Better to make mistakes in a meaningless bowl game than against your first taste of real competition during the 2024 regular season, but I digress...
Nico's "first taste of real competition in 2024" will be against that mighty Southern Conference juggernaut UTC, which might or might not be as challenging as the Orange and White game. Alabama hung 66 on UTC without breaking a sweat.

While he'll likely get some action against Iowa and he'll likely make some mistakes, he can warm up on UTC easily, if Joe plays the whole game.

Nico's "first taste of real competition in 2024" will be against that mighty Southern Conference juggernaut UTC, which might or might not be as challenging as the Orange and White game. Alabama hung 66 on UTC without breaking a sweat.

While he'll likely get some action against Iowa and he'll likely make some mistakes, he can warm up on UTC easily, if Joe plays the whole game.
If you took me meaning UTC as real competition, you shouldn’t be commenting on threads. I realize Joe is going to play if he’s there, it’s just not productive at all for your 2024 season. Hope to see you all in Orlando for this HUGE game!

Reactions: MountainDooley
If you took me meaning UTC as real competition, you shouldn’t be commenting on threads. I realize Joe is going to play if he’s there, it’s just not productive at all for your 2024 season. Hope to see you all in Orlando for this HUGE game!
I'm 100% certain Josh Heupel is willing to take all of your criticism for his abhorrent decision to play Joe Milton more than Nico in the Citrus Bowl.

Thank you so much for your coaching and team development insight, Coach, and for favoring us with your presence here.

Reactions: TheVolsFrog
Troll thread title OP
There is no way in the world outside of opt out Joe does not only start but play till the game is sorted. In fact I'd say this is a bad idea for nicos debut start. This is a legit defense and you want to hit them with the proven commodity. Nico still has not seen snaps against P5 first string defense much less a top 15 squad

100% agree. This is Joe's game as long as it is a game.

Let's give Nico the off season, then spring and fall practice, then turn him loose. By far the worst scenario would be a bad performance against a Big 10 defense going into what is going to be a huge off season.

The first game is against Chattanooga next year. There will be plenty of opportunity for Nico to get low stress work.

Milton is what he is at this point. Some team will take a chance on him based on his arm alone. I don't think his performance in this game is going to move the meter at all, no matter how he plays great or terrible. He's already proven he's wildly inconsistent and one game isn't going to fix that.
You aren’t in sales are you? Lol

I expect something like the Vanderbilt game. Joe plays 3.2 quarters and then Nico comes in.

Side note: Iowa won't score as many points against us as Vandy.
Neither team may not score a TD. We'd better get something going early with the way this offense has played in the second half

That made me actually go back and look at the NCAA total offense rank for each of their opponents this year and...you're right! They played some really bad offenses. The only remotely decent offense they played was G5 Utah St. who also scored 14 points on them.

OpponentTotal Offense Rank
Utah St21
Iowa St86
Western Michigan78
Penn St60
Michigan St125
Purdue68
Wisconsin75
Minnesota122
Northwestern121
Rutgers120
Illinois59
Nebraska116
Michigan67
Tennessee17
Wow, I must admit I didn't realize Michigan was that mediocre offensively. That just depresses the crap out of me. They're gonna need some breaks to have a chance against the turds.

I think Iowa may have the #2 pass defense in the country. I know they're a lot tougher than people think.

Granted "SEC speed" vs the B1G should help us and maybe we'll see Joe get to throw some fly routes that help his draft stock. That would be fun and I'm sure Heupel and Co are clocking the Iowa secondary on film vs or WRs.

I'm hoping for a fun day for Joe. He deserves it near his home, but if Nico airs one or two out also, I'll be really excited.
Lol Iowa puts defensive backs in the NFL every year. We have plenty of speed in the secondary.

I swear some of you are either drunk 80% of the day or don’t know anything about football outside of the SEC.

VN Store

Back