Nico to start the bowl game? Confirmed

This place is gonna be interesting if Nico struggles.
I think Nico is going to be a great qb for the Vols. However, with no meaningful snaps this year, I feel that he will struggle, he should have been given some meaningful snaps throughout the year. If he doesn't struggle in this game, then he will be even better than anyone thought he would be. I just look at Milroe from Bama, how much he has improved since game one of this season to now. It took about half of the year before he really hit his stride.

Heard it on the radio this afternoon. They referenced a FB forum (that I won't name out of respect for VN). The report said Milton wanted to make sure he was completely healthy for the Senior Bowl. Implication was that there would be more NFL scouts present. I guess we'll find out within the next 6 days.
Nico starting would give him some important reps for the 2024 season.

My wife's, sisters uncle's friend who's married to her cousins brothers aunt, her friend that walks her dog said Nico was playing!
I know of that gal and she's a Crackhead......or so my first wife's third cousin, once removed heard from his fiance's father's side piece who deals rock on the the corner across from the old Regis Restaurant. She says it's Joe's gig.

I know of that gal and she's a Crackhead......or so my first wife's third cousin, once removed heard from his fiance's father's side piece who deals rock on the the corner across from the old Regis Restaurant. She says it's Joe's gig.
Now we got controversy!

Reactions: VolNExile
Basilio has said for a couple of weeks that, according to his sources at UT, the coaching staff has encouraged Joe to focus on getting himself ready for the combine and the Senior Bowl. Joe doesn't seem to have taken the bait and is intent on playing. Will be up to CJH how many snaps Joe actually gets, but this is exactly the type of game where Nico should get a lot of snaps, get his feet wet and the bowl game is really of no consequence. It would look really good though, if Nico came out, lit up their D and we won it going away.
Basillo is completely FOS just as he always has been. Don’t worry though I’m sure you have some BS to say to back up Tony. I’m sure Lovie is still circling Knoxville as well according to Tony’s sources.

I think Nico is going to be a great qb for the Vols. However, with no meaningful snaps this year, I feel that he will struggle, he should have been given some meaningful snaps throughout the year. If he doesn't struggle in this game, then he will be even better than anyone thought he would be. I just look at Milroe from Bama, how much he has improved since game one of this season to now. It took about half of the year before he really hit his stride.
I completely agree.

This place is gonna be interesting if Nico struggles.
I dont mean to hijack this thread, but i don't know where to post this. I'll just leave it here.

Is Merklinger an early enrollee? I really hope Merklinger gets at least some of the 1st string practice snaps if so. I know he isn't eligible to play in the Bowl game, but we've got to start getting him ready incase Nico doesn't work out.

Matter of fact. Heupel should give Nico and Merklinger equal time in the opener against Chattanooga. Have them rotate Possessions or Qtrs for the opener.

Heupel has to earn back my trust. What if Nico is like a false prophet and only good enough to win 10 games, but Merklinger is the true savior to win 11 or all 12?

/s

I dont mean to hijack this thread, but i don't know where to post this. I'll just leave it here.

Is Merklinger an early enrollee? I really hope Merklinger gets at least some of the 1st string practice snaps if so. I know he isn't eligible to play in the Bowl game, but we've got to start getting him ready incase Nico doesn't work out.

Matter of fact. Heupel should give Nico and Merklinger equal time in the opener against Chattanooga. Have them rotate Possessions or Qtrs for the opener.

Heupel has to earn back my trust. What if Nico is like a false prophet and only good enough to win 10 games, but Merklinger is the true savior to win 11 or all 12?

/s
You smoking or drinking when you posted this?

I may watch another game this season after all if this is true. I quit supporting with my time/viewer number several games ago due to still starting Joe for no reason

Reactions: bpalmer28
I may watch another game this season after all if this is true. I quit supporting with my time/viewer number several games ago due to still starting Joe for no reason
That’s weak and lame. Hopefully you don’t watch or support the team anymore. Fans like you are pathetic.

/s
Well that didn't take long.

Basillo is completely FOS just as he always has been. Don’t worry though I’m sure you have some BS to say to back up Tony. I’m sure Lovie is still circling Knoxville as well according to Tony’s sources.
Man, why do you get so butt hurt over the mere mention of his name? Give it a freaking rest, you petulant three year old child. I don’t gas if you like Tony or not. It’s simply an ongoing discussion on his show and it’s what he said he was hearing from a source. Never said it’s etched in stone. But it might quite likely turn out to be true if Price is correct. Then who’s your Daddy, Chad?

Last edited:

VN Store

Back