Nico to start the bowl game? Confirmed

AP last night on VQ randomly posted all the vq videos of Nico and posted the gif of 50 cent with Hubbs in the back seat gif under it as well. That’s basically him saying Nico is starting lol. Plus I’ve heard Joe isn’t even with the team in Florida rn

I blocked him a long time ago. Not sure if it's parody account, but it should be.
It's definitely a parody/fake account. Been getting people for years. He'll make national news every now and then when someone doesn't do their due diligence. Love that guy!

I think Nico is going to be a great qb for the Vols. However, with no meaningful snaps this year, I feel that he will struggle, he should have been given some meaningful snaps throughout the year. If he doesn't struggle in this game, then he will be even better than anyone thought he would be. I just look at Milroe from Bama, how much he has improved since game one of this season to now. It took about half of the year before he really hit his stride.
Yep. It's not like letting him roll vs Austin Peay or one of the other easier defenses LIKE THEY SHOULD HAVE. No, this is against a top shelf, fundamentally sound and veteran defense. They're bound to show him things that will confuse a young QB. Their secondary can run so it's not likely we'll be speeding open like Hyatt might have. We just don't have the playmakers at WR outside of White perhaps. Nimrod, Webb and Leacock won't be stressing too many defensive coordinators. Ordinarily, I'd think we'd lean on our running game, but I'm not sure what to expect there either. This is the kind of game that likely will be ugly to watch and the team that makes the fewest mistakes will win. Given our play this year, I'm not so sure we can play a mistake free, clean game. If Williams is playing, maybe we can make a play or 2 on special teams? For me, I'm not expecting a win. I'll settle for seeing the youth get their first real taste of action in preparation for next year. This staff should have played more of these younger players throughout this season. Maybe they had a plan all along and I'm off base, but I can see no excuse for how they handled things.

Reactions: cgrish
Why the blue font? Nico is very inexperienced. This is a big game. I fully expect him to struggle and will be shocked if he doesn’t. But I can see it now. If Nico has a bad game it will be idiots bashing him, Heupel and Halze.
My poorly made point was that the excuse from Heupel and Halze will be inexperience. Not sure how they can fall back on that since it was their decision to sit him all year long and waste several opportunities to get him meaningful snaps against some of our weaker opponents. If Nico does struggle, he would be the last person I'd point a finger at. Instead, I'd consider it somewhat unfair to the kid to keep him on the shelf then throw him into the teeth of a defense like Iowa's. No, if it does go poorly for him, this is totally on Heupel. Having said that, given that this "source" that implies Nico will start appears to be that idiot Basilio, I think this all might be a moot point and they'll trot Milton out there again.

Yep. It's not like letting him roll vs Austin Peay or one of the other easier defenses LIKE THEY SHOULD HAVE. No, this is against a top shelf, fundamentally sound and veteran defense. They're bound to show him things that will confuse a young QB. Their secondary can run so it's not likely we'll be speeding open like Hyatt might have. We just don't have the playmakers at WR outside of White perhaps. Nimrod, Webb and Leacock won't be stressing too many defensive coordinators. Ordinarily, I'd think we'd lean on our running game, but I'm not sure what to expect there either. This is the kind of game that likely will be ugly to watch and the team that makes the fewest mistakes will win. Given our play this year, I'm not so sure we can play a mistake free, clean game. If Williams is playing, maybe we can make a play or 2 on special teams? For me, I'm not expecting a win. I'll settle for seeing the youth get their first real taste of action in preparation for next year. This staff should have played more of these younger players throughout this season. Maybe they had a plan all along and I'm off base, but I can see no excuse for how they handled things.
Seems everyone forgets that Nico got hurt in the Virginia game and was out of action for a couple of those cupcakes.

@GAVol beat me to it

Reactions: GAVol
Seems everyone forgets that Nico got hurt in the Virginia game and was out of action for a couple of those cupcakes.

@GAVol beat me to it
It definitely wasn’t widely reported, but I’m not sure who the backup QB even would have been angainst Austin Peay and Florida.

Be nice to see have another game like Vandy…to go out with back to back great games.

I think Nico is going to be a great qb for the Vols. However, with no meaningful snaps this year, I feel that he will struggle, he should have been given some meaningful snaps throughout the year. If he doesn't struggle in this game, then he will be even better than anyone thought he would be. I just look at Milroe from Bama, how much he has improved since game one of this season to now. It took about half of the year before he really hit his stride.
Milroe did it with a mediocre team around him too, just think if he had the depth and the years of top 5 recruiting the Vols have to pull from, he would have won the Heisman.

VN Store

Back