'25 NJ OT Jaelyn Matthews (Rutgers commit)

On Thursday of last week AP said.

Jaelyn Matthews is still loving him some orange.

Which someone responded - “But are the TN coaches still loving him”

And AP replied

“I don’t know why they wouldn’t”

So to me thus far we may all be taking Rutgers sour grapes and running with it. But I haven’t heard anything directly myself.

I think the war room may give us a hint if there is a real update.

There is another possibility - that AP simply is not as plugged in as everyone believes.

We’ve been through this multiple times since this staff took over where AP says one thing and the opposite happens. I’m not saying he doesn’t know anything. But his job is to sell subscriptions.

There is another possibility - that AP simply is not as plugged in as everyone believes.

We’ve been through this multiple times since this staff took over where AP says one thing and the opposite happens. I’m not saying he doesn’t know anything. But his job is to sell subscriptions.
With NIL its been harder to predict. But I still trust him for the most part. NIL just makes everything just that much crazier.

Reactions: MarcoVol
No one will ever bat a thousand, but I think AP and the VQ guys are really good at what they do. It sounds to me like the Trevor Duncan to OT move is looking promising, Bennett Warren showed up in better shape than expected, Jeremias Heard is an OT all the way, the staff likes Jesse Perry’s upside long term, we have 2 years of Lance Heard at LT, and we’re in the driver’s seat for David Sanders. All that adds up to our need at OT in this class being a little less urgent than we thought prior to spring practice.

No one will ever bat a thousand, but I think AP and the VQ guys are really good at what they do. It sounds to me like the Trevor Duncan to OT move is looking promising, Bennett Warren showed up in better shape than expected, Jeremias Heard is an OT all the way, the staff likes Jesse Perry’s upside long term, we have 2 years of Lance Heard at LT, and we’re in the driver’s seat for David Sanders. All that adds up to our need at OT in this class being a little less urgent than we thought prior to spring practice.
Think Perry is an inside guy. Projects best at center to me but that’s just me. Obviously you have to be comfortable there

He’s plugged in with the staff and Spyre 200%. So that’s why if it was a TN moving on deal I’d be surprised if he didn’t put it out there.

If it’s from a recruits side then yea no one can be perfect there.

AP sits down to lunch with JH. He is all about relationships, you dont betray that. He isnt going to give anything away, to spoil a kids moment. All facts. His annoyance during last PC with recruiting questions, is evidence of my theory that you arent getting **** all from VQ but bits and pieces.

I believe they have looked at the number of tackle bodies on the roster and they are being selective in who they make a hard push for at tackle. More of a focus on IOL

-AP

So cross this guy off the board
On the VQ podcast this morning AP said we are basically loaded at the tackle position. He said we are gonna focus more on inside guys.

Tennessee: "The way the program is going. You know, George MacIntryre, they're bringing in some guys - Jamie Ffrench, who just visited, Jaden Sanders.

“I think they're going to do an amazing job on the recruiting trail, bringing in some more kids. It was really cool to hang out with them."-Announcing Tuesday

Tennessee: "The way the program is going. You know, George MacIntryre, they're bringing in some guys - Jamie Ffrench, who just visited, Jaden Sanders.

“I think they're going to do an amazing job on the recruiting trail, bringing in some more kids. It was really cool to hang out with them."-Announcing Tuesday
1717725192701.gif

Offensive tackles are always a priority

Reactions: ChiTownVol

VN Store

Back