Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Defense is a mess everywhere it seems… actually it’s 92 😂
Not really. The game has evolved. Pat Summitt teams would probably be getting crushed by teams today. Although you need defense and rebounding, It takes a lot more than just rebounding and defense to win championships nowadays with the evolution of offense on the women's side of basketball.

Last edited:
North Carolina struggled at home to beat Davidson, who actually led with four minutes to go. Final score was 74-70.

Four UNC starters played over 32 minutes including transfers Donarski & Gakdeng. Kayla McPherson only played 7 minutes, still recovering from another injury. Teonni Key in walking boot and didn't play.

Sort of puts the early blowout wins in perspective for those who like to compare other program results to Lady Vols. UNC beat Gardner Webb 102-49 to start the season.

It’s not true. The whole ”rumor” started with a poster on The Big Spur site named Nola who is a GC fan living in New Orleans and who portrays himself as being connected with LSU big donors and AD personnel. He posted about having dinner at a swanky New Orleans restaurant with a group of these connected folks who gave him the ”details”.

Long story short, Nola has done this several times before in his posts about various topics and is always wrong and generally caught fabricating his stories for attention.

Hope you're right but why would she delay her announcement to the end of the season? Is it because she hates to break the news to her homies? In Camden that will go over like a lead ballon. Captain Will thinks she's gone.

Have you ever watched a Clemson WBB game? Nobody has. But I doubt they ponied up much money, she was probably steered there as you say by someone with influence on her who got a paycheck…..albeit a small one because trust me, Clemson doesn’t spend money on WBB. Their big donor fund is called IPTAY and they only spend $ on FB…..they would rather spend any money on recruiting a kicker for the FB team than a WBB player. It’s their culture.
I think Clemson earned a visit from Edwards as she is interested in their engineering program. Both of her parents are engineers and academically she's top of her class.

Will Iowa be #1 when the poll comes out? If UT was #2 and lost to an unranked team UT would drop a good 5 spots, I bet UCONN doesnt. Should SC be #1 instead? UCLA? Utah? How far will UT drop?
Based on yesterdays performances, I believe SC should be #1. In Iowa's win over VT was impressive, Clark scored more than half their points. If she isn't able to play for some reason, they are just a good team, not top 5. These early upsets are really good for the sport, which means every team is vulnerable and it will take the entire OOC schedule to wean out the pretenders. It should be very interesting to say the least.

Based on yesterdays performances, I believe SC should be #1. In Iowa's win over VT was impressive, Clark scored more than half their points. If she isn't able to play for some reason, they are just a good team, not top 5. These early upsets are really good for the sport, which means every team is vulnerable and it will take the entire OOC schedule to wean out the pretenders. It should be very interesting to say the least.
PB will slowly get back into form from a couple of years ago...UCONN will be fine...CC is depended on way to much by Iowa a box and 1 will be the death of Iowa...

Going to find out with Edwards cause she is not going to LSU unless it is for money. I don't know what Berry got I would have to have quite a lot to spend four years losing games at Clemson. To add AAU person probably got a big stack of money.

The taters have used a bag man for years but NIL has leveled the playing field in football. Maybe there was some bag money left over for WBB?

An interesting thing about LSU's win over Queens College is that Van Lith had no made baskets (0 of 3) for a total of 3 points from free throws. Kim didn't address this but did say her top goal for the game was to play with more energy and good defense. Neither Kim or the media mentioned anything about this anomaly postgame. Other starters scored plenty of points, so it wasn't about her resting them for a blowout game. I have always wondered if she would fit well there, so it will be interesting to see how this dynamic unfolds during the season.
2 Alpha's on the same team usually does not work out good.

VN Store

Back