Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Are Connecticut fans melting down? They used to be almost as bad as Tennessee fans about losing their minds after losses. I watched off and on today and it appeared to me to be another one of those games when one team catches magic and simply stuns their opponent.

Obviously NC St. being unranked is ridiculous. Good for them coming out there and putting on a show for their amazing fans! Saniya Rivers. Wow! She'll never forget today.

Anyway, both teams will be contenders in March, I think. Good day for women's basketball.

Last edited:
If another one of your favorite coaches did coach this same roster u would see the same flaws, u can only expect players to do what they are capable of, with a better roster u would see different results.

When you say " another one of your favorite coaches", who are you referring to?

That's my point. NC State wasn't ranked in preseason, but they look MUCH better than projected and just beat a team they weren't supposed to beat in a full FORTY minute effort. They looked ready from the start.

We couldn't beat a UCONN team that didn't have Paige AND Azzi - at home. NC State just beat a UConn team with both players available.
This is my point Kellie 💩 the bed every time against UCONN when they was without there best players heck last year they played with like 7 players and we still lost in a blow out with Lou Lopez getting whatever she wanted..

We've got four big games coming up Indiana, Oklahoma, Ohio State, and Notre Dame. Let's see how we come out of that this season. In the past it hasn't been very good. We lost to Ohio State, Indiana, UCLA, Stanford, UConn, South Carolina, LSU, and Va tech last year before coming back to win over LSU in the SEC Tourney. We shouldn't have another bad streak like that or I think the writing is on the wall no matter how much you like Coach Kellie.

Indiana lacking skill players getting pounded on the glass by Stanford. 6-3 Iriafen is a very good ball player

It does sting a little to see so many other programs flourish the way they have, when we were so used to winning. I hate it actually! I just want to see us play elite level basketball again….for a full 40 minutes, consistently.

But we're being told NIL is the biggest issue.

That could very well be the case. I believe it's ALSO true that elite/generational recruits don't see the material with Kellie.

Reactions: LadyVol1908
But we're being told NIL is the biggest issue.

That could very well be the case. I believe it's ALSO true that elite/generational recruits don't see the material with Kellie.
This year thus far point guard is not doing the job. 2,3,4 positions doing very well five just so so. If we can't get better point guard play going to be a long season.

I had forgotten about that secret scrimmage. Cool.
And we didn't have Jewel when we beat NC State. But you never know w a scrimmage.
This year thus far point guard is not doing the job. 2,3,4 positions doing very well five just so so. If we can't get better point guard play going to be a long season.
I agree and think both PG and post will improve. Wells and Jill are much better players than they showed at FLA St.

Mimi Collins played well for NC State in what seems like her 9th season at her 4th school. But congrats to her.

So far Indiana looks very slow and can't shoot. Stanford has em doubled up 40-20 halfway thru 2nd qtr. Of course they'll shoot 70% on us.
They will be able to shoot when they play us. Throw it up from anywhere it will definitely go in over half the time.

Last edited:
Mimi Collins played well for NC State in what seems like her 9th season at her 4th school. But congrats to her.

So far Indiana looks very slow and can't shoot. Stanford has em doubled up 40-20 halfway thru 2nd qtr. Of course they'll shoot 70% on us.

Mimi has a dang AARP card, for goodness' sakes!

Some teams just have that home court advantage that they can win with no matter who they play. Stanford not as talented as last season is winning big. NC St. had very few top ten players on the floor today to play UConn with a dozen and won. We have to show that kind of home court play and this is the year.

you know it won't happen that way lol ... the basketball gods gave a cruel sense of humor when it comes to us! Someone needs to burn some sage up in this piece 😂
Been one of our problems an unusual amount of threes just seems to go in against anyone we play. Florida A&M hit 8 and they shoot about 25 percent from the three.

VN Store

Back