Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

She has really developed at NC St. Played very well today both on offense and defense.
That's what 10 yrs of experience will do for you.

LSU won 109 to 47 today. They danced and acting ugly all game. So glad they lost to Colorado.
Say it ain't so! Like when 3 of them stood over a Queens (!) player and barked at her in unison? Yep, classy bunch those Barbies

Who on Indiana can guard Rickea?

LOL bored announcers giving some love to Rickea. Were doing ok til she said Rickea could lead the nation in scoring with a 25 ppg average. I love to hear it but Caitlin Clark says hold my beer
If Rickea took as many shots as Clark, she could lead the nation in scoring.

Been one of our problems an unusual amount of threes just seems to go in against anyone we play. Florida A&M hit 8 and they shoot about 25 percent from the three.

one of these games we are going to defend the three or damn if we get in a shoot out hit more of them... lol...

Rickea Jackson just got some love from the game announcers during the Indiana-Stanford broadcast while they are discussing the Candace Parker documentary and Tennessee greats T.Catch & Holdsclaw!

TN is back! Rickea is the most versatile scorer in WCB. Elite.
Jewel Spear ‘fear da spear’ is set to lock in on Rocky Top.

Reactions: Lucy
Rickea Jackson just got some love from the game announcers during the Indiana-Stanford broadcast while they are discussing the Candace Parker documentary and Tennessee greats T.Catch & Holdsclaw!

TN is back! Rickea is the most versatile scorer in WCB. Elite.
Jewel Spear ‘fear da spear’ is set to lock in on Rocky Top.

We gotta win some big games first and when that happens prepare to be sick of me 😂😂

Good point. Andreya Carter said today she wouldn't call Clark a lock for NPOY bc she lacks efficiency. But the voters won't care, they just love the big scoring numbers. CC is a lock.

Indiana done quit ya'll.

i hope we jump on them like that and not let up... oklahoma will probably also be ranked when we play them.

I mean let’s be fr! Geno has won 11 national championships, of course they’re not calling for his head! Let’s be guided here.
Championships have nothing to do with idiotic comments... so I agree, let's be guided here!! A dumb comment is a dumb comment no matter whose mouth (or in this case fingers) it comes from. Calling for the end of the season or coach to be fired two games into a season is flat out STUPID!

Are Connecticut fans melting down? They used to be almost as bad as Tennessee fans about losing their minds after losses.
As a regular poster on the other board, I wouldn’t say it’s a total meltdown, but not a lot of positivity right now. The in game chat room (which isn’t really moderated) was in total meltdown mode though.

Here's the difference between lady Vols "fans" and fans of other teams... UConn lost to unranked NC St. You think any of their "fans" are calling for the coach to be fired or that the season is over??? HIGHLY DOUBT IT! UT fans have to do better.

Not that I'm actually advocating for firing anyone, but surely you realize that only a handful of programs in this sport even have the level of interest and fan investment needed for those kinds of conversations?

If you don't believe me, go look at message boards for other programs and teams. Even some of the successful ones, like LSU, Texas, or Stanford. Go check and see just how many message board threads they have, to say nothing of how many active conversations about current topics you can find on those forums. It's not a pretty a sight, for the record. They're mostly dead, across the board. Coaches at most schools could be 25-5 or 10-20, and you'd find about the same level of conversation about them - which is to say, almost none.

Tennessee - and yes, that school with the husky logo - are massively atypical. The amount of conversation on here is greater than what you'd find on the women's basketball subreddit, for example. That's due to 30 years of sustained excellence, brought on by Pat legitimizing the sport here in the 1990s.

Anyway, I'm not saying people should be asking for firings, I just think people here have vastly skewed perceptions of how women's basketball is perceived. It's more widely accepted now, to be sure, but most places just aren't talking about it, regardless of team records or performances.

It's a double-edged sword watching upcoming opponents lose. On the one hand, our staff has now seen how those teams can be beaten and will hopefully have the Lady Vols well prepared. On the other hand, chances are those losses will wake those teams' players up and have them absolutely on fire to turn it around quickly. They are unlikely to play so flat against Tennessee. Plus, they all have good film on us, too.

I hope Tennessee can win tomorrow and then keep it going on through this upcoming string of tough games. Gotta admit I'm a little nervous about the stretch since a whole lot is riding on how we come out of it. Like others have said, KJH can't afford for this team to go on a losing streak similar to that awful one last season.

I believe we'll fare well if everyone stays healthy, but I'm definitely nervous.

VN Store

Back