Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

That is actually a problem to have one player be the dominant "the team goes as she goes" person. The fact that we had 7 players in double figures shows the advantage of spreading the scoring around. Dawn has done this since the year A'Ja was a freshman. She gets all of her players quality minutes and that makes sure you don't suffer if one player has an off night. These girls want time on the court but they also want to be winners. You sacrifice time to be a winner. The quality time on the court while playing with a successful program is going to be key moving forward.
Bully for Dawn. But the comparison is apple to oranges. We're one of one bc we only have one. Dawn spreads the wealth bc she is filthy rich with talent. We wouldn't have had 7 in double figures against a quality opponent.

Reactions: brittannica
Brooklyn Miles has been a model of consistency as a starter in Kentucky's first two games, logging 30 min. against ETSU and 27 min. vs. USC-Upstate.

In each game, she had exactly 10 points, 4 assists, and 3 rebounds.

Speaking of ETSU, they led KY at the half and only lost by 8. Coach Brenda Mock Brown is on the watch list for midmajor COY.

I noticed that ETSU freshman out of Unaka Lyndie Ramsey wasn't in the box score for their first games. Anyone know if she's just waiting her turn, red-shirting, or injured? She was a scoring machine in high school.

Reactions: krichunaka
LSU by 3 just before halftime. HVL really forcing things. Smith playing much better than Reese.

LSU will win, but please let it be close, maybe OT.

Why are they playing at noon on a Tuesday? Still an impressive crowd tho.

That is actually a problem to have one player be the dominant "the team goes as she goes" person. The fact that we had 7 players in double figures shows the advantage of spreading the scoring around. Dawn has done this since the year A'Ja was a freshman. She gets all of her players quality minutes and that makes sure you don't suffer if one player has an off night. These girls want time on the court but they also want to be winners. You sacrifice time to be a winner. The quality time on the court while playing with a successful program is going to be key moving forward.

Tennessee has more than Rickea Jackson and it’s clear as day. I don’t think Rickea or her teammates feel they can’t compete without her. I do believe they have a true bond and want what’s best for RJ, and would rather have her play every single game then be out for an extended period of time.

The day LSU loses again and South Carolina takes their losses you can bet their fans on VolNation and the negaVols will act like it never happened.

Tennessee played FSU on the road.. not a neutral site or at home, and early in the year they are the only team or one of a few to go on the road and give themselves a shot to beat a ranked opponent.

Tennessee has had multiple players step up and is not nearly as reliant on Rickea Jackson as posters will make you believe. And to even say if you take any player away from a team.. they won’t do X, Y, Z is about the most ignorant argument of all-time.

If TN attracted a great player two years ago like Rickea, Jewel Spear this summer, plus many others they will certainly again and have already done so in Talaysia Cooper and Kaniya Boyd.

Rickea J despite being an outstanding player has improved tremendously in her two years at Tennessee. She has and I’m sure she will say honestly that other players on this team as well as coaches have helped her game grow.

Maryland and Notre Dame are no more quality opponents as Florida State. Tennessee gave that game away and had multiple players score in double digits not just Rickea J.

We can support Rickea without talking ignorance about the rest of the roster.

Jewel Spear is averaging 19 pts per game. Sara Puckett is averaging 16 pts per game.

That’s just the beginning.. you folks are going to be looking crazy trying to keep up this narrative.

Last edited:
Tennessee has more than Rickea Jackson and it’s clear as day. I don’t think Rickea or her teammates feel they can’t compete without her. I do believe they have a true bond and want what’s best for RJ, and would rather have her play every single game then be out for an extended period of time.

The day LSU loses again and South Carolina takes their losses you can bet their fans on VolNation and the negaVols will act like it never happened.

Tennessee played FSU on the road.. not a neutral site or at home, and early in the year they are the only team or one of a few to go on the road and give themselves a shot to beat a ranked opponent.

Tennessee has had multiple players step up and is not nearly as reliant on Rickea Jackson as posters will make you believe. And to even say if you take any player away from a team.. they won’t do X, Y, Z is about the most ignorant argument of all-time.

If TN attracted a great player two years ago like Rickea, Jewel Spear this summer, plus many others they will certainly again and have already done so in Talaysia Cooper and Kaniya Boyd.

Rickea J despite being an outstanding player has improved tremendously in her two years at Tennessee. She has and I’m sure she will say honestly that other players on this team as well as coaches have helped her game grow.

Maryland and Notre Dame are no more quality opponents as Florida State. Tennessee gave that game away and had multiple players score in double digits not just Rickea J.

We can support Rickea without talking ignorance about the rest of the roster.

Jewel Spear is averaging 19 pts per game. Sara Puckett is averaging 16 pts per game.

That’s just the beginning.. you folks are going to be looking crazy trying to keep up this narrative.

Always good for a laugh.

Living in an alternative universe on those timeline branches got some folks in their feelings.. now that’s what’s a never ending joke lol.

OAN: Utah vs Baylor is the game of the day.

Today confirmed what I knew already, at full strength Tennessee can/will win the SEC Championship this year.

Real basketball about to be played tonight..
none of this hype and rookie talk!

Still remember that game when Dre’ Edwards cooked that team in the SEC title game.. reminds me of last season when Jillian dominated LSU.

The big dawgs not the little ones.. I got Utah but Baylor ain’t no pushover!

Real basketball about to be played tonight..
none of this hype and rookie talk!

Still remember that game when Dre’ Edwards cooked that team in the SEC title game.. reminds me of last season when Jillian dominated LSU.

The big dawgs not the little ones.. I got Utah but Baylor ain’t no pushover!
Baylor isn’t like they used to be. Utah isn’t a big team, but they will tower over this Baylor squad that starts two 6’0 players and 3 between 5-7 and 5’9. I expect Utah in an easy win.

Reference Jillian, are you talking about the SEC tourney game? She had 11 points and 2 rebounds, is that dominating in your book?

Last edited:
Tennessee commit 2027 G Finley Chastain is the first player to sub in off the bench for Montverde Academy!

She is 1-2 shooting with 2pts, 2rebs in the first minute of action!
cruiting’ is on fire🍊

Last edited:

VN Store

Back