Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Ducharme has been a hot topic around here, most are incredulous that anyone would even consider letting her play again. She's the Tua of women's basketball. Retire.
I wouldn't be shocked if it's already been privately discussed behind the scenes that she's unofficially "retired" from the sport but is just remaining on the team as an act of good faith.

That's just my personal speculation. To be honest I think most Husky fans are hoping for the best but obviously no one wants to see her come back if it'll be detrimental to her health.

the SC vs memphis exhibition replay is being shown live on Youtube right now search for user "Women Hooping" . Quick observation , no way USC goes undefeated this season but still national champion favorites without Watkins. They're depth is so crazy.
I have LSU to win the SEC. That's why the Recruitment of Del Rosario was so important to both LSU and USC. Annesa Morriw, Flajae Johnson and Mikaylah Williams will all have bigger roles. Williams is every bit as good as Juju Watkins, but she was a 4th option on offense mainly because of the experience play of Johnson and Morrow and the me me me Angel Reese who also played in front of Del Rosario and had to pad her stats for individual accolades.

The shooting percentage of Morrow, Williams and Johnson averaged about 47% from the floor. For one guard that's great, but to have 3 averaging that is insane. Cardosa is a much bigger loss than most think. Teams no longer have to account for 6-7 in the post and can play honest defense on the perimeter against USC. But for LSU, teams will need to account for a very skilled 6-6 post who Mulkey said should have been playing a lot more. Return Smith and their transfer portal pickups and LSU is stacked at every position.

I have LSU to win the SEC. That's why the Recruitment of Del Rosario was so important to both LSU and USC. Annesa Morriw, Flajae Johnson and Mikaylah Williams will all have bigger roles. Williams is every bit as good as Juju Watkins, but she was a 4th option on offense mainly because of the experience play of Johnson and Morrow and the me me me Angel Reese who also played in front of Del Rosario and had to pad her stats for individual accolades.

The shooting percentage of Morrow, Williams and Johnson averaged about 47% from the floor. For one guard that's great, but to have 3 averaging that is insane. Cardosa is a much bigger loss than most think. Teams no longer have to account for 6-7 in the post and can play honest defense on the perimeter against USC. But for LSU, teams will need to account for a very skilled 6-6 post who Mulkey said should have been playing a lot more. Return Smith and their transfer portal pickups and LSU is stacked at every position.
LSU will be a decent team but they are far from stacked, and Williams is a good player but she’s nowhere near Juju. Juju is the best college player since Candace Parker and she’s only a sophomore. As for Reese she never padded any stats for accolades because she never gets the regular season awards, just look at her 2023 stat line of 24ppg and 15prbs for the regular season and an average of 23ppg and 17rbs during Sec play and tell me if she won Sec Player of the a year over someone that averaged 13ppg and 9rbs. Reese should have been NPOY and SEC POY with her historic stat line. Reese only cares about Championships, something she does at every level. Maybe a player u like is all about padding stats for accolades since they never seem to win any championships at any level. No need to reply, I just had to get that off my chest.

LSU will be a decent team but they are far from stacked, and Williams is a good player but she’s nowhere near Juju. Juju is the best college player since Candace Parker and she’s only a sophomore. As for Reese she never padded any stats for accolades because she never gets the regular season awards, just look at her 2023 stat line of 24ppg and 15prbs for the regular season and an average of 23ppg and 17rbs during Sec play and tell me if she won Sec Player of the a year over someone that averaged 13ppg and 9rbs. Reese should have been NPOY and SEC POY with her historic stat line. Reese only cares about Championships, something she does at every level. Maybe a player u like is all about padding stats for accolades since they never seem to win any championships at any level. No need to reply, I just had to get that off my chest.
Oh come on. I haven't seen so many intentionally missed layups to get rebounds since Courtney Paris.

Oh come on. I haven't seen so many intentionally missed layups to get rebounds since Courtney Paris.
During the 2023 season the conversation was about Reese shot 52% from the field, I didn’t hear any haters saying g that during her dominant run while playing Center for the first time in her career after being a guard/small forward at Maryland. If u want to bring up the WNBA season she played power forward, which is another position she has never played before this season and was still successful. Name me another rookie that played 3 different positions in the last 3 years and was successful besides Reese. For reference u hear people in here all the time complaining about a player playing out of position, but Reese has never complained and just put the work in while becoming a Champion in dominant fashion at every level.

Last edited:
Reactions: LadyVol1908

Funny you should say that because the best college player ever just graduated last year lmao. None of them are close to Clark. We know you hate to say her name, but facts are facts.

And CP3 is my goat, but get real.

To be fair, we were not that good. See, we have a new coach.
Also to be fair, that was the game where after shootaround the LVs found out they would be without their best player and lynchpin for an indefinite period. I was there and there was a definite punch in the gut shock feeling that the LVs had zero time to adjust to. Looking back, that night was the beginning of the end for Harper. We all know what followed.

Funny you should say that because the best college player ever just graduated last year lmao. None of them are close to Clark. We know you hate to say her name, but facts are facts.

And CP3 is my goat, but get real.
Juju is a way better player than Klark and that’s even now as a teenager, she’s a 3 level scorer, can create her own shot, deadly in the mid range and can score in the post, all things Klark can’t do, but Klark is a better 3pt shooter but that’s it. Nobody that knows basketball will say Klark is a better overall player.

Reactions: LadyVol1908
Speaking of Candace -- I was at a WNBA watch party on Sunday for Game 3 and there was a very passionate LV fan there wearing a Parker shirt. I, of course, was wearing UConn apparel. We had some good natured back-and-forth ribbing during halftime. He mentioned that he was inclined to like Syracuse WBB because he's used to rooting for a team that wears orange. Of course I said it was the opposite for me. 😂 I love it when WBB fans can come together to talk smack at each other (in a fun way).

That aside, I wonder what teams she would want to buy?

You should watch last season's game against UConn for a preview of how SC performs without Cardosa. I fully expect Watkins to return sooner than later and few can match her verticals and shot blocking abilities. Her defensive metrics were superior to those of Cardosa.

Sorry MK Williams is good , but shes not in the same stratosphere as JuJu . Williams needs to get quicker her shot is so smooth like Maya Moore , but JuJu is just a different breed .

Juju is a way better player than Klark and that’s even now as a teenager, she’s a 3 level scorer, can create her own shot, deadly in the mid range and can score in the post, all things Klark can’t do, but Klark is a better 3pt shooter but that’s it. Nobody that knows basketball will say Klark is a better overall player.
Clark can't create her own shot? And she can't score in the post? And what about passing skills? Also, define deadly, because JuJu's shooting % left a lot to be desired. I'm a fan of JW's, but you are blowing some heavy smoke here.

Here are Clark's career stats at Iowa:​

SEASONG/GSFGMFG%3P3P%FTSREBASTSTLPTS
2020-2130/308.947.23.940.65.05.97.11.326.6
2021-2232/328.945.22.833.26.38.08.01.527.0
2022-2338/388.947.33.738.96.37.18.61.527.8
2023-2439/3910.345.55.237.85.87.48.91.731.6

Last edited:

VN Store

Back