Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Clark can't create her own shot? And she can't score in the post? And what about passing skills? Also, define deadly, because JuJu's shooting % left a lot to be desired. I'm a fan of JW's, but you are blowing some heavy smoke here.

Here are Clark's career stats at Iowa:​

SEASONG/GSFGMFG%3P3P%FTSREBASTSTLPTS
2020-2130/308.947.23.940.65.05.97.11.326.6
2021-2232/328.945.22.833.26.38.08.01.527.0
2022-2338/388.947.33.738.96.37.18.61.527.8
2023-2439/3910.345.55.237.85.87.48.91.731.6
Not blowing smoke, she can’t create her own shot without a screen. The passing she does is because she’s a long range shooter, so when the screen comes with a defender, they both pop out to stop her shot and she passes to someone. Yes that’s a great play because of her shooting ability, but would that happen without the threat of the 3. Magic Johnson was a great passer because of the vision, no threat of his shooting as an example. Also I don’t care about empty stats that don’t lead to winning, she’s been putting up stats since high school and has never won a single Championship, she has the ball 90% of the time, so the stats will always be there.

Last edited:
Not blowing smoke, she can’t create her own shot without a screen. The passing she does is because she’s a long range shooter, so when the screen comes with a defender, they both pop out to stop her shot and she passes to someone. Yes that’s a great play because of her shooting ability, but would that happen without the threat of the 3. Magic Johnson was a great passer because of the vision, no threat of his shooting as an example. Also I don’t care about empty stats that don’t lead to winning, she’s been putting up stats since high school and has never won a single Championship, she has the ball 90% of the time, so the stats will always be there.
Just admit you hate Caitlin Clark. You talk so much **** about her it's ridiculously funny now.

She led Iowa to three straight Big 10 tournament titles and was the MVP of the tournament every single time. Iowa had only won the tournament 3 times in about 25 tries before her arrival. She also led them to one regular season Big 10 championship.

Are you off your meds again?

She led Iowa to three straight Big 10 tournament titles and was the MVP of the tournament every single time. Iowa had only won the tournament 3 times in about 25 tries before her arrival. She also led them to one regular season Big 10 championship.
Nobody cares about conference titles, Reese beat her in the Big Ten Championship and I don’t even count that becaus they are meaningless, I only count high school state Championships which Reese has 3 of those and was the MVP in all 3 and National Championships, in which Reese has 1 and was named Most Outstanding Player. If your so good of a player u need to win one of those in an 8 year period.

Would it happen if there were no 3 pt shot? What!!! The fact is there ls one & it's going nowhere... who cares why or how she makes them when she's making them within the rules of the game. What matters - is she effective & accurate. Yes she is!

Nobody cares about conference titles, Reese beat her in the Big Ten Championship and I don’t even count that becaus they are meaningless, I only count high school state Championships which Reese has 3 of those and was the MVP in all 3 and National Championships, in which Reese has 1 and was named Most Outstanding Player. If your so good of a player u need to win one of those in an 8 year period.
High school Championships ? Who cares...you can't objectively compare between state talent & team talent When it's time to vote on things like HOF & MVP at highest level they on't care about High school, those stats only matter for recruiting....

I believe this is better competition n CK team won ---Following CK sophomore season, she led All Iowa Attack to the Nike Elite Youth Basketball League championship, scoring 23 points in a 64–61 victory over the Cal Storm in the finals

Reese is very talented but she wasn't one of 5 players in the W who ws both ROY & 1st team..simply put CK is better all around player who affects the game in more ways

According to your definition then Sabrina Ionescu isn’t such a good player. Go figure.

It’s too early in her pro career to talk about Clark being THE Goat. Check back in about ten years. As to her being the best college player ever, there are strong arguments for and against her. But lack of a championship hurts. She is A Goat but is she THE Goat?

It’s too early in Juju’s career to talk about her being a better college player than Clark. Check back in three years. Silly argument.

Carry on.

High school Championships ? Who cares...you can't objectively compare between state talent & team talent When it's time to vote on things like HOF & MVP at highest level they on't care about High school, those stats only matter for recruiting....

I believe this is better competition n CK team won ---Following CK sophomore season, she led All Iowa Attack to the Nike Elite Youth Basketball League championship, scoring 23 points in a 64–61 victory over the Cal Storm in the finals

Reese is very talented but she wasn't one of 5 players in the W who ws both ROY & 1st team..simply put CK is better all around player who affects the game in more ways
All Championships matter for legacy purposes, didn’t u hear Paige say she wants to win a college Championship so she can say she’s won at every level? Reese has won up until now, so all she needs is a WNBA Championship to complete her Championship legacy.

Like I’ve said before neither me or Reese care about regular season accolades becaus they are rigged, Reese never gets them even when she has the most dominant season. Most Outstanding Player and Finals MVP is all that matters because u need to win a Champion u can’t just be voted one. One down and one to go for Reese. And Reese is the beater and more versatile player thank Klark, if u want to debate about that we can becaus I have proof.

All Championships matter for legacy purposes, didn’t u hear Paige say she wants to win a college Championship so she can say she’s won at every level? Reese has won up until now, so all she needs is a WNBA Championship to complete her Championship legacy.

Like I’ve said before neither me or Reese care about regular season accolades becaus they are rigged, Reese never gets them even when she has the most dominant season. Most Outstanding Player and Finals MVP is all that matters because u need to win a Champion u can’t just be voted one. One down and one to go for Reese. And Reese is the beater and more versatile player thank Klark, if u want to debate about that we can becaus I have proof.

We'll have to agree to disagree regarding Clark and Reece.

X.

Reeses name shouldn't be said In the same breath as Caitlyn Clark. She was a 7th pick for a reason and lucky to go that high. A post player shooting 38% is a liability. Every decent post player in the W shoots bout 50% or higher.

She’s a good player. She ain’t no Goat.
Who said anything about Goat?

DarkPhoenix said:
“Nobody cares about conference titles, Reese beat her in the Big Ten Championship and I don’t even count that becaus they are meaningless, I only count high school state Championships which Reese has 3 of those and was the MVP in all 3 and National Championships, in which Reese has 1 and was named Most Outstanding Player. If you’re so good of a player u need to win one of those in an 8 year period.”

If anyone here is confused, someone is saying Reese is a better player than Clark and Ianescu simply because she won some high school championships or a college championship (lest we forget it’s a team sport) and they did not. I would advise anyone in that camp to peruse the NCAA record books and yes even the WNBA records and decide for themselves. Btw, Rodman was a helluva rebounder in the NBA, but let’s not mistake him for an all time great player above the likes of a Bird or a Johnson or a Jordan etc because he had a singular skill. I’m a fan of Reese, but she belongs in no conversation with recent greats like a Clark or Ianescu etc (not to mention the all time greats) as far as overall talent, but everyone here knows that already. Peace.

Last edited:

DarkPhoenix said:
“Nobody cares about conference titles, Reese beat her in the Big Ten Championship and I don’t even count that becaus they are meaningless, I only count high school state Championships which Reese has 3 of those and was the MVP in all 3 and National Championships, in which Reese has 1 and was named Most Outstanding Player. If you’re so good of a player u need to win one of those in an 8 year period.”

If anyone here is confused, someone is saying Reese is a better player than Clark and Ianescu simply because she won some high school championships or a college championship (lest we forget it’s a team sport) and they did not. I would advise anyone in that camp to peruse the NCAA record books and yes even the WNBA records and decide for themselves. Btw, Rodman was a helluva rebounder in the NBA, but let’s not mistake him for an all time great player above the likes of a Bird or a Johnson or a Jordan etc because he had a singular skill. I’m a fan of Reese, but she belongs in no conversation with recent greats like a Clark or Ianescu etc (not to mention the all time greats) as far as overall talent, but everyone here knows that already. Peace.
I’m only comparing Klark and nobody else, and Reese is a more versatile player overall like I said and she’s proven it, if u want to give me your proof on how Klark is a more versatile player on the offensive and defensive end I’ll hear your argument and I’ll give mine when done. Not sure what these NBA players have to do with this conversation, that’s like me bringing up Steve Kerr and his singular skill like Klark. If Reese can average 24pts and 15rbs in the best conference in the country, I’ll take that SINGULAR SKILL anyday. we value different things, I like a player that, plays on both ends of the floor and can play different positions, u can like 3’s, and I like winners and that’s fine. Oh and Reese has NCAA records and WNBA records as well, but that doesn’t mean anything, let’s see who wins a Championship first, I’ll put money on Reese but I’m sure there will be excuses when it happens.

DarkPhoenix said:

Reese only won a college championship be she she ended up on Kim Mulkey’s team.

That chip belong to JASMINE CARSON of all people anyway. If you’re gonna pick and individual she’s the reason why. Kid has the basketball half of her life. Something dreams are made of.

VN Store

Back