Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Then explain the following. It says they can transfer anytime to anywhere, but if they want to play immediately, they have to do it during the transfer windows.

"Similar to the current bylaws, athletes would not be able to transfer mid-year and play for a new school in the same athletic season.

This means when the college football portal window closes on April 30, it will be the last time grad transfers can enter before next December. The same goes for college basketball players when their portal window shuts on May 1.

Changes have been made to grad transfer requirements and have been immediately installed.

“Student-athletes who plan to enroll as graduate students at their next school can enter the portal at any time during the academic year but must enter the portal prior to the conclusion of their respective sports’ final transfer windows,” the NCAA wrote in a press release last week."
Also if she's available immediately via grad tx, why does she become eligible in Dec? What a damn confusing mess.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

Graduate Transfers In The Portal​

One of the exceptions to the “redshirt” rule is the graduate transfer rule. The graduate transfer rule allows basketball players to transfer institutions without a redshirt year as long as they completed a bachelor’s degree before leaving their institution and have eligibility remaining on their five-year clock.

This rule was adopted so a player was not penalized for wanting to pursue their graduate degree elsewhere than their undergraduate degree.

This is what I got unless they have changed it again recently. If they have to get in a portal guess she would have to wait until next year when it opens.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Then explain the following. It says they can transfer anytime to anywhere, but if they want to play immediately, they have to do it during the transfer windows.

"Similar to the current bylaws, athletes would not be able to transfer mid-year and play for a new school in the same athletic season.

This means when the college football portal window closes on April 30, it will be the last time grad transfers can enter before next December. The same goes for college basketball players when their portal window shuts on May 1.

Changes have been made to grad transfer requirements and have been immediately installed.

“Student-athletes who plan to enroll as graduate students at their next school can enter the portal at any time during the academic year but must enter the portal prior to the conclusion of their respective sports’ final transfer windows,” the NCAA wrote in a press release last week."
Count me out. This seems to involve higher math. 😂

We got a few votes in the AP poll.

Thanks for the link! 🤙🏼
First thing that jumps out is the editors of this graphic haven’t been keeping up. Somebody needs to let them in on the changes within the conferences. That’s pretty sad right there…

Didn't Gonzaga lose most of their team? And I would bet good money UT is better than Vandy or SDakota St. Nebraska to me losing their star won't be top 25. Really solid 8 teams to top the poll. Just hope UT makes the tourney and shows some elite flashes. UT may not be dominant, but UT is athletic and will at least bomb a lot from 3.

This girl is screaming new LADY Vol. She would be a good player for 1 year to help ease the twins into college ball.

• Was second in the SEC for scoring during the 2023-24 season

• Led Texas in three-pointers during the 2021-22 season

• Led the SEC in scoring for a vast majority of non-conference play and closed out as the second-highest scorer
  • Reached double figures in scoring for 29 of 30 games played (97%)
  • Recorded 20+ points in eight of 16 starts to begin the season
  • Posted a season-high and career-high 35 points in the second round of the SEC tournament vs Vanderbilt (March 7)
  • Led Florida in scoring with 570 points
  • Snagged the most steals on the roster with 81
  • Averaged 3.1 steals in SEC play
  • Totaled 73 assists for the season, Florida's second-best from the 2023-24 season
  • Went five for nine from three against Michigan (Dec. 20) for a season-high in made three-pointers
  • Reached a collegiate milestone of 1,000 career points with a career-high tying 27-point performance at Marshall on Dec. 2
  • Distributed a career-high nine assists at Marshall (Dec. 2)
2021-22, Junior Season (Texas)
  • Led the team in three-pointers made with 77
  • Ranked No. 2 in the Big 12 and No. 16 nationally shooting at a 42.1 percent mark from behind the arc
  • Ranked second on the team and No. 4 in the league with 65 steals
  • Recorded a team best 22 double-digit scoring efforts to go along with four 20-plus point performances
  • Registered a career-high 27 points at Tennessee [Nov. 21]

This girl is screaming new LADY Vol. She would be a good player for 1 year to help ease the twins into college ball.

• Was second in the SEC for scoring during the 2023-24 season

• Led Texas in three-pointers during the 2021-22 season

• Led the SEC in scoring for a vast majority of non-conference play and closed out as the second-highest scorer
  • Reached double figures in scoring for 29 of 30 games played (97%)
  • Recorded 20+ points in eight of 16 starts to begin the season
  • Posted a season-high and career-high 35 points in the second round of the SEC tournament vs Vanderbilt (March 7)
  • Led Florida in scoring with 570 points
  • Snagged the most steals on the roster with 81
  • Averaged 3.1 steals in SEC play
  • Totaled 73 assists for the season, Florida's second-best from the 2023-24 season
  • Went five for nine from three against Michigan (Dec. 20) for a season-high in made three-pointers
  • Reached a collegiate milestone of 1,000 career points with a career-high tying 27-point performance at Marshall on Dec. 2
  • Distributed a career-high nine assists at Marshall (Dec. 2)
2021-22, Junior Season (Texas)
  • Led the team in three-pointers made with 77
  • Ranked No. 2 in the Big 12 and No. 16 nationally shooting at a 42.1 percent mark from behind the arc
  • Ranked second on the team and No. 4 in the league with 65 steals
  • Recorded a team best 22 double-digit scoring efforts to go along with four 20-plus point performances
  • Registered a career-high 27 points at Tennessee [Nov. 21]

You gonna post this in all the threads? You nailed it in the 2025 Recruiting thread. I sense a preoccupation to “influence”. 🧐

Of course bringing Matharu on board would be totally up to the staff, but we are well along the path to building our team at this point.

Watching the South Carolina vs Memphis exhibition.. both teams look pretty small. South Carolina doesn’t have much of any size in the guard and wing positions. Before someone starts posting sizes I’m going off the eye test from the tv screen not listed heights on the screen. The backup posts Dauda and Edwards have decent height but are lean in stature.

Watching the South Carolina vs Memphis exhibition.. both teams look pretty small. South Carolina doesn’t have much of any size in the guard and wing positions. Before someone starts posting sizes I’m going off the eye test from the tv screen not listed heights on the screen. The backup posts Dauda and Edwards have decent height but are lean in stature.
I expected to see Hagemann for Memphis but I see she's not expected to make her debut until...the Tennessee game: DeeDee Hagemann, Memphis women's basketball star transfer, out until December. Here's why

Dear lord, SC is one of the biggest teams in the country. Edwards is not a post, and Dauda is a 4 btw.

Dear lord, SC is one of the biggest teams in the country. Edwards is not a post, and Dauda is a 4 btw.

Who did they start? The tallest player in SC starting lineup was 6’3. All the guards and wing players like I said don’t have much size. Decent height at best.
I clearly stated guards and wings are pretty small on the screen which is obvious. And Edwards played the 4 spot. Call it post or not she’s going to have to adjust against SEC caliber teams. SEC teams are familiar with Dauda from her time at Arkansas. SC is playing her at the 5 spot.
Memphis tallest post player was listed at 6’3 and they have one other player in the starting lineup listed over 6 feet. SC post should’ve had those rebounds going against a very undersized team. SC tallest post players won’t be a factor against SEC caliber opponents. Again, overall as a team they are pretty small. That was evident last season when Cardoso was not on the court.

SC has two 6’5”s, two 6’4”s, two 6’3”s and a 6’2”……

I knew someone would come here posting heights from the stat book.. looking at the players on the court it is clear that SC does not have an imposing true post presence in size. Those heights don’t look accurate. Memphis is very undersized. Right now, I see the perimeter being where this year’s SC group will have to try to set themselves apart in the SEC.

SC has two 6’5”s, two 6’4”s, two 6’3”s and a 6’2”……

I expected to see Hagemann for Memphis but I see she's not expected to make her debut until...the Tennessee game: DeeDee Hagemann, Memphis women's basketball star transfer, out until December. Here's why

She will have her work cut out then. Tennessee guards are Cooper (former McD AA), Whitehorn (former McD AA), Boyd ( 4-⭐️CG), Spear (former 2-time All-ACC), and Spencer (former SEC Freshman of the Year) among others. Watching this game tonight Memphis needs to establish some balance and depth in their frontcourt to compete. Memphis can’t match Tennessee’s overall team depth.

I knew someone would come here posting heights from the stat book.. looking at the players on the court it is clear that SC does not have an imposing true post presence in size. Those heights don’t look accurate. Memphis is very undersized. Right now, I see the perimeter being where this year’s SC group will have to try to set themselves apart in the SEC.
Sure thing, if you say so.

Last edited:
This is where I believe Coach Caldwell can get her team on track early in the season playing the entire roster while getting the starters and top reserves quality minutes in exhibition games. SC is late in the 4th quarter (4 mins remaining in the game) and still has three starters on the court. That is where in the past I believe Tennessee struggled not getting players in game mode before trying to play a tough non-conference schedule.

This is where I believe Coach Caldwell can get her team on track early in the season playing the entire roster while getting the starters and top reserves quality minutes in exhibition games. SC is late in the 4th quarter (4 mins remaining in the game) and still has three starters on the court. That is where in the past I believe Tennessee struggled not getting players in game mode before trying to play a tough non-conference schedule.
SC played 12 players and the reserves played more minutes than the starters, but ok. It was a scrimmage btw, and that was the intent going in.

Well, fortunately they don’t have a very tough non conf schedule this season. If I’m not mistaken, they face exactly one ranked opponent, #19 FSU in their non conf lineup prior to conference games (I realize UConn game is slated later). But even with that the non conf slate includes only 3 power 4 teams. I get it.

Last edited:
Aliya Boston and Aja Wilson were 6'5"....the only post player that we ever had that was taller was Kamilla Cardoso at 6'7". Now we have Walker at 6'5" and Adhel Tac at 6'6". This team is a big as any team before it. Geez...grasping for straws? Yes, you are.

VN Store

Back