Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Have you even looked at her StatS? Or watch her ply t

Are you serious ? Did you ever look at Reese’s stats at Maryland ? Or watch her play ? She’s not a guard. I was watching her on a recent podcast she’d even tell you she’s neither a wing or guard . She stated she wants to get better and the host asked her what she meant. She said - I have to do more than what I’m comfortable with (rebounds putbscks etc ) she needs a 3 point shot and a better handle on ball- those are her comments not mine . Now go look at her stats at Maryland they are bad if you believe she played guard. Angel wanted to play the 3 but Freese was not on board.

Her one full season she has twice as many T/
o as assists . She shot .176 from 3 … she’s not a guard and she’ can’t do most of the things CK can at guard
Reese had one full season at Maryland because of her injury and she averaged 17/10 and was an All American. She’s been a guard, I’ve watched her since high school and AAU, and yes I’ve watched her win championships at every level. Listen to this clip for yourself, no matter what I think of her she will put the work in and be great IMG_8234.jpeg

Klark is not the best, yes she put up the stats because she always has the ball and the offense is run trying to get her open with screens and she pad stats. Angel Reese is a winner and Champion and that’s something Klark will never be. End of story.
Funny - I am pretty sure Durant never won a college or high school championship so by your logic every player who entered the nba with some sort ig champuinship was better than him. Basing if a player is better than another on winning championships is ridiculous . That means some kid who won 4 championships and yet never made it to the nba is better than those who did and hasn’t won one . There’s no objectively! Did one play on a team of future NBA players or maybe they played in a weaker conference in high school . You do know there’s different classifications?

I promise you the competition was much tougher than a high school championship she was a sophomore who led her team.

“Following the season, Clark led All Iowa Attack to the Nike Elite Youth Basketball League championship, scoring 23 points in a 64–61 victory over the Cal Storm in the final.[21

Clark can’t control what her coaches ask of her and lastly who cares if she has the ball as much as she does. The only thing that matters is that f she can execute what she’s being asked to do - and she is exceeding what was expected of her . I’ve watched NBA players talk about how difficult her passes are and how she sees the floor . They are impressed

Steph Curry went 7th, and Reese is not a natural post player, she’s only been a post player for 2 1/2 years, high school she was a wing and at Maryland she played guard/ small forward. If Klark can play all those different position then u can mention her in the same breath as Reese. Klark would shoot 10% as a post player if they switched her position. Just in case u say something, Paige played Power forward last year and was successful, so Clark has no excuse.
Cool then if her natural position was a guard/wing, you would think she could shoot more than 20% from the 3 and was actually at 18.8%. Reese is fundamentally a horrible offensive player and didnt improve from her junior to senior year at LSU, to the dismay of KM, hence Mulkey benching her for a month for being out of shape. PaigeBuekers was played at the 4 spot in a 4 guard offense out of necessity. Pretty sure she wont play a 4 spot in the W. With that said, Clark's numbers are closer to 60% 5 foot from the basket, so not sure where you are going with that, But I guarantee you Reese would have a spot in the W playing the guard or wing position.

Reactions: Bakers1
Funny - I am pretty sure Durant never won a college or high school championship so by your logic every player who entered the nba with some sort ig champuinship was better than him. Basing if a player is better than another on winning championships is ridiculous . That means some kid who won 4 championships and yet never made it to the nba is better than those who did and hasn’t won one . There’s no objectively! Did one play on a team of future NBA players or maybe they played in a weaker conference in high school . You do know there’s different classifications?

I promise you the competition was much tougher than a high school championship she was a sophomore who led her team.

“Following the season, Clark led All Iowa Attack to the Nike Elite Youth Basketball League championship, scoring 23 points in a 64–61 victory over the Cal Storm in the final.[21

Clark can’t control what her coaches ask of her and lastly who cares if she has the ball as much as she does. The only thing that matters is that f she can execute what she’s being asked to do - and she is exceeding what was expected of her . I’ve watched NBA players talk about how difficult her passes are and how she sees the floor . They are impressed
Kevin Durant only played 1 year of college so it’s not the same, and this is about female college basketball players. Show me a female college player that people say is a generations player that played 4 years in high school and 4 years of college and have no Championships? I’ll give u a few hours to find one, don’t come back until u have that answer.

Reese had one full season at Maryland because of her injury and she averaged 17/10 and was an All American. She’s been a guard, I’ve watched her since high school and AAU, and yes I’ve watched her win championships at every level. Listen to this clip for yourself, no matter what I think of her she will put the work in and be great View attachment 688246

Instead of showing me this stay on topic and explain why you think she was so good at the guard wing position at Md? When presented with facts you never respond . She may be able to guard all 5 that doesn’t make her a guard .

Kevin Durant only played 1 year of college so it’s not the same, and this is about female college basketball players. Show me a female college player that people say is a generations player that played 4 years in high school and 4 years of college and have no Championships? I’ll give u a few hours to find one, don’t come back until u have that answer.
Reese is not a generational player . So I’mmpt going to compare her to those players - rather than reply with subjective comments tell me why you think she’s such a great guard and can do it all . You said Clark would’nt shoot .100 playing post well Reese didn’t shoot even :200 playing guard .

Instead of showing me this stay on topic and explain why you think she was so good at the guard wing position at Md? When presented with facts you never respond . She may be able to guard all 5 that doesn’t make her a guard .
I said she was an AllAmerican is her 1st full season at Maryland after having 2 foot surgeries, can’t u read. So that’s not successful to u. And conference Championships are meaningless, I only put this here because she beat Klark in another Championship game, she’s 3-0 against her in such games AAU was the other IMG_8216.jpeg

Reactions: Ladyvols4ever!
Reese is not a generational player . So I’mmpt going to compare her to those players - rather than reply with subjective comments tell me why you think she’s such a great guard and can do it all . You said Clark would’nt shoot .100 playing post well Reese didn’t shoot even :200 playing guard .
You people call Klark a generational player and she’s not but I used it as an argument, so answer the question I originally asked, otherwise it was nice talking to you.

Reese had one full season at Maryland because of her injury and she averaged 17/10 and was an All American. She’s been a guard, I’ve watched her since high school and AAU, and yes I’ve watched her win championships at every level. Listen to this clip for yourself, no matter what I think of her she will put the work in and be great View attachment 688246

Rebound and
You people call Klark a generational player and she’s not but I used it as an argument, so answer the question I originally asked, otherwise it was nice talking to you.i
I never called her generational so get your “people “straight.. again speak to facts - she claims she can guard all 5 positions and rebound - those are great qualities and her rebounding is amazing . But her stats show she’s no guard. She doesn’t even claim she is it’s only you and you’re not doing her any favors . Again if you watched Maryland you’d see she wasn’t a guard and freese had issues with her trying to be one - hence the fact she transferred

I said she was an AllAmerican is her 1st full season at Maryland after having 2 foot surgeries, can’t u read. So that’s not successful to u. And conference Championships are meaningless, I only put this here because she beat Klark in another Championship game, she’s 3-0 against her in such games AAU was the other View attachment 688255
Stay on track ! I never said it wasn’t impressive. It’s like you’re making up arguments that don’t exist . I’m only talking about her abilities as guard. And the fact she can’t and has never shown she can create numbers like Clark at the Clark’s position just like there’s no way Clark will ever rebound like Reese

Rebound and

I never called her generational so get your “people “straight.. again speak to facts - she claims she can guard all 5 positions and rebound - those are great qualities and her rebounding is amazing . But her stats show she’s no guard. She doesn’t even claim she is it’s only you and you’re not doing her any favors . Again if you watched Maryland you’d see she wasn’t a guard and freese had issues with her trying to be one - hence the fact she transferred
Clark didn’t just win conference championships. She won a prestigious Nike national championship. Which has way better competition than high school conferences

Rebound and

Clark didn’t just win conference championships. She won a prestigious Nike national championship. Which has way better competition than high school conference
Stay on track ! I never said it wasn’t impressive. It’s like you’re making up arguments that don’t exist . I’m only talking about her abilities as guard. And the fact she can’t and has never shown she can create numbers like Clark at the Clark’s position just like there’s no way Clark will ever rebound like Reese
Rather than shouting it thru the rooftops show us statistical proof Reese is capable of putting up guard like stats and stats comparable to Clark’s numbers

Coming out of high school when she was a guard/wing Reese was rated higher, so she did prove it at that time, yes she’s switched multiple positions because she’s a versatile player over the last few years but that facts still remains. Reese doesn’t chase stats like Klark she chases Championships and that’s the difference. IMG_8235.jpeg

Clark didn’t just win conference championships. She won a prestigious Nike national championship. Which has way better competition than high school conference

Rather than shouting it thru the rooftops show us statistical proof Reese is capable of putting up guard like stats and stats comparable to Clark’s numbers
Angel Reese also won that prestigious Nike title, Reese has won at ever level.

Coming out of high school when she was a guard/wing Reese was rated higher, so she did prove it at that time, yes she’s switched multiple positions because she’s a versatile player over the last few years but that facts still remains. Reese doesn’t chase stats like Klark she chases Championships and that’s the difference. View attachment 688275

Please! That's such bull! How do you think she got that double double record? By jacking up rebound after rebound when she could've easily scored on the first try.

Reactions: Bakers1
Please! That's such bull! How do you think she got that double double record? By jacking up rebound after rebound when she could've easily scored on the first try.
Just like Clark padded stats while stealing rebounds from teammates. Reese has had double double records her entire career, let me guess u don’t think she earned that either? She did that all while playing out of position, when Klark proved her versatility by switching positions, u can bring her up again.

Coming out of high school when she was a guard/wing Reese was rated higher, so she did prove it at that time, yes she’s switched multiple positions because she’s a versatile player over the last few years but that facts still remains. Reese doesn’t chase stats like Klark she chases Championships and that’s the difference. View attachment 688275
You think t
Angel Reese also won that prestigious Nike title, Reese has won at ever level.
Im correcting your claim. CC never won a championship. I’m not taking anything away from Reese . Reese doesn’t chase stats ? All players do to sone level . Did you watch her W games cause there were times she padded stars and guess what I have no issue with it .

Do you really think posting her recruiting ranking shows she’s capable of putting up guard stats like CC ??? That’s insane .all it shows is how high of a recruit she was .

So show me where she’s consistently put up or is capable of Clark like numbers ? There’s no proof . None! Saying she’s not a guard or can’t put up numbers like Clark in Clark’s natural position isn’t disparaging her . It’s the truth . Reese of exceptional at rebounding defense and leading a fast break. And that’s great ok she had a phenomenal year in the W and I think she will be in the W for years . But she’s no guard

Here are some of her stats when she was a guard/wing and winning Championships, show me Klark and her Championship Journey, I’m waiting to see her better resume to go along with rings.

IMG_8236.jpeg

Just like Clark padded stats while stealing rebounds from teammates. Reese has had double double records her entire career, let me guess u don’t think she earned that either? She did that all while playing out of position, when Klark proved her versatility by switching positions, u can bring her up again.

Impressive but this shows she’s a post player not a guard . Show me assist/to 3pt % etc they aren’t good

You think t

Im correcting your claim. CC never won a championship. I’m not taking anything away from Reese . Reese doesn’t chase stats ? All players do to sone level . Did you watch her W games cause there were times she padded stars and guess what I have no issue with it .

Do you really think posting her recruiting ranking shows she’s capable of putting up guard stats like CC ??? That’s insane .all it shows is how high of a recruit she was .

So show me where she’s consistently put up or is capable of Clark like numbers ? There’s no proof . None! Saying she’s not a guard or can’t put up numbers like Clark in Clark’s natural position isn’t disparaging her . It’s the truth . Reese of exceptional at rebounding defense and leading a fast break. And that’s great ok she had a phenomenal year in the W and I think she will be in the W for years . But she’s no guard
I agree players do chase stats, especially if they are on a historic run and I’ve said before I don’t have a problem with it.

Here are some of her stats when she was a guard/wing and winning Championships, show me Klark and her Championship Journey, I’m waiting to see her better resume to go along with rings.

View attachment 688278
These.numbers are meaningless without specifics show me assist /to and 3 pt shot stats . 20 rebounds points to a post player . High school isn’t close to college level and her college “guard wing “ stats are horrible !

VN Store

Back