@Norcal67

@NorCalVol67 the wife and I have decided for our 15th anniversary to fly into Cali and road trip. She's never been. I've been several times years ago. Thinking about flying into LA and driving up into North Cali. Looking for recommends, things we should definitely do, etc. I've read LAX is the cheapest to fly in and out of. This isn't happening for a couple of years so no rush. Just starting to talk about it

@NorCalVol67 the wife and I have decided for our 15th anniversary to fly into Cali and road trip. She's never been. I've been several times years ago. Thinking about flying into LA and driving up into North Cali. Looking for recommends, things we should definitely do, etc. I've read LAX is the cheapest to fly in and out of. This isn't happening for a couple of years so no rush. Just starting to talk about it
Uncle Sam flies a lot of folks into Oxnard on the cheap.

Oh yeah, I can come up with recs. Keep reminding me.

Depends on how much time you are planning. I love San Diego county, but that would add a couple or so hours of driving time heading north. If you fly into LA, get out quick. I am only half kidding. The beach towns and canyons are cool.

Santa Barbara is a nice spot, the funk zone has lots of restaurants and wine tasting rooms. Another option in SBC is Los Olivos, cool little town in wine country.

If you are not in a hurry, drive Hwy 1 as much as possible - it is a lot slower. Going through Big Sur is a must. Some cool hikes around there, and Nepenthe is a must stop at least for a cocktail. Think Mad Men final scene. Stay in Carmel for a night or two if it works out then head to the Bay Area.

I can get a lot more specific about the Bay Area including Sonoma and Napa. If you want to keep going north, Mendocino is a cool little town and the drive is nice.

Reactions: Danl and VolNExile
From the awful thread:
When I got married we made it clear we wanted none of that subservient crap in the ceremony. My ex’s cousin’s husband married us, he did bring it up and we were pissed...
Can I ask, did you two push back at that moment, especially since you had already told him you didn’t want it?

I like to think that I would have, but I’m a lot more willing to speak out at 67 than I was at 25.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83

VN Store

Back