@Norcal67

From the awful thread:

Can I ask, did you two push back at that moment, especially since you had already told him you didn’t want it?

I like to think that I would have, but I’m a lot more willing to speak out at 67 than I was at 25.
I’m actually biting my tongue more at 41 than I did as a 25-35 year old…

From the awful thread:

Can I ask, did you two push back at that moment, especially since you had already told him you didn’t want it?

I like to think that I would have, but I’m a lot more willing to speak out at 67 than I was at 25.

No, it was one quick mention. We just looked at each other like wtf.

Reactions: VolNExile
When my younger sister married, she and her husband were founding members of an evangelical church purposed to be like a congregation from the times just after the resurrection (it fell into intramural politics and strife, they left). An elder of the church would marry them and revealed nothing prior to the ceremony. I watched my sister’s back stiffen as the elder instructed her that her husband was the head of the family as Christ is the head of the church, and she should submit to him as she does to G-d. Well, we all knew that wasn’t going to happen.

I'm of the belief that if both are as God intended them to be and trust Him and have faith in Him, that wouldn't be the issue everyone makes it out to be.

But that's just my opinion.

*Disclaimer: I'm not implying I'm as "God intended".

I’m actually biting my tongue more at 41 than I did as a 25-35 year old…
— Hubs and I both found that our tolerance for absurd BS decreased daily once we’d hit our late 50’s - early 60’s. I know I powered through my last five years by focusing on funding my TSP (maxed out plus catch-up) and ruthlessly tracking our overall savings and finances, along with killing it at work.

I had just hit my number about the time my mother had the Big Fall, and it made it very easy to nope right on out of there.

When my younger sister married, she and her husband were founding members of an evangelical church purposed to be like a congregation from the times just after the resurrection (it fell into intramural politics and strife, they left). An elder of the church would marry them and revealed nothing prior to the ceremony. I watched my sister’s back stiffen as the elder instructed her that her husband was the head of the family as Christ is the head of the church, and she should submit to him as she does to G-d. Well, we all knew that wasn’t going to happen.
Cause people totally take thus lut of context, imo. People, mostly men but some women, seem to think that was making the husband the boss. The bible also clearly says that a husband is to love his wife like Christ loved the church, and gave his life for it, and also for the husband to submit to their own wives. My job is to lead in a sense, my kids should see me loving their mom, through everything, even the bad. Hopefully, that leads to them loving the way they should, and finding the love they should. I have issues with men who act like they're something big in church, work, or life in general, yet won't lift a finger to help with dishes, laundry, etc. I'll say, that goes beyond church people, cause I know a few non church people like that. Spiritually speaking, if a man is going to go to church and try to act high and mighty spiritually, his wife and kids should see that life at home, not just church, but that can apply to all as well. My job as a husband is to love my wife with my life, that means not expecting her to do everything around here just because she's a woman, we're a team. Go back to genesis, God said Adam needed "a help meet", not a servant. He knew how much us men needed women, and us "leading them " was in love, not being a boss. Anyway, imo, tldr, tifwiw, twas, etc. Now, I must go tell Tiffany to shut up, and make me breakfast at 👀🤣

Cause people totally take thus lut of context, imo. People, mostly men but some women, seem to think that was making the husband the boss. The bible also clearly says that a husband is to love his wife like Christ loved the church, and gave his life for it, and also for the husband to submit to their own wives. My job is to lead in a sense, my kids should see me loving their mom, through everything, even the bad. Hopefully, that leads to them loving the way they should, and finding the love they should. I have issues with men who act like they're something big in church, work, or life in general, yet won't lift a finger to help with dishes, laundry, etc. I'll say, that goes beyond church people, cause I know a few non church people like that. Spiritually speaking, if a man is going to go to church and try to act high and mighty spiritually, his wife and kids should see that life at home, not just church, but that can apply to all as well. My job as a husband is to love my wife with my life, that means not expecting her to do everything around here just because she's a woman, we're a team. Go back to genesis, God said Adam needed "a help meet", not a servant. He knew how much us men needed women, and us "leading them " was in love, not being a boss. Anyway, imo, tldr, tifwiw, twas, etc. Now, I must go tell Tiffany to shut up, and make me breakfast at 👀🤣
My version was shorter. 😀

Reactions: joevol33
I enjoy telling my wife "Love, Honor, and Obey". Lolol. I don't enjoy the couch, tho. :D

TFL/DR

Reactions: joevol33

VN Store

Back