Nostalgia: What would your bring back from your childhood?

Staying up late on Saturday night watching tales from the cript on HBO. Then switch over and watch head bangers ball on MTV. Good times.

Reactions: 1 person
I guess that means I miss the simple joys of being a kid. Going into the woods building forts and playing army. We used to think Bigfoot was in the woods and searched for him daily. Lol

Me and my friends dug a "foxhole". Covered it with tin, then leaves and brush, you couldn't tell it was there. It fit all 4 of us, and was cool as anything until we got in it with a snake one day.

The original Shaq shoes
kvfvfnbswspyb7tfrvjk.jpg

(I don't think these are them, but close enough)

My man!

The Record Bar in the mall.
The basketball court behind JustForFeet in Knoxville
Exploring the cave under Gettysvue before they gated and locked the cave.
Glass bottle cokes. The small, stumpy ones.

BMX bikes! In my neighborhood growing up, if you didnt have either a Mongoose or a Diamond Back, you werent ****! I, of course, had a Huffy. :angry:

Reactions: 1 person
I raced a Schwinn, the shop on Northshore sponsored us...I kept that bike forever..

Then it was stolen, after I graduated UT, and went to Germany

One with an earphone

I had a small AM radio that I would listen to late at night..wow what a world it opened up to a poor child in rural ET..at night I could get St. Louis, Cincinnati, and New York baseball games...I knew two things at 7 years old..1) I would go to Yankee Stadium one day and 2) I would eat at White Castle :)

Reactions: 2 people
BMX bikes! In my neighborhood growing up, if you didnt have either a Mongoose or a Diamond Back, you werent ****! I, of course, had a Huffy. :angry:

Me too. Lol. Always wanted a goose or a GT performer. I miss just about everything in this thread. I am 39. Had a very similar childhood to eberyone here.

Roller skating at Governors on Clinton Hwy in Powell with my big sister.

Ahhh yes the local roller rink was a big time hang out as a kid! The great thing about it was when the slow music started playing it exposed the losers in the building pretty quickly with one phrase over the PA...

"Attention please. Couples only! Couples...only!"

Anyone here ever play with Shogun Warriors? To this day they were the coolest mech toys ever! Transformers ain't got nuthin' on these bad boys!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back