Nostalgia: What would your bring back from your childhood?

~W...L...S~
~EIGHT NINE OH - IN CHICAGO~
~Clear Channel AM Radio
with Fifty Thousand Watts of POWER to bring you
Dick Biondi spinning all your favorite Top 40 tunes. Let's start the night with Motown's own ... Temp TA shuns new song. "My Girl"

https://youtu.be/Vc_SDlPMGDA

Oh.. and I want a pocket AM/FM radio for Christmas.

Last edited:
One with an earphone

Attachments

• stock-photo-old-portable-radio-lots-of-chrome-and-leather-isolated-on-white-background-77386195.jpg
    stock-photo-old-portable-radio-lots-of-chrome-and-leather-isolated-on-white-background-77386195.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 114
Tree houses we'd build in the empty lots around the neighborhood made with what we'd salvage out of the scrap piles at the houses being built around the neighborhood.

Reactions: 1 person
The show Dinosaurs
Walking around my old Elementary school.
Hanging out with my grandpa at his shop.
There just isn't enough time to name all the things that would bring me back to my childhood. I was very lucky.

Not the mama!

M*A*S*H
The Dick Van Dyke Show
Cheers
Soap
Good Times
Barney Miller
The Bob Newhart Show
Mary Tyler Moore
Mannix
Laugh-In
Starsky and Hutch
Columbo
Welcome Back Kotter
Sanford & Son
Chico & the Man
All of the 70's variety shows - especially Carol Burnett

Reactions: 2 people
Trading baseball cards with the neighborhood kids.

Getting good behavior in school and being allowed to play Oregon Trail.

Taking a family trip without tablets, DVD players, cell phones. We just sat there until the trip was over.

Watching The goonies almost every day

Playing little league and buying these at the concession stand!

kissgum.jpg

Although I love the fact that on any given Saturday I can watch about 20 college football and basketball games, I do kind of miss that games on TV, and specially UT games, used to kind of be a much bigger deal.

It's a given every UT game is televised now (in HD), but I'm just old enough to remember when we were lucky if 4 games a season were on TV, and basketball seemed even more scarce. It made it feel that much more special when a game actually came on.

Although I love the fact that on any given Saturday I can watch about 20 college football and basketball games, I do kind of miss that games on TV, and specially UT games, used to kind of be a much bigger deal.

It's a given every UT game is televised now (in HD), but I'm just old enough to remember when we were lucky if 4 games a season were on TV, and basketball seemed even more scarce. It made it feel that much more special when a game actually came on.

It certainly helped to have John Ward to listen to on the radio.

I would kill to be 15 again playing dunkball on a 9' goal with my friends. That's as pure as sports get.

You brought back some great memories.

A friend had an 8 1/2' goal mounted into a concrete wall that was indestructible. We played any shot inside the arc, goal tending was allowed. Man that was great times. You could only play 3 vs 3 max the court was so small. We would play for hours.

Trading baseball cards with the neighborhood kids.

Getting good behavior in school and being allowed to play Oregon Trail.

Taking a family trip without tablets, DVD players, cell phones. We just sat there until the trip was over.

Watching The goonies almost every day
We would have been good friends, dude. Haha!

3on3 basketball tournaments in Windsor Square and the Old City.

Having all night basketball games in the driveway with nothing but a waterhose for drinks

Finally saving enough to by a cd player to replace the cassette player in my first car.

Calling it "sitting Indian style".

Reebok pumps. I just bought a pair of re-issues actually.

Or if you had cheap parents...LA Gear Regulators.

The most pointless game that for some reason I liked anyway, but after 5 minutes the thrill was gone.

image.jpg

VN Store

Back