Not even a glimpse of Dobbs or Ferguson

Saw Dobbs at vol walk looked like a deer in the head lights.Worley looked focused. Petterman looked ready and Ferguson looked in awe oh and by the way big Dan is just that

Reactions: 1 person
Two games in and we haven't even gotten a chance to see either of these guys. Rest assured you won't see them the next two games. Maybe by Kentucky if at all. Butch had plenty of lead and time to the last two games to give them at least a single possession.

Maybe next year...More likely the year after that :thumbsup:

No, you use the most experienced player (Worley) and give the skinny freshmen time to grow both physically and mentally and look toward the future. Do you even watch football and pay attention?

Two games in and we haven't even gotten a chance to see either of these guys. Rest assured you won't see them the next two games. Maybe by Kentucky if at all. Butch had plenty of lead and time to the last two games to give them at least a single possession.

Did you happen to look over on the bench? Probably see them over there somewhere. Hope this is helpfull.

Dobbs is better then Worley I'm calling Monday to ut and tell them I will not be watching anymore football until they start dobbs

Obvious Worley hater and you want one o these two to play and take his spot. If we are playing a freshmen qb this year then we are in trouble. How many freshmen qbs do well in the SEC? Not many is my answer or they are rare occurrences.

Did you expect them? Some of us have been telling folks like you that they were going to try to preserve their RS.

The only way one of them plays is if one of the first two guys gets injured or Jones decides to go with someone other than Worley. I am not personally sure that Peterman is the second best QB on the roster. But he's already used his RS.

If Worley is pulled or injured then we will know who is truly the 2nd best guy.

Reactions: 1 person
Both won't play. And I think one issue is once you play one of them, you've made your choice of which is better and which will redshirt. Jmo.

and which one will leave next year, as long as both are red-shirted,they will both be here next year, once one gets the nod,the other will leave and i'm guessing,that Peterman will be gone too,if he doesn't get a crack at the starting position,it may be a mess for next year

I think you guys are missing the OP's point. I'll go ahead and make it for him.

My four year old daughter could throw with more velocity than what we have produced at QB the past 2 weeks. It'd be different if he (Worley) were accurate, but he can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Moving forward, we may be in trouble at the position with a few L's to follow. He's scary bad guys.

Okay guy.

Sorry, got a little excited there. But I'm sure CBJ has enuff sense and experience that if Dobbs was ready and was the best of the 4 QBs he would start him, but it's a building process. It will take time. Generally win with upperclassmen due to time in strength and conditioning program and coaching 'em up. Now having said all that, if coach wants to win this year and Worley doesnt improve then all bets are off. Most likely he is looking toward the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Both won't play. And I think one issue is once you play one of them, you've made your choice of which is better and which will redshirt. Jmo.

If they don't play all year, they are automatically redshirted. Sometimes it's better to remain silent than to remove all doubt.

Nobody is redshirted until the end of the season. If a guy doesn't play he is a RS.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

The only way one of them plays is if one of the first two guys gets injured or Jones decides to go with someone other than Worley. I am not personally sure that Peterman is the second best QB on the roster. But he's already used his RS.

If Worley is pulled or injured then we will know who is truly the 2nd best guy.

:good!: :good!: :good!: :good!:

Not sure why everybody is caught up on redshirting. Is Worley our QB for the next two years?

Not sure why everybody is caught up on redshirting. Is Worley our QB for the next two years?

Unless something tragic happens then we'll have to wait until the beginning of next season to see how Dobbs and Ferguson are coming along(if they're still here). Maybe one will outshine Worley by then.

VN Store

Back