Not even a glimpse of Dobbs or Ferguson

You don't have to be "at practice" to see that the kid can't throw. Period.

I covered my eyes on the North catch. I'm sure I was blushing and laughing at the same time as well.

And a freshman is ready, ok. I think I'll trust coaches who see these guys day in day out over a once a Saturday opinion

Reactions: 1 person
Somehow despite all of his suckiness, Justin Worley has managed to put up 92 points in two games. Sometimes it wasn't pretty, but 92 is the number. Let me re-phrase it for the stupid people, 92 points! That is in only 5 1/2 quarters. What am I missing? I guess you can subtract 14 from the two pick sixes today. That means 78 in two games. 39 points per game. How many FBS Schools would like to have that?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
No but he do the other two run the offense better? Making play calls? Reads?

If they could, they would be higher on the depth chart...but the coaching staff has been there day in and day out so they are in a much better position to know who can do what. It's not like Butch recruited Worley and has any special loyalty towards him...he plays the kids who give us the best shot at winning...but that doesn't stop the whining...

And a freshman is ready, ok. I think I'll trust coaches who see these guys day in day out over a once a Saturday opinion

Be my guest.

You guys are probably right. No skinny, inexperienced freshman QB's come to mind that have made any sort of impact in recent years...

Oh yeah, there was that Johnny guy just last year.....................:ermm:

You don't have to be "at practice" to see that the kid can't throw. Period.

I covered my eyes on the North catch. I'm sure I was blushing and laughing at the same time as well.

I think the point is, just because one guy is struggling at times doesn't mean the backup is automatically better. Everyone can see Worley has some issues, but he's 2-0 and he's going to be the quarterback against Oregon.

Reactions: 4 people
I think the point is, just because one guy is struggling at times doesn't mean the backup is automatically better. Everyone can see Worley has some issues, but he's 2-0 and he's going to be the quarterback against Oregon.

The voice of reason.

Be my guest.

You guys are probably right. No skinny, inexperienced freshman QB's come to mind that have made any sort of impact in recent years...

He was a redshirt freshman. Remember that term? That's what we are doing with Dobbs and Ferguson.

Reactions: 4 people

I think there's a big difference between "struggling" and simply not having the physical tools to ever succeed in the highest level of competition outside of the NFL.

He has nothing to offer. It'd be different if he had some sort of Peyton-esque understanding of the offense but he doesn't. I'd even be okay with a cannon arm and below average accuracy or vice versa - but he has neither.

Be my guest.

They didn't say no freshman quarterback should play, ever.

If they could, they would be higher on the depth chart...but the coaching staff has been there day in and day out so they are in a much better position to know who can do what. It's not like Butch recruited Worley and has any special loyalty towards him...he plays the kids who give us the best shot at winning...but that doesn't stop the whining...

Stop the logic Sam, it's wasted on the stupid

I think there's a big difference between "struggling" and simply not having the physical tools to ever succeed in the highest level of competition outside of the NFL.

He has nothing to offer. It'd be different if he had some sort of Peyton-esque understanding of the offense but he doesn't. I'd even be okay with a cannon arm and below average accuracy or vice versa - but he has neither.

So Butch went through all of spring practice, a summer, and all of fall practice evaluating Worley and just didn't realize he didn't have the tools to succeed? Meanwhile we have two Johnny Manziel's on the roster who couldn't crack the rotation. Makes sense to me. :)

Reactions: 3 people
Is that any way for a mod to talk?

Not sure what Worley has ever done besides playing average against bad teams to make you people so defensive.

Forgive me for not listening to someone who was adamant that Gruden was coming to UT.

O Hai Barb.

So Butch went through all of spring practice, a summer, and all of fall practice evaluating Worley and just didn't realize he didn't have the tools to succeed? Meanwhile we have two Johnny Manziel's on the roster who couldn't crack the rotation. Makes sense to me. :)

How many times have VERY GOOD coaches made the wrong decision at QB during the offseason?

I never said Dobbs or Fergs were Manziel. I was pointing out that this whole "don't play freshmen" nonsense is silly.

Me too Freak! We have alot of people on here that know alot more about the QB situation tham Butch. :eek:lol:

Forgive me for not listening to someone who was adamant that Gruden was coming to UT.

O Hai Barb.

Adamant about Gruden coming here or WANTING him to come here?

I'm no insider Barb. Never claimed to be.

...we're 2 games in to the season and you're still bringing up Gruden? :lolabove:

If Worley is better than everybody else then we better sign a QB in this class.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back