Not even a glimpse of Dobbs or Ferguson

Unless something tragic happens then we'll have to wait until the beginning of next season to see how Dobbs and Ferguson are coming along(if they're still here). Maybe one will outshine Worley by then.

No reason not to play one if Worley isn't the guy going further.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Good post but you are wasting your time. They will never understand.

I understand what I see.

What do I see you ask? I'll take a shot.

Average size. Nothing special.
Can't throw on the run. Can't throw when pressured.
WAY below average overall arm strength.
WAY below average accuracy.
Average mobility from a pocket passer.

THIS is what we plan on trotting out against Oregon?

...:ermm:

Sorry - I'm with the OP 100% on this one. Burn up some eligibility and cross your fingers. Maybe a 2004 situation happens again.

Dobbs can run the ball...tee Martin like

The only problem I have is that he's a tad on the skinny side right now.

On the other hand, Worley is skinny and he's been in this weight program for 3 years now. :ermm:

Give me a QB other than Worley or Petermen and I'll show you a 10 win season.

Sorry, got a little excited there. But I'm sure CBJ has enuff sense and experience that if Dobbs was ready and was the best of the 4 QBs he would start him, but it's a building process. It will take time. Generally win with upperclassmen due to time in strength and conditioning program and coaching 'em up. Now having said all that, if coach wants to win this year and Worley doesnt improve then all bets are off. Most likely he is looking toward the future.

Yea, but everyone always wants the QB who has never played a down in college...heck, I bet if we played Dobbs our D wouldn't have given up so much yardage...lol!

Not sure why everybody is caught up on redshirting. Is Worley our QB for the next two years?

This year and next? I don't know, is he? All I know is he's the starter right now.

I'm not hung up on redshirting, but Butch said he'd like to redshirt one of them, so that's his plan I guess.

My point was the decision to play another quarterback is a little more complicated than let's throw one out and see what he can do, just for kicks.

Reactions: 3 people
This year and next? I don't know, is he? All I know is he's the starter right now.

I'm not hung up on redshirting, but Butch said he'd like to redshirt one of them, so that's his plan I guess.

My point was the decision to play another quarterback is a little more complicated than let's throw one out and see what he can do, just for kicks.

Why not? We won't be hoisting the crystal this year regardless.

Inexperienced freshman with some physical tools or experienced JR who can't play?

You are correct. The third string QB will not step on the field this year unless there's an injury or total meltdown. It would be a Dooley like decision and hopefully we're past doing things that stupid...

The new recruits will run the offense Dobbs and Ferguson were recruited to run -- have you forgotten Fulmers final season ? Clawson trying to run his type of O with a pro style QB and RBs --- it failed miserably. CBJ has to go with what he has right now and its still pro style

I agree 100%. The logistics behind a college football roster is daunting. Butch is a spread coach that inherited a team built around drop back passers. His style has to have the right type of personnel. Worley fits the system that the players have been taught already by the previous coaches. If that system inst taken into account there would be chaos all over the field. Think of how bad the sudden 3-4 switch panned out last season. One practice season is not enough to change a teams playing style.

Why not throw Dobbs out there when it's obvious your "experience" can't play?

Why Dobbs? Who says Ferguson isn't better? Assuming Jones wanted to make a change, are you going to give Peterman a shot with the first team or just bypass him?

All hypothetical of course.

Why Dobbs? Who says Ferguson isn't better? Assuming Jones wanted to make a change, are you going to give Peterman a shot with the first team or just bypass him?

All hypothetical of course.

Doesn't have to be Dobbs.

I just think it's painfully obvious that Worley doesn't have the skill set to be a starter in the SEC.

We argue about stars, but his 3 and 2 star ratings coming out of high school were warranted.

It's kind of embarrassing to watch to be honest with you.

Why not throw Dobbs out there when it's obvious your "experience" can't play?

Perhaps because Worley has led us to two 30+ wins, has the most experience, we want to preserve a freshman's skinny frame and confidence, we don't want either freshman to leave, they need more time, and perhaps, most importantly, Butch Jones believes that Justin Worley gives us the best chance to win on the field right now.

Everyone else has already stated these obvious points, but you didn't seem to read them. Thus here they are.

Reactions: 3 people
Perhaps because Worley has led us to two 30+ wins, has the most experience, we want to preserve a freshman's skinny frame and confidence, we don't want either freshman to leave, they need more time, and perhaps, most importantly, Butch Jones believes that Justin Worley gives us the best chance to win on the field right now.

Everyone else has already stated these obvious points, but you didn't seem to read them. Thus here they are.

Yeah, cause Worley isn't skinny at all.

Give me a break.

The kid's helmet looks like it's two sizes too big with biceps to match.

VN Store

Back