not impressed with play calling!!!

Disagree completely. CBJ is doing what he can do with the roster he inherited.

Come back in a couple years and it will be a different story.

Yes, people don't seem to understand there is a reason this was/is called a rebuilding job. The program needs to be built from the ground up. Better players, better poise, etc.

Many posters on volnation are like my ex wife......total idiots.

Half of you have never played a down in your life and yet you are all knowing.

Sign off and find a cliff to jump off of if your not going to be a real fan.

Go vols. I am still here pulling for my TN vols.

I liked the the intensity in the first quarter. The team will get better and more confident. Hopefully this game will be like a scab once you heal from it, you" ll be a little tougher. At the end of the day UT doesn't have to play Oregon or an offense like Oregonian again this year and I think this team will do well.

After all the great things CBJ has done over the offseason, you're gonna take 1 half vs the fastest football team in the world that is far superior to us, and try to use that as evidence that CBJ is Dooley 2? Please

If he's so great why are we losing 37-7. I didn't think we would win but I hoped we would at least be able to somewhat hang in there with Oregon

Imagine this, some dumb@ass posting about CBJ being like Dooley....I knew this would come up. You're basing your claim on 30 minutes of a single game in a coach's first year at a school that's been in the dump for the past several years (and by the way we're playing an Oregon team that has way more talent and speed and possibly the best team in the country). I regret signing up for and reading this forum already because of fans like this. I don't care if we lose 70-7, Tennessee will be relevant again and hell we have a good shot at UF next week. So shut up about this CBJ being Dooley sh!t. :realmad:

So you don't want him to punt it and have Oregon score in half of the time? It doesn't matter where they get it on the field so make them go as far as they can. You've been listening that idiot on tv too much. There's a reason he's calling the game and not coaching

When you have no chance anyway it makes no point not to go for it around midfield. It makes no difference where they get the ball at anyway. Their just as dangerous from their own 15 as they are the 50 def didn't agree with the play call strategy. Lots of slow developing plays. Plays right into their hands.

Imagine this, some dumb@ass posting about CBJ being like Dooley....I knew this would come up. You're basing your claim on 30 minutes of a single game in a coach's first year at a school that's been in the dump for the past several years (and by the way we're playing an Oregon team that has way more talent and speed and possibly the best team in the country). I regret signing up for and reading this forum already because of fans like this. I don't care if we lose 70-7, Tennessee will be relevant again and hell we have a good shot at UF next week. So shut up about this CBJ being Dooley sh!t. :realmad:

Not trying to be negative. But you think we have a shot at UF?

If he's so great why are we losing 37-7. I didn't think we would win but I hoped we would at least be able to somewhat hang in there with Oregon

Lot of blame in a lot of areas here. Terrible play calling, terrible QB play, Safety's our lost on defense again...

I posted a thread on this earlier in the week opining that Autzen was 4 down territory. I was promptly laughed off the board.

Six punts in a row were taken to the house. The net result is our winded D. Go for it on fourth down and maybe we could have had their D winded.

Oh well.

AV

I hate to say this but Butch is just trying to get to Florida. And it pisses me off.

run more than 2 plays. the run-option isn't gonna work when everybody in the UNIVERSE know Worley aint keepin it.

then we get in 3rd and medium-long and everbody knows weve got to throw it.

what happened on the 2nd drive(scoring drive) that we cant keep doing it?

and im sorry but if you have the best oline in the country you have to go on 4 and 1(even on your side) cause your gonna get blown out if you don't keep the ball.

rant off
Amen

as I posted in another thread, do you really want to give Oregon the ball inside their own 40 yard line?

At some point you have to put faith in your defense to make a play, or string a couple of plays together.

Reactions: 1 person
My God, we have some unbelievably unintelligent fans.....this isn't the 1998 national championship team we're fielding. Oregon is a far superior team and anyone with a brain should know that.

as I posted in another thread, do you really want to give Oregon the ball inside their own 40 yard line?

At some point you have to put faith in your defense to make a play, or string a couple of plays together.

Where's the faith in your NFL-bound O-line on 4th and 1?

AV

Reactions: 2 people

Once again, they are a national championship contender and we are an unranked team coming off of a 4-7 campaign in which we lost most of our talent off of that team in the offseason. You are unrealistic and need to get your head examined.

VN Store

Back