Off Season Moves Thread

With the Smokies, yeah it was promotions, community relations, tickets, etc.

the cool thing with the Smokies was that I got to know a scout pretty well and went to a couple of Appy league games with him and he helped me learn the scouting process.

at Ohio, it was a bunch of stuff, but i ran our video analysis system and charted pitches during games and then made up scouting reports. i also got to evaluate recruiting video for the coaches, which was cool.

UT was mainly helping with summer camps and helping them with their video system.

i interviewed with the MLB teams for minor league video coordinator positions, so it's baseball ops-ish.

usa baseball was for baseball operations of their national teams.

Excellent. Was just curious. All of that sounds pretty awesome.

To first get the job with Ohio doing video stuff and scouting reports, did you just approach the coach and ask about positions, or make connects through your major, leading to that?

To first get the job with Ohio doing video stuff and scouting reports, did you just approach the coach and ask about positions, or make connects through your major, leading to that?

Yeah, first week on campus I emailed the head coach asking if there was anyway I could work with the baseball team and he said yeah. So I met with him and he offered me a manager position. It's not the most glamorous position, but I've had so many great experiences and met so many awesome people. I'm really gonna miss it.

I hear ya. Minor league teams, and certainly college teams, are always looking for help in different forms.

Good stuff #1 and 005...I'm trying to get involved in the industry somehow myself, sent some resumes to the Pawtucket Red Sox recently hoping to break in somewhere.

Greinke has a full player opt-out clause after the 3rd year of the deal. And, if traded during the deal, he can opt out at the end of the season in which he was traded.

this likely won't matter at all, but still interesting.

not so fast my friends

@TBTimes_Rays: Hearing #Rays have traded Shields AND Davis to #Royals. Working on confirmation and return

time to sign wil myers for like a 5 year 1.2 million dollar extension or something stupid.

VN Store

Back