Official 2014 FIFA World Cup Thread

Chile is exicitng to watch on the attack, but they are known to concede as many as they score. Against better teams, idk if they can do what they did to Australia.

Brazil isn't exactly third world either.
I suppose that if you don't apply standards like access to potable water, infant mortality, poverty rate and life expectancy then it's top notch. I've been to South America. If you're wealthy enough then most of the nations down there would be pretty nice places to live assuming you can keep from getting kidnapped or slaughtered in the next uprising. If you're not wealthy then life is pretty brutal. Not what I consider fully developed nations but everyone is entity his or her own opinion.

I suppose that if you don't apply standards like access to potable water, infant mortality, poverty rate and life expectancy then it's top notch. I've been to South America. If you're wealthy enough then most of the nations down there would be pretty nice places to live assuming you can keep from getting kidnapped or slaughtered in the next uprising. If you're not wealthy then life is pretty brutal. Not what I consider fully developed nations but everyone is entity his or her own opinion.

I certainly wasn't trying to make the claim that it's on the level of the US or Western Europe, but it's also not exactly Central Africa, which is what I think of when "Third World" is mentioned.

I'll be interested to see how Columbia looks without Falcao. Greece's best shot is probably to hope for a 0-0 draw. They historically have a tough time scoring in the WC.

But they play defense. Columbia should win, but your right about not having Falcao. Big loss

So much for Greece trying to just lock this game down in defense. They're definitely not built for chasing a game for 85+ minutes.

I wonder if Greece is going to be able to mug the rest of the game. Or is it the Columbians trying to dive?

VN Store

Back