Official 2014 FIFA World Cup Thread

Costa Rica looked the part today but who knows if they can keep it up. Uruguay has some stars to rely on in Lugano, Forlan and Cavani. I think they'll bounce back and they have a ton of fan support there. I didn't get a chance to watch a lot of the Italy/England match so I can't really say much about their performance. It seemed that Rooney was absent like he has been for about the last 6 years in international play. Italy is clearly the class of the group but if I had to choose between England/Uruguay/Costa Rica to make it out, I'd go with Uruguay.

italy.jpg

I know I have no right calf but I'm 43 and am 8 surgeries in on that leg so all I have to say is I wore Neymar and he scores 2 and I wore Italy today so I'm 2-0.
Olay, olay olay olay, olay.

Olay

Can't wait to watch Messi tomorrow!

Bosnia is a dangerous team though, Dzeko is a Ibrahimovic type player.

View attachment 78377

I know I have no right calf but I'm 43 and am 8 surgeries in on that leg so all I have to say is I wore Neymar and he scores 2 and I wore Italy today so I'm 2-0.
Olay, olay olay olay, olay.

Olay

Then, for the love of all humanity, please be wearing a USMNT kit on Monday! If you need one, I will even overnight it!!!:peace2:

So if they were Americans you still would have said "I love the 3rd world"?

Brazil isn't the 3rd world in terms of income, human development, freedom of the press,etc.

Countries of the Third World - Nations Online Project
I'm a US citizen and I said it about myself.

That said, yesterday was crazy. I don't know why I bought into Greece 's world ranking. England and Italy was a toss up and I picked the wrong side of the coin. And Costa Rica? Hopefully yesterday was a fluke. If not, my knockout bracket is toast.

Does the England result renew the cries to cap the number of foreigners that each EPL team can suit?

Last edited:
Three days in and the WC couldn't have been much better so far. No draws and only two teams have failed to score at least one goal. Even the Italy/England game that had all the ingredients for a scoreless draw was pretty wide open until the Italians retook the lead and parked the bus for the final 15-20 minutes.

It's been amazing so far.

Today, we get Messi's debut. I really think he was saving himself for this tournament during the club season after having all those hamstring problems. I think he has a big tournament. Bosnia-Herzegovina is a really good team. Very weak defensively though. Look for Messi to exploit that.

Also excited to see France play. No Ribery. No Nasri. They are still very talented though. I think Griezmann shows the world his class this tournament.

I think they said yesterday that there had been 24 goals in the first 6 games and last WC there had been 9 in the first 6.

VN Store

Back