Official 2014 FIFA World Cup Thread

Hate it for England fans, but love it for the English media who think English football is the end-all be-all of world football.

So I'm hearing England could stil advance. I thought 2 losses in the group stage and you go home.

As long as Italy play well and give them some help, they're not really in the insurmountable hole that the commentators made it sound like. If they can beat Costa Rica, it very conceivable that things work out to see them move on. That said, they're going to have to play better just to beat Costa Rica.

England needs Italy to beat Costa Rica and Urugauy, and they need to hope Italy beats them bad. And England has to best Costa Rica next week by a couple goals. Basically Italy would have to have 9 points and everyone else would have to have 3 points and have lost two games so that would mean England would just need to lead in goal differential to advance.

England needs Italy to beat Costa Rica and Urugauy, and they need to hope Italy beats them bad. And England has to best Costa Rica next week by a couple goals. Basically Italy would have to have 9 points and everyone else would have to have 3 points and have lost two games so that would mean England would just need to lead in goal differential to advance.

I think the Ticos have a chance today. They are a real dark horse in this group

Reactions: 1 person
This Brazilian guy is deaf and blind and his friends figured out a way to give him a play-by-play of the WC.

peC14l1.gif

Reactions: 5 people
Wow, two impressive performances by the Ticos. Well deserved! :hi:

Colombia and Chile were kind of expected to pose a threat to the traditional powerhouses. But Costa Rica is the team of the tournament so far.

I still think Italy will make it to the round of sixteen.

And, oh well... bye bye good ole England. :p

BqhcyLQIcAIX-Hj.jpg:large

Reactions: 1 person
With Spain already out it probably isn't quite so wounding to John Bull's pride. Not sure how England can fix this with two thirds of the players in the upper echelon of the FA being foreigners. The easy answer is to make the FA more English with Mexican style limits on foreign players but then you risk devaluing the Premier League, which has a lot of foreign owners.

France looks dominant so far in this tournament. They will be a tough out for whoever has to face them in the knockout stage.

VN Store

Back